Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody else had issues with Brad Roberts Automotive Group? also in Boxster Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands
Sounds like a well intentioned person with a bad case of A.D.D.

Until he stole someone's car! Then he became a guy who cannot be 100% trusted.....

Last edited by PedroNole; 02-19-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:46 AM
jittsl
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pleased to say that Brad has been in contact and I am hopeful that all will be resolved soon.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,535 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Until he stole someone's car. Then he became a guy who cannot be 100% trusted.....

Seriously..

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 01-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Clay Perrine
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes.. seriously.

Brad is a long time scam artist. I have known him since 1991. When I met him he didn't even know how to adjust valves on a 914/4. During his time here in Texas, I have watched him try to rip me off personally. He also served time in Texas for auto theft by forging a title, and for assault on a police officer. He left Texas after he alienated the 914 community here with his scams and ripoffs, and moved to California.

In California, did things like use other people's money to try to buy into SSI, claimed he was part owner of High Performance House, and other scams and ripoffs. He was on the old Rennlist when it was text based, and he pissed off Mr Dunkle to the point that he was kicked out. So he started up his own board, called 914club.com.

I joined the 914Club board because that is where all the people went from Rennlist. Eventually someone suggested I be added to the admin staff there, and Brad couldn't object to it without looking bad. Once inside, I got to see a lot of stuff, Including the misguided loyalty of the members there. He was busted for stealing 914114, a 914 prototype owned by Sam Charters. He ended up pleading no contest, and was put on probation for years.

Brad was only interested in what was good for Brad. He would pop in to 914 club and claim the place was his, then disappear for months. We would go on running the place, and he would pop back in when his latest get rich quick scheme would fail. After one absence, he showed up and stated that he was going to start up e-commerece on 914club, and make the whole site subscription based. It was starting implementation, and people were signing up for subscriptions based on the statement that the money would be used for events, insurance and improvements. Well, that was not true. The money was used for Brad's alimony and bills. The other admins shut the site down, and at that time the 914Club name was registered to him. So he took it and restarted the site on another server. The original server and admins renamed the site 914World.com, and it is still going strong. After the membership found out about Brad ripping them off, they didn't want anything to do with him.

He tried to run 914club for years as an e-commerece site, with paid membership. About a year ago, he realized it was a ghost town, and he offered it for sale. George Hussy of Automobile Atlanta bought it. Brad disappeared from the 914 community and started BRAG.

BRAG was about ripping off the Spec Boxster community. It is closed now, and Brad is no where to be found. If he owes anyone parts or money, good luck on collectiong
Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 197 Posts

Windward reincarnated
Old 01-22-2012, 01:51 PM
TFBoxster
Instructor

Brad has owed me approx $1500 for almost 2 years now.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:32 PM
drbooba1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brad rents a space in a Body Shop near the Fullerton Airport in Ca.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:11 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I had one experience with him years ago when I was running my 914 in SCCA F prod.

Sent him an original set of RSR struts for re-valving along with a deposit to do the work.

Several months later I got a box back with the struts totally ruined and in pieces.... and of course no re-fund of my money.

Obviously he had no clue what to do or if he did, he didn't give a rats petute about doing the job as promised.

If he came to the east coast and I ran into him I'd probably end up in jail.

Tom B.

Last edited by tomburdge; 01-22-2012 at 07:12 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 02-06-2012, 02:27 AM
KnowSomeStuff
Rennlist Member

Until he stole someone's car! Then he became a guy who cannot be 100% trusted.....
I didn't steal the car. Ask the Police who investigated the case. Feel free to call them and ask for a copy of the investigation. You will see that the NEIGHBORS picked out a person taller than me in a line up (driving a truck titled and licensed to him) I lived 10 hours away from the area the car was removed from (and still do not know where the car was actually removed from) The person picked out of the lineup hired a flat bed tow truck to pull it out of a field (I learned this during the court proceedings) It is VERY easy to figure out *who* that was. I choose not throw people under the bus in public.

Now, was I convicted? yes. Do you know why? I took a plea deal. I could not afford to take it to trial. When you cannot afford to take something to trial, you plea out and take the 5 years of probation. I could have easily been off probation THE DAY of the proceedings if I had chosen to pay the restitution THAT DAY. I chose not to pay a lump sum. The person who claimed to own the car cannot do anything with $150 a month, but he could have done something with the lump sum. With probation, I checked in a total of 2 times. It wasn't a violent crime, it had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol so they could care a less. They told me: "The day you finish paying the restitution you will be off probation" Probation did not slow me down one bit.

I have a Felony on my record because of a hand written sales receipt for $75. No VIN on the receipt, No title in anyone's name. The guy had no idea what he had until "WE" told him what he had online (on the club site)
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 AM
KnowSomeStuff
Rennlist Member

Shut up Clay.. LOL

Make sure to scan and post that court document showing the judgement I won against you. You know? the case where you owed me money for a LOT of 914 parts you needed to repair your wife's car? You know? The one you burnt to the ground trying to regulate the factory injection pump down to 3.5psi for a single carb you threw on it?

In 1991 when we met, I was 20 years old. I knew how to adjust valves. I asked you if you had any speed secrets.

