comatb, good to put a face with a name!
You to Peter.

Bill
Old 04-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Garylimey
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by comatb
Gary bring two, just in case I need one too.
I think we need to put a "not usually thought of" spares needed list together Bill, I'll start it with drop links LOL!

Hope to see you at NJMP in July Bill
Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Mike, great to meet you there!

These are the best high end track days I have ever been to. Excellent value for money in track time alone, coaching is just a gigantic bonus.

I will try to make NJMP in July but more likely AMP in September. I could not get a lot of Video coaching because I kep screwing myself up with tires and pads, but I will make sure my car starts fresher next time. I mean 300+ track miles a day.. Who new..
Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Mike, great to meet you there!

These are the best high end track days I have ever been to. Excellent value for money in track time alone, coaching is just a gigantic bonus.

I will try to make NJMP in July but more likely AMP in September. I could not get a lot of Video coaching because I kep screwing myself up with tires and pads, but I will make sure my car starts fresher next time. I mean 300+ track miles a day.. Who new..
Hey Peter,

Great to finally meet you also and was cool to try to keep up with you! Man that RS sure looks great out there. I was sure glad to finally work through my tire issue to try and keep up.

It would be great to tail you at the NJMP event also! No doubt the Murry format is killer and is at the top of my events for the year. Open track all day with Murry in the paddock to help with data/video review is tops! He helped me take quite a bit off my laps at VIR.

Hope all goes well with the RS til then!
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Rceron
Racer

Did you guys first have to mate the data with the video so D.Murry could comment? I was there but didn't get a chance to see how he was managing all this. I just assumed he was going to be swamped with a long line of people trying to show their data. Had a great time as well. These type of events could be killer for the typical DE event. Will return for September at VIR
Old 05-02-2011, 11:53 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Merging data with video might help, but he can pretty much just look at video and tell you where I suck most.

try to keep up with you! Man that RS sure looks great out there. I was sure glad to finally work through my tire issue to try and keep up.
Except from where I was sitting you're going faster and I tried keeping up with you
Old 05-03-2011, 07:32 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,065 Likes on 1,794 Posts

Originally Posted by Rceron
Did you guys first have to mate the data with the video so D.Murry could comment?
<snip>
These type of events could be killer for the typical DE event. Will return for September at VIR
The most expedient way is to have the data overlay on the video, a la AiM SmartyCam (one or two of which are available for use for single runs for just that purpose, signed up for in advance) but David is a real pro.

He can tell you more reviewing a simple GoPro or Contour video than many instructors and coaches can with the full array of data. More than enough to get you started or further along than you thought possible. Definitely worthwhile.

As an aside, Hurricane Region-PCA is hosting David in June at VIR, where he will lead a "Master's Class." Information here: http://hur.pca.org/News/Announcements.aspx

Sign-up through www.clubregistration.net
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 05-03-2011, 08:51 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Lolaman
As an aside, Hurricane Region-PCA is hosting David in June at VIR, where he will lead a "Master's Class." Information here: http://hur.pca.org/News/Announcements.aspx

Sign-up through www.clubregistration.net

Hey Peter, the above event looks really cool! I don't think I could attend due to timing but with the combined data and video experience of you and David I think that would be a great experience. You, Peter, are also great with the data/video from our past experiences! Thanks for that!

Quick Reply: David Murry Tracks Days at VIR