Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring......Who is going to be man enough.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 12:01 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
I have some good video from stary of 2nd red sprint but only about 10 minutes worth as my video card ran out of memory. Also having trouble editing out the pace lap. Not that experienced with video editing, etc.

Its a big file to transmit (500M) but if someone wants to tell me how to send to them and they can post I will send.
Any of the first one?
Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Sorry Peter I don't. It would have been a good one to watch as Billy, you, me all finished within about 1/2 a second if I recall.

Even though I made too many mental errors it was still a fun race!
Old 02-08-2011, 08:57 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 701 Likes on 348 Posts

Juan,
Got a good picture of you going into the hairpin.
We stayed at the Chateau, and had a great view of the track.
Attached Images  

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 02-08-2011, 09:05 AM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Link to video. Sorry for quality and too large of inset camera image. Will get it right next time.

Video failed after 10 mins or so.

http://vimeo.com/19698431

Last edited by RSRRacer; 02-08-2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 701 Likes on 348 Posts

Chris,
Pic of you and John Crosby, and a decent one of Gary Pennington.
Attached Images   
Old 02-08-2011, 09:10 AM
racing916
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Juan,

I watched your first sprint race on club registrations live feed. I could not believe how fast your car was especially being in GT6. You were flying out there and the car looks great. It's nice seeing vintage cars run as fast if not faster than the more modern stuff. I have a vintage 914 6 and I can agree with your video link that they are a lot of work to drive fast but rewarding when you get it right.

Thanks for posting the video, and congrats!
Steve
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Bob, thanks for the photo!

Steve, thanks much! Driving a 914-6 you know exactly how it is. Driving them fast is a lot of "fun work" and its very rewarding when you get it right.

Is there a way to get a copy of what was fed on the live feed?
Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 AM
killbugsfast
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a weekend ! Great cars , great company , and the weather held up . For a Porsche nut , seeing all these models there and being able to enjoy them while parked and when at speed , was an awesome experience . Still , it was like a candy store to a diabetic : you can look but not touch
Wonder why PCA does not have Index of Performance Award as in HSR ? Maybe something to think about .
Old 02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
friscocayman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by consolidated
I drove thru the resulting wall of dust, about the most terrifying moment I've ever had on track not knowing what was ahead or who behind would slam me if I broke going into it.

Here's the car that hit the tire wall at the bridge at T5 from the incident. Our team worked on Tom's car thru the evening, it did make the enduro, but it didn't drive right, no surprise.

I lost count of the damaged cars. They just kept coming even thru the enduros. Big carnage all weekend long, I know some even 13'd out for the season.

Hope to be back next year, it was a blast racing against, or behind, the fast guys from other regions.
I was unfortunately the odd man out because of this incident. I'll post the video later this week after I've had a chance to trim it down to the incident itself. Going four wheels off during the first lap and trying to come back on in a packed field doesn't work. Racing incident, perhaps. Unnecessary, definitely. We're racing for fun, not $. It’s going to take some effort to get my car whole again.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:22 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey Juan,

Just got to say HI to you, sorry I didn't do much socializing, lots of car work.

That rear wing seems to be mounted to your hood grille, where's it actually mounted to? I was thinking of something like that for my '73 for unlimited rules events (Rally).

Sorry to hear about the carnage at the event, there were way too many crashes. I will post one tomorrow where I nearly got taken out, thank God I have HUGE Grand-Am brakes and no ^%$^%$ ABS.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike,

I saw you driving around on a really cool yellow vette (and you know I like yellow cars). I saw you had Florida plates; have you moved down here?

The wing mounts go through the grill into a cross brace mount on the engine compartment. You should talk to Brady to get him to tell you all about it. The wing is the carbon element from a 993 RSR wing.

We need to sit down to "shoot the breeze" next time over. Juan
Old 02-08-2011, 04:24 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by darrendeguire
Glad you guys were on your game in the hairpin. Could have been ugly. Not sure what happened but it took me 3 tries to get her to go into 4th.

17 was fun! I hope someone has some video of that! Glad we all made it through there in one piece.

I was certainly glad to be out there with really talented racers. Great time.

I had a similar problem on the first lap of the Enduro: after a great start I couldn't get it into third coming out of turn 11 and just about all the cars I passed on the start (six or more) got by me. It never happened again so I chalk it up to a cold gear box but will have it checked our before the next race. Still managed my best class finish (2nd) without a co-driver, so I am happy guy, but I did get help from some key DNFs. Never did a 90 minute race alone so I had a co-driver signed up in case I got tired but with all the yellow laps I passed on the driver change.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

Juan,

Thanks for the info, will talk to Brady if I want to add a wing to the old car.

This winter is making me want to move to FL but that was my rental Vette, got a CHEAP upgrade at Hertz. It was REALLY comfortable and fun with the top down. Lots of power too... quite a rocket ship!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 PM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike, we got Daytona, Sebring, Homestead, PBIR, .......

Take care
Old 02-08-2011, 11:53 PM
killbugsfast
Instructor

I didnt know they had Cup Cars in 1969 ? What next , flares and 305 tires in the rear ? Does that thing have PSM ? How can it go thru turns 3 thru 5 like that ?

Quick Reply: Sebring......Who is going to be man enough.......