Introducing Ourselves

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 AM
CXC Simulations
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introducing Ourselves

Hi Guys,

I thought I'd drop in and introduce myself and our company.

I'm Chris Considine. I'm a former racer and owner of CXC Simulations. We manufacture the Motion Pro II racing simulator, about which AutoWeek said, “might just be the best racing simulator in the world.”

I'd be happy to answer any questions you guys might have about our products or just simulation in general. While I'd love it if you bought one of our simulators, I can also help answer questions about any type of simulation products. Collectively, we have many years of experience in our field, so we're happy to help!

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys (and maybe racing online with you)!
Attached Images     
Old 02-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 660 Likes on 355 Posts

I recently purchased the XBox track product (Forza). I noticed that the steering imput with that game is nowhere near reality in that it is much more sensitive than real life and hard to keep the car out of a wall (I think you have to be 10 yrs old to safely drive the Forza track-LOL). I presume that your simulator is much better in that respect given that it is obviously a much more advanced product? How much does that simulator above cost? How do you go about getting a "test drive"?
Old 02-26-2011, 09:37 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 797 Likes on 404 Posts

I just visited to website to se pricing and they are 32-45k
Old 02-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I recently purchased the XBox track product (Forza). I noticed that the steering imput with that game is nowhere near reality in that it is much more sensitive than real life and hard to keep the car out of a wall (I think you have to be 10 yrs old to safely drive the Forza track-LOL). I presume that your simulator is much better in that respect given that it is obviously a much more advanced product? How much does that simulator above cost? How do you go about getting a "test drive"?
1. XBOX and PS3 are fun and real pretty, but simulators they are not
2. What steering wheel and pedal combo do you use? - this makes all the difference
3. The only sim I know of that has the accuracy to have a right to sit on a $$$K simulator is iRacing unless the simulator hardware people make their own. If so, what tracks and cars would be my 1st question as running an F1 at Spa won't do much for a 997 Cup car driver that runs at WGI and Sebring..

Just my $.02

And Welcome Chris, looks like a very well made product!

Last edited by Gary R.; 02-26-2011 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you do anything with iRacing?
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 PM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Too rich for my blood.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
He does. I've been in some hosted races with Chris and when he's talking you can hear the simulator working as well. Chris in my limited experience is a good guy and loves talking about the subject.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
CXC Simulations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Originally Posted by Gary R.
1. XBOX and PS3 are fun and real pretty, but simulators they are not
2. What steering wheel and pedal combo do you use? - this makes all the difference
3. The only sim I know of that has the accuracy to have a right to sit on a $$$K simulator is iRacing unless the simulator hardware people make their own. If so, what tracks and cars would be my 1st question as running an F1 at Spa won't do much for a 997 Cup car driver that runs at WGI and Sebring..

Just my $.02

And Welcome Chris, looks like a very well made product!
Thanks Gary! You hit it right on the nail.

A nice wheel will certainly help a little, but the root of the issue is that console games (Xbox and Playstation) are not simulators. They are frequently marketed as such, but they are not. Remember that the physics models are designed to be easily driven by anyone with a hand controller. This makes for very basic physics engines with very pretty graphics.

There is of course nothing wrong with a good video game; I personally love Forza, but they are just that; A video game.

Cost is highly variable. Much like a car, you start with a turn-key base model simulator and add the options that you would want. The easiest way to estimate cost would be to use the Configuration System on our website.

As for test drives, all are welcome! Seriously, even if you know you will never buy one, come visit us and say hi! We love to meet fellow race geeks and would be happy to give you the full tour and test-drive. Give us a call anytime to schedule a proper test drive.

Gary, there are actually a few more viable training options out there for software like rFactor and NetKar Pro. Most people snear at rFactor these days because it is so old now, but it can be tuned to work quite well with some well placed mods. I know a lot of race car drivers who use it exclusively to train.

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
Sure do. iRacing is one of the many pre-loaded simulation software packages on the Motion Pro II Simulator.

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
He does. I've been in some hosted races with Chris and when he's talking you can hear the simulator working as well. Chris in my limited experience is a good guy and loves talking about the subject.
Thanks Joe! There is some pretty good racing in that Rennlist League!

Were you there this week when I rolled it? Man that actually hurt a little I was playing with some extra aggressive motion control profiles and I hadn't quite tested that scenario yet!! At least the car wasn't too bad off and I was able to finish the race. That MX5 is a tank!

Last edited by CXC Simulations; 02-26-2011 at 07:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CXC Simulations

Thanks Joe! There is some pretty good racing in that Rennlist League!

Were you there this week when I rolled it? Man that actually hurt a little I was playing with some extra aggressive motion control profiles and I hadn't quite tested that scenario yet!! At least the car wasn't too bad off and I was able to finish the race. That MX5 is a tank!
I've been out of it for a while. The main computer died and I haven't rebuilt it so if I show up I have real low FPS right now, even with the settings all turned down.

I'll get back out one of these days.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CXC Simulations
Gary, there are actually a few more viable training options out there for software like rFactor and NetKar Pro. Most people snear at rFactor these days because it is so old now, but it can be tuned to work quite well with some well placed mods. I know a lot of race car drivers who s it exclusively to train.
I would have added rFactor as with Real-Feel and the Porsche Cup mods it's very good, my only beef with rFactor (and most others besides iRacing) is the accuracy of the tracks. With rFactor 2 on the horizon I have my hopes up, as I do for iRacing to negotiate with Porsche for a license.

Hey, if you need an East Coast rep/installer give me a call!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:32 PM
CXC Simulations
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I would have added rFactor as with Real-Feel and the Porsche Cup mods it's very good, my only beef with rFactor (and most others besides iRacing) is the accuracy of the tracks. With rFactor 2 on the horizon I have my hopes up, as I do for iRacing to negotiate with Porsche for a license.

Hey, if you need an East Coast rep/installer give me a call!
I'll keep you offer in mind

Yeah, a lot of the tracks in rFactor are not up to par with iRacing. Some are quite good though. rFactor 2 should be pretty good.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:05 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
I just visited to website to se pricing and they are 32-45k
Looks cool but I made a simulated simulator for 1/2 that. The G forces and inputs feel real too
Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kurt M
Looks cool but I made a simulated simulator for 1/2 that. The G forces and inputs feel real too
Is it the white one in your avatar?

Quick Reply: Introducing Ourselves