Sponsored by:

Daytona 500 racing in pairs - wtf?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:21 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Maybe Mark Kibort can come and explain it for us.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
With a chart too!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:27 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by utkinpol
i`ve been to 4 formula 1 races, 2 of them here in indianapolis, 2 in Europe, never been to nascar races and most likely will never be as i cannot handle to watch this 200 lap non-sense live. i watched it recorded in fast forward.
Don't be so closed minded...you could NOT do what the NASCAR guys are doing....plus if you've never been in person how can you comment like this?

I too perfer a road course race buyt I like all racing...circle track, drag strip and road/street course.

In my opinion I get bored with F1 at times...seems like if you get pole position for F1 you win the race. How many F1 races were won from pole in the last oh....few years.....?....many many of them. How many NASCAR or Rolex or ALMS races are won from pole?....hardly any!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Don't be so closed minded...you could NOT do what the NASCAR guys are doing....plus if you've never been in person how can you comment like this?

I too perfer a road course race buyt I like all racing...circle track, drag strip and road/street course.

In my opinion I get bored with F1 at times...seems like if you get pole position for F1 you win the race. How many F1 races were won from pole in the last oh....few years.....?....many many of them. How many NASCAR or Rolex or ALMS races are won from pole?....hardly any!
I agree completely Mike. And two of the most entertaining road races I watched last year were NASCAR (Sprint & Nationwide). Boris Said's victory last year was my favorite.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:12 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SeanR
I sat here, for a full two minutes, re-reading that post of his, and I still got nothing but a bunch of WTF?
Dood you need speed reading skilz. I was there in 15 seconds. ;-)
Old 02-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 79 Posts

Dude, You gotta be kidding, right? On rennlist? Open minds? Surely you jest...

It was the absolute best Nascar race I've ever seen, in person or on TV.

Mike

Old 02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by Mikelly
Dude, You gotta be kidding, right? On rennlist? Open minds? Surely you jest...

It was the absolute best Nascar race I've ever seen, in person or on TV.

Mike
tongue in cheek...I was messin with my friend Utkinpol.

I' am very different than most on Rennlist....I watch and love NASCAR. I like all racing....I watch everything from NASCAR to F1 to FIA German Touring cars and even some NHRA. I can go to my local short track or drag strip and have a blast or to the Indy race in St.Petersburg FL and the PCA 48hrs race...they are all a blast and I enjoy them all and understand the different talents for each style.

I do not listen to 1 type of music....why should I like one type of racing?
Old 02-21-2011, 11:05 PM
jsh
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i`ve been to 4 formula 1 races, 2 of them here in indianapolis, 2 in Europe, never been to nascar races and most likely will never be as i cannot handle to watch this 200 lap non-sense live. i watched it recorded in fast forward.
Yeah, and last time I checked these NASCAR guys do pretty well when they show up at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and such...
Old 02-21-2011, 11:08 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

I watch and love NASCAR. I like all racing....I watch everything from NASCAR to F1 to FIA German Touring cars and even some NHRA. I can go to my local short track or drag strip and have a blast or to the Indy race in St.Petersburg FL and the PCA 48hrs race...they are all a blast and I enjoy them all and understand the different talents for each style.

+1 to you & jsh.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-21-2011, 11:30 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

yup
Old 02-21-2011, 11:42 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jsh
Yeah, and last time I checked these NASCAR guys do pretty well when they show up at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona and such...
No doubt about it. These guys are all REALLY good. It's the way NASCAR runs their races that I've had enough of. And both road races are fantasic. Driving that pig of a car around a road course really shows how good these guys are. Less Pocono, more Glen and Sonoma.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:46 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 501 Likes on 267 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Dood you need speed reading skilz. I was there in 15 seconds. ;-)
Howyadoin Mike,

It's Monday and I was giving the poster a bit more benefit than I should have.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:17 AM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been to multiple F1 races and always went for 3 full days. I enjoyed all the warm up races as much as main events. I went to one NASCAR race. It was a few years ago at PIR. A friend had an RV space completed with banquet spread caterd by a friend with catering company. We got there early and had nice pre-race party. Went to our seats high in grandstands. Nice seats in fact. However we left mid race. Both me and wife were bored out of our minds. Friends were fun, but with all the noise we could not talk to anyone and once I got past the novelty of that being the same track I race on (albiet in road course configuration) and the people watching, it got very boring and we left to beat the traffic. The best part was hanging out with our friends and looking at the interesting people. I am glad we went, but have not desire to see the actual race again.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

At least in NASCAR there is passing...lots of passing.
Agreed. You can't criticise teh technology in F1, and obviously the driver skill level is unparalleled. That doesn't make it great racing.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:19 AM
BrianKeithSmith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
No doubt about it. These guys are all REALLY good. It's the way NASCAR runs their races that I've had enough of. And both road races are fantasic. Driving that pig of a car around a road course really shows how good these guys are. Less Pocono, more Glen and Sonoma.
+1 - except I do like Pocono... I just wish they'd change the gear rule for that track so that they could go back to shifting during the lap. Now they just have to wind it out.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
thread needed some activity, I knew you will like it.

Quick Reply: Daytona 500 racing in pairs - wtf?