Narain Karthikeyen
0%
Viantonio Liuzzi
0%
Timo Glock
0%
Jerome d' Ambrosio
0%
Takuma Sato (Master of all that is carbon fiber)
3.51%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Malasian Grand Prix

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 09:07 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by va122
+1
+2
Old 04-04-2011, 09:59 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vettel. Barring rain (then all bets are always off), mechanical or someone taking him out because he is head and shoulders above the rest of the field. I hope Schumacher does well but I don`t have high expectations.

I like Hamilton and see him finishing near the top. I, also, forgive him his youthful transgressions because I am jealous. With the wisdom of age comes the reality of what can and cannot be, what is and is not. Hamilton is not there yet. Lucky him.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:01 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 199 Posts

Webber. Haven't written him off yet.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:11 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
You should get some penicillin for that. Or tussin...lots of tussin.
Originally Posted by jenk12m
i say tussin and fast
You guys are going to be begging for some of those commemorative Carbon Fiber Shards when he takes the WDC this year.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:33 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Lol, When Sato wins it is when I will be coaching VR how to drive faster
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,561 Likes on 821 Posts

Hahaha! In the immortal voice of Miss Rosanna Rosannadonna: "It could happen!"
Old 04-05-2011, 10:09 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Going for Button on this one. He's putting some good vibes out to the UK media about how happy is with the team and the rapidly improving car. He seems to be a bit more upbeat about their chances than his team mate at the moment.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:20 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by Pete
It's things like this that make Hamilton hard to like. If he would just STFU and drive and let his results speak for themselves (because they are good), it would be easier to stomach his stupid comments

BTW, this isn't the first time he's compared himself to Senna, he has been doing it since his rookie year... among other things.

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/167907/..._my_senna.html

"If you were to say 'choose a driver' [that I would like to be], I would clearly choose Ayrton. And maybe I would put him as Prost.”

Drama Queen much? You don't like Hamilton anyways, don't act like your overreacting to something he said is just really holding you back from being his number one fan. No one is buying it.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:13 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
"If you were to say 'choose a driver' [that I would like to be], I would clearly choose Ayrton. And maybe I would put him as Prost.”

Drama Queen much? You don't like Hamilton anyways, don't act like your overreacting to something he said is just really holding you back from being his number one fan. No one is buying it.

Dez, no one can stop you from being an idiot, but yourself. Hamilton is a good driver, no doubt and overacheives when he has a car that is not up to par with the fastest on the grid as I've stated many times before. But he puts himself on the same level as Senna and has said this many times since he was a rookie. That's what I have a problem with. It's no different from all the comparisions of players that come into the NBA and say they are the next Michael Jordan. Do something first and then make the comparision to a legend.

Let's also not forget that Hamilton threw Trulli under the bus a couple years ago in Australia, lied to the FIA and was only caught because of the radio transmissions. Although not on the level of Alonsogate(s), it does show something about his character. And don't call someone a "poor man's Mansel", that is a slap in the face to Vettel. Once again he makes a comparision of someone who just started in F1 to a guy who has a long storied career in the sport. Have a little respect for your competitors.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:20 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Pete
Hamilton is a good driver, no doubt and overacheives when he has a car that is not up to par with the fastest on the grid as I've stated many times before. But he puts himself on the same level as Senna and has said this many times since he was a rookie. That's what I have a problem with. It's no different from all the comparisions of players that come into the NBA and say they are the next Michael Jordan. Do something first and then make the comparision to a legend.

Let's also not forget that Hamilton threw Trulli under the bus a couple years ago in Australia, lied to the FIA and was only caught because of the radio transmissions. Although not on the level of Alonsogate(s), it does show something about his character. And don't call someone a "poor man's Mansel", that is a slap in the face to Vettel. Once again he makes a comparision of someone who just started in F1 to a guy who has a long storied career in the sport. Have a little respect for your competitors.
+1
Old 04-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Gus F
Instructor

+1
Old 04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Need one more choice

(0) Who cares
Old 04-05-2011, 01:07 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I think Vettel and RBR will get passed on the main straight at the start. RBR has not run KERS with success yet and I expect them to still have their issues. This will allow the McLarens and Ferrari's to pass them on the long straights in Malaysia (3 long ones), which benefit cars with KERS.
I don't see this race as a clear cut Vettel victory.
Raj
Old 04-05-2011, 01:38 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
I think Vettel and RBR will get passed on the main straight at the start. RBR has not run KERS with success yet and I expect them to still have their issues. This will allow the McLarens and Ferrari's to pass them on the long straights in Malaysia (3 long ones), which benefit cars with KERS.
I don't see this race as a clear cut Vettel victory.
Raj
The cars with KERS showed no speed advantage in Aus. The only time I can recall KERS providing a clear advantage was when Kimi blow by...someone....(a slow driver as I recall) at Spa for the victory. So, KERS may not play a significant roll in the outcome. It would be nice to see the wing and KERS make a difference in overtaking.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Vettel is the hot driver with the best car. No logical reason to go with someone else at this point.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Quick Reply: 2011 Malasian Grand Prix