Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Initial Moton settings?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 05:12 PM
bavarian06
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, excellent thread guys. Is there anything that resembles customer service for US customers? I tried Moton's website but its seems to be under construction. I tried the phone number for Lex but its been disconnected.

I looking to find the range values to fill for my Moton Double Suspension (not CS) canisters. Or its the same for Club Sport?
Old 07-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Rceron
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just saw the revival of this thread. How come no one ever asked the OP what tire he plans on running? Doesn't that make a huge difference? At least I thought this was the case.....
Old 07-27-2011, 09:29 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bavarian06
First off, excellent thread guys. Is there anything that resembles customer service for US customers? I tried Moton's website but its seems to be under construction. I tried the phone number for Lex but its been disconnected.

I looking to find the range values to fill for my Moton Double Suspension (not CS) canisters. Or its the same for Club Sport?

Lex is no longer with Moton, or should I say AST since they bought the rights,name, etc, to "Moton".

But I spoke to Lex and he said "he would be more than happy to help you with the set-up, that is what he is here for". Talk about great customer service after the sale ! - Lex is THE MAN !

He can be reached via email at lexcarson@bellsouth.net

Let us know how it goes for you !
Viking
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rceron
Just saw the revival of this thread. How come no one ever asked the OP what tire he plans on running? Doesn't that make a huge difference? At least I thought this was the case.....
While the tires do make a difference, as well as car, experience level, track, etc , etc, he had given enough info for some basic setup starting points which is what everyone was offering him.
I still recommend starting at the lowest level to learn and feel the differences in the adjustments. It's my way, but certainly not the only way.

FYI - Canisters pressures were stated from being 150-185. Those 2 numbers could be the same depending on whether you check it with the car raised of lowered (tires off the ground). Either way is ok, just be sure you always do it the same way. Me personally, I prefer off the ground. Optimum pressure desired will vary depending on your driving, car weight, spring rates, track condition, etc etc.
And people wonder why many on hear preach hiring a pro like myself, VR, Larry Herman, Peter Krause, Seth, and others to help you with this !
Old 07-28-2011, 08:08 AM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Larry and I worked with several drivers prior to the last club race and all of them were in podium positions except one who spun at the very end of his race. It seems racers see gaining a second a lap as paramount. Their cars are usually developed to the extent of the rules already and the rest comes down to setup and driving. Hire a pro to drive your car and work with you for one weekend and you will never regret it.

Quick Reply: Initial Moton settings?