Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Chinese Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 01:11 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Is the stream of practice #1 from Speed available in Canada?
I don't think so. Censored by the CRTC?
Old 04-15-2011, 08:34 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Couldn't get the practice stream......sucks!

Anyway, the Bulls are out ahead by 2 secs!!!!!...........yes its only practice but............2 secs!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 01:44 PM
morganabowen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like Webber is starting to bend under the pressure of driving on a team with a young breakout star (SB): I saw this and thought it was interesting enough to post.

Apr.14 (GMM) Mark Webber lost his cool and was reduced to an expletive on Thursday as he faced the world’s press who tried to sum up his start to the 2011 F1 World Championship season.

A reporter in Shanghai dared to suggest that the Red Bull driver is to Sebastian Vettel, the reigning champion and two-time winner from pole in 2011, what Eddie Irvine was to Michael Schumacher all those years ago.

“Absolutely f***ing ludicrous question, mate,” he snarled.

Webber, with his contract running out with Red Bull, had an awful weekend in Australia and a KERS failure a week ago in Malaysia, but he vowed to fight back in China.

“He’s not just beating me, he’s beating everyone,” he insisted when asked about Vettel. “No one will turn up then, might as well stay at home. People always make the natural comparison between you and your teammate, and Seb is driving really, really well and is on top of a lot of things at the moment.

“It could be a lot worse than it is at the moment,” he added. “I am still performing pretty well, I believe, and also we’re learning a lot.”

As for his mental state two races down and 28 points behind, the Australian answered: “I’m fine mate. I think if you were much, much younger then obviously you’d be panicking. But I’ve been around the block.”
Old 04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Webber had a few brain farts in P2 when he lost control and drove off the track thus ensuring he would not post one of the better times. For Mark's sake he better bring a better effort during qualifying later today. But he is correct in saying Vettel is out driving everyone, not just his teammate. It does not seem to matter the topic, the media is constantly trying to stir up crap with virtually everything they touch.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:39 PM
PPo
Drifting

Vettel can't win... I voted for him, and I have *NEVER* been right... sorry to the SV fans.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

I voted Button. Hamilton needs to calm down a bit IMO. McLaren seems to have decent pace and that long front straight without KERS will be a problem for Vettel. I was watching the BBC broadcast earlier and they interviewed the Pirelli chief. He thinks this will be a 2-stop race, with some teams opting for a 3-stopper, similar to Australia. The difference is almost 5 secs per lap between the prime and option tires in Shanghai.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:33 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by morganabowen
Looks like Webber is starting to bend under the pressure of driving on a team with a young breakout star (SB): I saw this and thought it was interesting enough to post.

Apr.14 (GMM) Mark Webber lost his cool and was reduced to an expletive on Thursday as he faced the world’s press who tried to sum up his start to the 2011 F1 World Championship season.

A reporter in Shanghai dared to suggest that the Red Bull driver is to Sebastian Vettel, the reigning champion and two-time winner from pole in 2011, what Eddie Irvine was to Michael Schumacher all those years ago.

“Absolutely f***ing ludicrous question, mate,” he snarled.

Webber, with his contract running out with Red Bull, had an awful weekend in Australia and a KERS failure a week ago in Malaysia, but he vowed to fight back in China.

“He’s not just beating me, he’s beating everyone,” he insisted when asked about Vettel. “No one will turn up then, might as well stay at home. People always make the natural comparison between you and your teammate, and Seb is driving really, really well and is on top of a lot of things at the moment.

“It could be a lot worse than it is at the moment,” he added. “I am still performing pretty well, I believe, and also we’re learning a lot.”

As for his mental state two races down and 28 points behind, the Australian answered: “I’m fine mate. I think if you were much, much younger then obviously you’d be panicking. But I’ve been around the block.”
Meh, he's just an Aussie that speaks his mind. Of course he'd be feeling some pressure, but so would anyone in that position. Perhaps his best years are behind him but don't ever imagine that he believes this. We get very dismissive of people that record a Qualifying lap that is .3 behind the pole setter. "Oh he's over the hill...." Hmm, methinks not.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:50 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,898 Posts

Just for Patrick, I'm picking Webba'.

Vettel is good, but he's due for a let down. 'Ol man Webber is pissed and he's going to let his driving do the talking this weekend. His last race was nice and steady with a solid 4th with no KERS and an extra pit stop.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:34 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Lol, welcome to a small club Pete. Exclusivity is it's selling point. Easy to get motions passed. All those in favour say Ay although with only 2 members we might reach the occasional unresolved decision. I can live with that.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:26 AM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA! Webbo out in Q1. Cracks in the Red Bull armor!
Old 04-16-2011, 03:31 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

what was webber chaos before quali start......18th!!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 05:22 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Can I have my pick again.
Kers not working in his car plus they went out on the harder tyre when most were on the softer one.

Last edited by 333pg333; 04-16-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:42 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Meh, he's just an Aussie that speaks his mind. Of course he'd be feeling some pressure, but so would anyone in that position. Perhaps his best years are behind him but don't ever imagine that he believes this. We get very dismissive of people that record a Qualifying lap that is .3 behind the pole setter. "Oh he's over the hill...." Hmm, methinks not.
+1

Love guys who don't blabble just PC bull****. And it was Absolutely fukcing ludicrous question.

He's not given up, under too much pressure or whatever, Vettel is really riding high with ton of confidence (he's Q3 pole lap was amazing, pushing real hard!) so it won't be easy to anyone catch him but Webber is not going to "crack" for sure.

Too bad they screwed up on quali but that will make race even more interesting.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 AM
JET951
Drifting

Received 98 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Can I have my pick again.
Kers not working in his car plus they went out on the harder tyre when most were on the softer one.
This is why i wait for the race to finnish before i make my prediction on a winner.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:03 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Very entertaining qualifying session! Webber was too confident in the hard tires and lost the gamble. The Renaults were both looking so strong in both Q3 and the first part of Q2 and then Petrov's engine grenaded. Very disappointing because I think they would've been well ahead of the Ferraris and Rosberg had they made it to Q1. And Vettel just obliterated the competition as usual. With KERS working he will be hard to beat. I'm still liking Button's chances though!

Quick Reply: 2011 Chinese Grand Prix