He also served time in Texas for auto theft by forging a title,
I'd like you to prove this..lol I don't even know what you are talking about..

and for assault on a police officer
Age 22. I was in a fight outside of bar, the cop walked me around the corner of the building and unsnapped his gun holster and yelled out "this a__hole just tried to take my gun" Had to plea out of that one also.. no money to go to trial.

Clay? I was the cop's first arrest straight out of the academy. By the time my court proceedings came around he had already been kicked out of the Arlington Police Department for falsifying Police reports

He left Texas after he alienated the 914 community here with his scams and ripoffs, and moved to California.
I left Texas for a job offer in Silicon Valley to help start a IT consulting company, again, you have NO idea what you are talking about.

In California, did things like use other people's money to try to buy into SSI,
Where in the hell do you get this stuff?? LOL I had two investors, would you like to chat with one of them? 650-328-8169 Ask for Scott Yeaman. The other investor was a Porsche friend from Texas who had moved back to NorCal in 1996 (the same guy who called me and said "I think this internet thing is going to take off, move up here and lets start a company") You can call him also if you'd like. Mike Jennings

claimed he was part owner of High Performance House,
Please explain where this is coming from?? It cracks me up. Rich Bontempi offered me a job after the SSI deal fell through (1.1million dollar deal)

He was on the old Rennlist when it was text based, and he pissed off Mr Dunkle to the point that he was kicked out.
Shut up Clay.. lol

I left. Do you know why I left? I was at SSI and I offered to repair GHL and B+B 914 exhaust systems from them that had cracked (for free) John called me and said "hey, they are sponsors of the board". I left. Clay? What was the number one question on Rennlist (in the 914 area) back when I lef? Do you recall? I'm sure you don't, you cant seam to recall anything correctly lol The number one question for a long time was "where's Brad" and the answer was "Pelican Parts" Clay this is all VERY easy to prove with dates/times. Care to take this further?

So he started up his own board, called 914club.com
I started 914club.com shortly after figuring out Pelican's forum software was FREE. I was tired of being told I couldn't promote other companies that sell parts (I was not promoting myself) I promote (and still promote) shops that kickass or people who do good work.
I joined the 914Club board because that is where all the people went from Rennlist.
Why did they leave Rennlist Clay?? lol

Eventually someone suggested I be added to the admin staff there,
Lawrence Bonkoski

and Brad couldn't object to it without looking bad
This is laughable.. lol LB asked me and I said yes. Unlike some people, I'm more than capable of forgiving people for mistakes they may have made in the past... (your mistake of taking parts from me) I believed I was showing good will by adding you to the admin staff. Unlike you towards me, I valued your Porsche knowledge.

Looking bad? I could care less. This has never been a popularity contest.

Once inside, I got to see a lot of stuff, Including the misguided loyalty of the members there
Misguided? We built the largest online community of 914 people the USA had ever seen, and done it in a very short period of time. Misguided? How many fund raisers did we hold for people down on their luck? You should know. They held one for me to help pay for the lawyer!!

Shut up Clay.. lol

He was busted for stealing 914114, a 914 prototype owned by Sam Charters. He ended up pleading no contest, and was put on probation for years.
See post above this one

Brad was only interested in what was good for Brad
I answered 40k plus technical questions and still HELP people for free. Yes. In it for what was good for Brad.. LOL

Shut up Clay..

He would pop in to 914 club and claim the place was his,
It was mine Clay. The admins were all hand picked to help run the show. It's called management. Put people in place to run the place when you are away trying to HELP another business get back in the black. Please explain to everyone watching this thread, how admin come and go and take time off when needed. How was I any different? I had been involved for 5 years STRAIGHT. FIVE YEARS of answering tech questions EVERY DAY!!
and he would pop back in when his latest get rich quick scheme would fail
LOL I was busy cleaning up another business (I was hired to do this by the investors)

After one absence, he showed up and stated that he was going to start up e-commerece on 914club, and make the whole site subscription based. It was starting implementation, and people were signing up for subscriptions based on the statement that the money would be used for events, insurance and improvements. Well, that was not true. The money was used for Brad's alimony and bills
Ok. You are an idiot now.. lol Please Call Lyressa and ask her about the alimony money.. LOL Again, you have NO idea what you are talking about. Why would I owe her alimony? We had no kids, and no bills when we divorced. The idea behind the e-comm was to sell 914 parts to people made by 914 people!! You know? Like the banner ads World said they would never run? LOL

The other admins shut the site down
Tell the TRUTH Clay.. They locked me out of the site. ONE person turned off my login for MY site.

After the membership found out about Brad ripping them off, they didn't want anything to do with him.
Let's see, the same people who locked me out of MY site, were the same one telling the *people* what I was doing to them? I'm sure it was impartial.. lol

He tried to run 914club for years as an e-commerece site, with paid membership. About a year ago, he realized it was a ghost town, and he offered it for sale.
E-comm site? Andy owned the E-comm software, I NEVER ran it on Club. Ghost town? We were number 1 in Google rankings, and gained 99% of all new signups.
George Hussy of Automobile Atlanta bought it.
Must have been some value? or why would he buy it? Ghost town.. LOL
Brad disappeared from the 914 community and started BRAG
I stopped posting online.. still attended events, STILL work on 914's.. (5 in the shop RIGHT NOW, along with 4 Boxster's, CaymanS, GT3 and 996TT)

What are you doing Clay? Still living in daddy's duplex? being laid off from Microsoft must have been painful back several years ago.. I stuck it out and keep wrenching.

