Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 TV coverage in North America

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Would someone be willing to spill the beans on the VPN?

How does it work? Is it legal? Which is the best service to use?

Thanks!!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:57 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto
Old 04-18-2011, 03:17 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Get FoxyProxy add on for Firefox and then check out this site to get the proper proxy ISP address: http://www.proxz.com/proxy_list_uk_0_ext.html

These are the free ones and are a hit or miss so you'll have to test them. You can also pay and get a better connection that you won't have to change.

As far as legalities, I plead ignorance. These proxy sites have been around for years without any government trying to shut them down AFAIK.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:20 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you sir! ^ I'll try it out.

There is a lot of content in the UK I wish I had access too..... Hopefully this will work!
Old 04-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have to say...if I hear Varsha say "Olé" one more time when speaking about Perez, I think a letter bomb is in order. Or Hobbes with "Stoner Grove".. Rrrr...

C.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind the Speed guys. My problem with Speed is they cut away to TV commercials (they missed the Hamilton pass on Button because of the commercial) and they don't have much of a post race show (just wait until the European races which will conflict with Speed's 4 hour NASCAR pre-race shows). Of course their post race show is better than my local TSN feed that cuts away from the race as soon as it is over. There is however a problem with the BBC post race show ... LOL ... as McLaren, Hamilton and Button are treated like Gods by the BBC. It wasn't this 2011 Chinese GP, but I was watching the BBC's post race show of 2010 British GP (the race where RBR gave Vettel the upgraded wing that pissed off Webber) and in that show Eddie Jordan is interviewing Christian Horner purposely trying to get under Horner's skin by insinuating that there was a Civil War in RBR's garage while everyone was in perfect harmony next door at McLaren when Horner had to reply "Eddie for crying out loud we just won the British Grand Prix, we you give it a rest". Yup the BBC guys give their fans better coverage, better coverage of "McLaren is the best, they are Gods" bias footage. At least Speed doesn't have a home team to root for. LOL
Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I agree that the BBC favour the home teams, but with a majority (?) of the teams having a British connection that leads to a LOT of access that I don't think others get. But then I've been watching the BBC for the past three years and have not seen (or missed) SPEED's coverage.

Let's not even talk about Motors TV. I'll REALLY miss that, and no iPlayer coverage....
Old 04-19-2011, 11:06 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
I don't mind the Speed guys. My problem with Speed is they cut away to TV commercials (they missed the Hamilton pass on Button because of the commercial) and they don't have much of a post race show (just wait until the European races which will conflict with Speed's 4 hour NASCAR pre-race shows). Of course their post race show is better than my local TSN feed that cuts away from the race as soon as it is over. There is however a problem with the BBC post race show ... LOL ... as McLaren, Hamilton and Button are treated like Gods by the BBC. It wasn't this 2011 Chinese GP, but I was watching the BBC's post race show of 2010 British GP (the race where RBR gave Vettel the upgraded wing that pissed off Webber) and in that show Eddie Jordan is interviewing Christian Horner purposely trying to get under Horner's skin by insinuating that there was a Civil War in RBR's garage while everyone was in perfect harmony next door at McLaren when Horner had to reply "Eddie for crying out loud we just won the British Grand Prix, we you give it a rest". Yup the BBC guys give their fans better coverage, better coverage of "McLaren is the best, they are Gods" bias footage. At least Speed doesn't have a home team to root for. LOL
Yes, there is bias, especially from Martin Brundle, but I can live with that because his analysis as a race car driver is spot on. There are things he hears and things he sees during qualy and race that nobody else catches on so I'll cut him some slack for being pro-McLaren.

Eddie Jordan on the other hand is an equal opportunity offender. He totally doesn't give a **** who is in front of him and speaks his mind regardless. That's why you never see him talk to Ecclestone... For instance at the Canadian GP Qualy last year Hamilton ran out of fuel on the cool down lap in Q3 but got the pole. McLaren were fined $10K for that. So Eddie goes over to Martin Whitmarsh and says to him something of the sort of you just shaved a 0.1 sec off your lap and it only cost you $10K. That's a great bargain don't you think? Whitmarsh was left blabbering some excuses while Jordan grinned like a little boy and pretty much danced on his head...
Old 04-19-2011, 12:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,314 Likes on 1,958 Posts

I miss Eddie Jordan. I've got to look into that BBC feed. That line to Whitmarsh from Jordan is indiciative of a small privateer team owner vs. a momolithic giant of McLaren. I LOVE IT!!!

The SpeedTV guys are bias toward Hamilton and Button which gets to be too much sometimes, but overall Machett and Hobbs are fine. Not a fan of Varsha and when he was out for the Malaysia GP and Lee Diffy (sp?) stepped in, it brought something to the table.

I can imagine the F1 coverage in Italy MJ was speaking about from morning till night is similar to what we get here with NASCAR overload and I'm fairly sure they are bias toward Ferrari in that coverage.
Old 04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
Yes, there is bias, especially from Martin Brundle, but I can live with that because his analysis as a race car driver is spot on.
I watch the BBC coverage for this exact same reason. Martin Brundle knows his ****.

Originally Posted by ilko
Eddie Jordan on the other hand is an equal opportunity offender.
You are right again. Eddie is an equal opportunity offender. Last night I watched the 2010 German Grand Prix (the race where Ferrari orders Massa to yield to Alonso) and Eddie Jordan went bananas after the race.

Quick Reply: F1 TV coverage in North America