Sponsored by:

iPad and Traqmate

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 07:30 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
Anyone know anything about running traqstudio on a mac?
Doesn't it work in a virtual machine such as Parallels?
Old 03-09-2013, 07:33 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

For completeness sake I must add that when I downloaded the current configuration of my Solo that those channels sample rate was set to sth like "disabled". However I changed them to 10Hz, uploaded them and redownloaded the config and they stay at 10Hz.

Should take the car for a spin now to see what it does
Old 03-09-2013, 09:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,015 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by ir_fuel
For completeness sake I must add that when I downloaded the current configuration of my Solo that those channels sample rate was set to sth like "disabled". However I changed them to 10Hz, uploaded them and redownloaded the config and they stay at 10Hz.

Should take the car for a spin now to see what it does
You should. My copy of RaceStudio 2 Device Configuration doesn't even LIST the Solo as an available device choice!

I know I could read that early on (November 2011) but my stock hasn't been able to do that for the last four firmware upgrades (which you need for the other improvements). What firmware does it say on the unit when you start it up?

BTW, you should upgrade to RS2 v2.48.00. Even better performance.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 03-09-2013, 09:12 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
Anyone know anything about running traqstudio on a mac?
I use Apple hardware exclusively, have since Intel processors were adopted in 2006. I use Boot Camp, a partition and boot tool that allows Windows to be natively installed and the machine to boot as a PC into Windows. All machines using Lion OS X must use Windows 7 or 8. I prefer Windows 7.

Several of my customers use Parallels without trouble. It's a little bit of a pain to set the ports up to download the information from USB or the SD card, but once it's done, it's done and works great in Coherence (so you don't have to go back and forth between OS X and Windoze 7).

TraqStudio and Traqview do not currently run on OS X. Unfortunately, no data analysis software (Pi, Stack, MoTeC, AiM, Race-Keeper, Video VBOX, Race Technology, RLC or anything else I've seen) works on OS X.

My understanding is that there will be (cross my fingers) an iOS app that will allow viewing of TM data and perhaps video on an iOS device...
Old 03-09-2013, 09:35 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
My understanding is that there will be (cross my fingers) an iOS app that will allow viewing of TM data and perhaps video on an iOS device...
This can't happen soon enough, in my opinion. I would much rather leave my laptop at home.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pontifex4
This can't happen soon enough, in my opinion. I would much rather leave my laptop at home.
I think a lot of people would.

That actually is one of the reasons I sell so many SmartyCams to guys with TF300 and TF700 Asus Transformer Tablets.

They pull the chip from the camera, stick it in and play it, with all the control inputs on the video (if they are connected to the car through the ECU connection).

"Smart" video... Nice.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:30 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

You should. My copy of RaceStudio 2 Device Configuration doesn't even LIST the Solo as an available device choice!

I know I could read that early on (November 2011) but my stock hasn't been able to do that for the last four firmware upgrades (which you need for the other improvements). What firmware does it say on the unit when you start it up?

BTW, you should upgrade to RS2 v2.48.00. Even better performance.
Winter break over here. Last time I used all that stuff was September 2012. I'll update everything before my first run of the new season

I am seriously considering buying a Windows 8 tablet to run all that stuff, because I doubt building an iPad or Mac OS X version of the software is high on AIM's priority list.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:51 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

I am seriously considering buying a Windows 8 tablet to run all that stuff, because I doubt building an iPad or Mac OS X version of the software is high on AIM's priority list.
Thanks for the info.

I'm buying a Sony Vaio Tap 20 next. Everything I use now works on Win 8, anyway.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:27 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 239 Posts

TraqStudio and Traqview do not currently run on OS X.
They don't even run on Windows 8. As a result I am starting the transition from TM to AIM. (It's what prompted my SmartyCam HD order with you)
Old 03-10-2013, 06:41 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Thanks for the info.

I'm buying a Sony Vaio Tap 20 next. Everything I use now works on Win 8, anyway.
20" touch screen?

That looks pretty sweet!

I was thinking about the Microsoft Surface Pro because of its resolution.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:53 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Then again ... just checked it out. That looks WAAY to bulky for me to haul around @ the track.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:16 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Then again ... just checked it out. That looks WAAY to bulky for me to haul around @ the track.
I was thinking of the M$ $urface Pro, but I do a lot with video and I'm always working with someone at the track, so it's not just for my review and study.

7kg isn't too bad to haul back and forth in the paddock and with the Core i7, USB 3.0 and 1TB drive, I'll not have a power, speed or storage problem! <grin>
Old 03-10-2013, 07:19 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jakermc
They don't even run on Windows 8. As a result I am starting the transition from TM to AIM. (It's what prompted my SmartyCam HD order with you)
Actually, TraqView and TraqStudio do run on Win 8 with a driver signing workaround, but the new release will be out shortly and it should be native.

I think a lot of people are headed that way. If only because of the ECU connectivity on the newer cars. I do like the SC very much.

The less steps people have to do through, the quicker and easier they can use the system.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:32 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

I was thinking of the M$ $urface Pro, but I do a lot with video and I'm always working with someone at the track, so it's not just for my review and study.

7kg isn't too bad to haul back and forth in the paddock and with the Core i7, USB 3.0 and 1TB drive, I'll not have a power, speed or storage problem! <grin>
It's just easier with a smaller device if you want to do something in the car (e.g. read out an XML dash, or zero the sensors).
Old 03-10-2013, 09:59 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

It's just easier with a smaller device if you want to do something in the car (e.g. read out an MXL dash or zero the sensors).
That's what I use the MacBook Air on Boot Camp for!

Actually, I no longer take a computer to the car for pulling data if they have a Solo DL, EVO3 or EVO4, MXL and a SmartyCam.

All the logger data is sent to the card on the camera.

Pull the card, load it onto the laptop, easy.

Quick Reply: iPad and Traqmate