Sponsored by:

Shock Doctor helmet bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 05:15 PM
AC coupe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shock Doctor helmet bags

They look very nice but they seem to have disappeared from the Shock Doctor web site....

There are a number of places that have them on sale for extremely good prices but upon closer inspection they say it's the "moto/BMX/crew" size.

As I said, not on the SD web site so there is no dimensions given: Mistake to buy one of those for an Arai GP6?

tx
Old 04-24-2011, 08:12 PM
sleder
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check with Mark at OG Racing
Old 04-24-2011, 10:43 PM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

The ShockDoc helmet bags are quite roomy. I keep my HANS device in mine along with my Bell helmet and a spare pair of gloves and have quite a bit of room around the helmet. The one I have connects to a dryer/blower for those humid summer races where your helmet never dries out.
I believe the company may have changed direction as the former CEO who was into Motorsports left a couple of years ago. I think they may be concentrating on their core business of hockey protective equipment they no longer make running shoe insoles either.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:03 PM
dwe8922
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

I have one, and like it. Very nice bag. However, most of the time I just set my HANS and helmet on the drier; too lazy to put it back in the bag, and it seems to work fine that way. Probably wouldn't have bought the bag if I had it to do again.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:23 AM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

I actually bought a hockey bag and blower combo kit for a good price. Get to use it soon so will see if it actually does work.

However, the company was sued for their ozone dryer technology and has ended their entire lineup and will focus on their other sports gear such as mouth pieces, etc.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:49 AM
AC coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by jaje

However, the company was sued for their ozone dryer technology and has ended their entire lineup and will focus on their other sports gear such as mouth pieces, etc.
ah, that explains it...
Old 04-25-2011, 12:14 PM
john@wickedgarage
Former Vendor

We have bags and blowers in stock. Let us know what you guys are looking for.

As for the ozone lawsuit, I have never heard that version.

The statement I saw from Shock Doctor discussed that the original patent owners did not re-sign a contract with Shock Doctor and thus Shock Doctor would discontinue most of the power dry line.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:37 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

The lawsuit was related to them licensing the ozone / blower technology IP - there were sued and quickly then discontinued sales / product line. I found this out when I talked to a representative at Shock Doctor as I wanted to buy their carry on bag that had the blower port for when I would fly to races.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:44 PM
AC coupe
Instructor

Originally Posted by John@SpeedMerchants
We have bags and blowers in stock. Let us know what you guys are looking for.

As for the ozone lawsuit, I have never heard that version.

The statement I saw from Shock Doctor discussed that the original patent owners did not re-sign a contract with Shock Doctor and thus Shock Doctor would discontinue most of the power dry line.
Thanks!...I see you too have the "Moto/MX" sized helmet... this is the right size for a normal helmet or is it elongated to accommodate the long peaks and chin bars of MX lids?

Quick Reply: Shock Doctor helmet bags