BRAG was about ripping off the Spec Boxster community
We played a serious role in growing the Spec Boxster class, and still support racers NATIONWIDE. What have you done Clay? Besides talk sh_t about subjects you have NO business speaking about?

Shut up Clay...

It is closed now, and Brad is no where to be found. If he owes anyone parts or money, good luck on collectiong
LOL.. We have sold 17k in parts from Jan.2nd to Jan.31st. I'm changing the ecomm software. Is that OK? If you go to the URL you can clearly see a NEW e-comm software in place. If you'd like, I'll repoint the DNS so you can see the original site?

No where to be found.. LOL (Shut up Clay) EVERY DAY I "check in" on Facebook. About 200 people saw me at ChuckWalla during the NASA weekend out there.. No where to be found..

Brad rents a space in a Body Shop near the Fullerton Airport in Ca.
3811 Artesia Ave. Suite B Fullerton CA. 92833 (it's NEXT DOOR to a body shop)

Feel free to stop in and see me.. and see the Porsche's

Clay, no matter how hard you try, no matter how much sh_t you spew, you will never ever effect my business (and neither will any of these post's) I deal with about 30 different shop owners nationwide helping them with late model Porsche's, none of them really care what is posted online about anything..

If I were you (Clay) I'd be careful what you post. All it takes is ONE person to decide not to hire me for a race, or to buy parts from me and you will quickly be in court sued for slander. Look it up. Learn it.

Brad
Old 02-06-2012, 03:35 AM
KnowSomeStuff
Rennlist Member

I had one experience with him years ago when I was running my 914 in SCCA F prod.

Sent him an original set of RSR struts for re-valving along with a deposit to do the work.

Several months later I got a box back with the struts totally ruined and in pieces.... and of course no re-fund of my money.

Obviously he had no clue what to do or if he did, he didn't give a rats petute about doing the job as promised.

If he came to the east coast and I ran into him I'd probably end up in jail.

Tom B.
Tom?

Really? I never touched them. I shipped them to Chris Foley? What Chris Foley did with them, I'll never know. I also don't know about ANY deposit. I have ALL of my emails from brad@914club.com (I ran the email server) and not one time do I see a request for a refund? What gives?

FYI:

Call Dave Evan's (the original owner of the car in your avatar) and ask him *who* helped him sell it when he was about to lose his house..

I'm disappointed Tom. I considered you one of the good guy's...

If he came to the east coast and I ran into him I'd probably end up in jail
Tom,

In the last 2 years I have been on the east coast MULTIPLE times! Watkins Glenn, Summit Point, VIR, Daytona, Sebring, Homestead, hired by people to support their race cars.. sorry I missed you. All 6'2 220lbs of me must of missed you. I'm pretty easy to spot, I'm the one wearing the BRAG shirts..
Old 02-06-2012, 03:57 AM
KnowSomeStuff
Rennlist Member

I want to thank some influential people in my life for supporting me and sticking up for me:

Colin Mazzola (hope the clutch parts I shipped worked out for you)
Charlie Boyer (thanks for being the fastest BoxsterSpec driver on the east coast)
Paul Alexandre (thanks for backing me up and getting faster in a well prepared car)
Hunt (I'll always take your calls and help however I can)
Scott Bresnahan (for providing the hotel room at Watkins Glen..LOL) Hope the 996 is going well
Laurie (Laurence Jitts) (for helping me to see some glaring faults in myself) I hired help.. lol

I've worked on Porsche's for 26 years now. 13 of those years we have had the web, I chose to try and help online as a way to get my knowledge out there. 99% of the time, it is worth it. The 1% is post's like this one...
Old 02-06-2012, 09:58 AM
jittsl
Racer

Brad,

Firstly, I am not at all sure that restarting this discussion was a smart move. Funnily, I was at TWS this weekend talking with several Specbox drivers and you came up in in conversation. In the end we all came to the same conclusion - probably a smart knowledgable guy but absolutely the worst Bussinessman in history. The same stories of unacceptable delays, hopeless communication and disappearing acts were repeated and the general feeling was that none of us would ever deal with you again. Now, to be fair, amongst the group I was talking with, most of these experiences date back a year or two so it is conceivable that you took some of my advice and now run a lot more effectively - we will all have to rely on current customer's testimony to establish that.

Which leads me to - is it really a smart idea to list me amongst those who support and stick up for you? Brad, I wish no ill on anyone and I truely hope that everything is well for you and that you learn how to prosper, but in no way (based on my personal experience) should I be considered a supporter. You have obviously forgotten that you still owe me.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:25 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I can't believe no one has broken out the
Old 02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow....This is some thread. What a story.

Quick Reply: Anybody else had issues with Brad Roberts Automotive Group? also in Boxster Forum