Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Widebody Build - Good bye podium... hellow GT4S

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 09:36 AM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

In truth, you're probably right... our cars are aero pigs. Bob T will likely chime in as he's done a lot of work cleaning up the aero on his car.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasser
I did that very bumper mod you show to mine and it looks great. I like how you can see all the pipes under my car now. I also cut out the license plate area and put some nice SS screen there. Ill try to post up a pic off my phone later.
Originally Posted by Gasser
Are the vents behind the rear tires worth doing? Im in the process of cutting up my rear bumper as we speak and was considering it. Do I wan't as much venting back there as I can???
I really wasent sure if I wanted to maintain some high pressure back there to form a high pressure cushion for the air flowing under the car to flow over or vent the pressure off. I wasent sure what would cause the most/ least turbulance. Or does it all really not matter since these cars are not that aerodynamic in the first place and the vents are just for "looks".

any thoughts???
Below is a pic of mine, sounds a bit similar to yours...

Regarding cutting behind the wheels, I think it would not be only for cooling, or even more importantly for relieving the pressure inside the wheel well area.
I've been thinking about it but it would be so beneficial to have some time in wind tunnel when doing things like this.
Already with the holes I have in my rear bumper, back of the car get dirty very quickly so it makes me wonder whether this kind of thing is aerodynamically beneficial or actually add drag because of turbulence?

Originally Posted by ninjabones
Wheels are CCW, 10 x 18 fronts and 11.5. x 18 rears. Running 275/35/18 and 315/30/18 R6s...
You remember the ETs? Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 05-31-2011, 02:07 PM
jcs_911
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Where/how did you route the air from the front bumper inlets to the front brakes? What size hose are you using?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:12 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jcs_911
Where/how did you route the air from the front bumper inlets to the front brakes? What size hose are you using?
Depends on what bumper you are using but here's a brake duct DIY I wrote long ago for stock 993 bumper.

FYI, If I had to do it again, I'd remove the bumper.

Quick Reply: 993 Widebody Build - Good bye podium... hellow GT4S