Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring......Who is going to be man enough.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 11:59 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Awesome to have the results so soon!
Great event and big kudos to the organization!

Only a bit more carnage that average, but I guess that's just a consequence of the big turnout and winter racing deprivation syndrome(?)
I took a few pics of your car...you were haulin'! I wish I had video to show you sliding it just a little around T1 every time.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Too much carnage. Track was fast on thursday but slow rest of the weekend. Too much oil, coolant and stuff spilled. Weather warmer than expected except for sunday.

I had some great racing with D. Roach and K. Poeltl on the sprints. I won both overall. On the black enduro, ran 2nd until T17 last lap when Darren D. (993 T) and Greg B. (996) passed me. 1st in class and .4 secs from 3rd overall. Carlos dominated the enduro, great job Carlos!!!!!!! You were flying out there

Not bad for my 2 liter running skinny tires. As is the norm, the 901Shop (www.901shop.com) guys gave me a race winning car and Brady Refenning's coaching added to the superb preparation and fine tuning.

Glad to have met my fellow Rennlisters! MARK, thanks for the delivering the goodies and the gloves!!!

Last edited by Juan Lopez; 02-07-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:08 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Too much carnage. Track was fast on thursday but slow rest of the weekend. Too much oil, coolant and stuff spilled. Weather warmer than expected except for sunday.

I had some great racing with D. Roach and K. Poetl on the sprints. I won both overall. On the black enduro, ran 2nd until T17 last lap when a 993 T and a 996 passed me. 1st in class and .4 secs from 3rd overall.

Not bad for my 2 liter running skinny tires. As is the norm, the 901Shop (www.901shop.com) guys gave me a race winning car and Brady Refenning's coaching added to the superb preparation and fine tuning.

Glad to have met my fellow Rennlisters! MARK, thanks for the delivering the goodies and the gloves!!!
Good to see you again and great job during the whole weekend.
Had to push hard through the whole Enduro as we weren't sure if some lucky few have gotten their pit entries right before the extended double yellows. Ended up feeling more than 2 Sprint races than an Enduro (had to make the same pass on the 993 TT 3 times!! ...Good racing Darren!)

Agreed that the track was a bit slower. Couldn't get the right track space in the early morning sessions to get close to my last years H record. In I Prepared trim with the Wing the car is 3 seconds faster! (and feels awesome. Great job from my team at SpeedSport )
Old 02-07-2011, 08:10 AM
Juan Lopez
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Carlos, you were flying. Perhaps you should have gone to the runway at the airport next door :O

See you at Daytona (if not sooner)
Old 02-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan Lopez
Not bad for my 2 liter running skinny tires.
Juan, you and that car are quite a potent combination! Nice job.

I'm curious, how much hp are you getting out of your 2.0s? 220? And how light were you running in GT-6 trim? Haven't you raced that car in GT-5 as well?
Old 02-07-2011, 01:52 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Results up on Mylaps.

-td
Old 02-07-2011, 02:20 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

That was one well organized PCA club race weekend. Thanks to the regions which put it together. Definitely doing it in 2012 again. And also big thanks to Dan Jacobs and his crew for preparing a great car and keeping it running over the weekend. Apologies to all in the orange group for the mayhem at the start of Sprint 1. I had something to do with it for sure and surely paid with a 13 for it despite absence of any contact.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Apologies to all in the orange group for the mayhem at the start of Sprint 1. I had something to do with it for sure and surely paid with a 13 for it despite absence of any contact.
Huh? Can you explain?

tx.

c.

BTW, nice new avatar and very good looking car!
Old 02-07-2011, 02:59 PM
FredC
Drifting

Lap 1, got off track at T3, back on between 4 and 5, caused the car which was in P3 to tank slap, which in turn forced 2 cars off track, which in turn caused another car to hit the tire wall (sending the tires to the middle of the track) and another car to hit the tires... and it goes on and on and on...

Originally Posted by Charles A. Toupin
Huh? Can you explain?

tx.

c.

BTW, nice new avatar and very good looking car!
Old 02-07-2011, 03:05 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Lap 1, got off track at T3, back on between 4 and 5, caused the car which was in P3 to tank slap, which in turn forced 2 cars off track, which in turn caused another car to hit the tire wall (sending the tires to the middle of the track) and another car to hit the tires... and it goes on and on and on...
Unbelievable.........how did they determine it was all your fault?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
FredC
Drifting

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Unbelievable.........how did they determine it was all your fault?
I am not sure. But going off track in T3 on the first lap while running in P2 overall or any position for that matter is plain idiotic. I deserved to be benched regardless. Learned from it.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Charles A. Toupin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not sure. But going off track in T3 on the first lap while running in P2 overall or any position for that matter is plain idiotic. I deserved to be benched regardless. Learned from it.

It seems more like an unfortunate chain reaction than anything else. Right you were pushing (too?) hard, but still it is the combined actions of all the other cars that led to this.

Racin' incident... And yes, I will also learn from that!

c.
Old 02-07-2011, 03:20 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Bummer to hear that Fred. Just tweak the minor thing you did wrong but don't let that deter you from being the awesome driver/racer you are!

See you at the next race (We need to share some drinks too!)
Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the Suncoast and Goldcoast clubs did a great job. the weather held out and track was dry and fast. I must admit there was an "unusual" number of crashes?

Great seeing alot of you guys down there!!
Old 02-07-2011, 04:52 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Does anyone have video of the awesome racing this past weekend?

You may start your own video thread if you wish, but please someone post some of the racing action...........

I am still submerged in 2 feet of snow and it would be nice to see what a great weekend of racing I missed...........

TIA

Quick Reply: Sebring......Who is going to be man enough.......