Sponsored by:

Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 04:57 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
The rollercoaster, the mall, the hotels, all based on 1 million visitors a year when reality was @ 350k...
Possibly a "groupon" would help increasing the visitors.......
Old 12-19-2010, 06:21 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Possibly a "groupon" would help increasing the visitors.......

HAHA, groupons are sweet. Google is buying groupon for many BILLIONS of dollars, so there is no telling what will happen with them next.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:38 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

What if there was a "car" travel service that arranged for the shipment of a group of cars from a port in the states to Germany or wherever. Your cars are then transported to the ring and or other tracks. When you're done they reverse the process.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,650 Likes on 851 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
HAHA, groupons are sweet. Google is buying groupon for many BILLIONS of dollars, so there is no telling what will happen with them next.
What will happen next is that Google will do even more spying on users & other creepy crap. And people thought Microsoft was the "evil empire"? They have nothing on these Google vermin.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-19-2010, 06:57 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
What if there was a "car" travel service that arranged for the shipment of a group of cars from a port in the states to Germany or wherever. Your cars are then transported to the ring and or other tracks. When you're done they reverse the process.
You could do that, but the Port of Amsterdam is not far from Amsterdam airport, max 30min... fly in, pick up your car the drive to Spa is around 3 hours, drive to the Ring is 3.5 to 4 hours tops... the drive down can be fun also
Old 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
You could do that, but the Port of Amsterdam is not far from Amsterdam airport, max 30min... fly in, pick up your car the drive to Spa is around 3 hours, drive to the Ring is 3.5 to 4 hours tops... the drive down can be fun also
My thinking was for track cars and or not having to deal with insurance requirements for road use.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thinking was for track cars and or not having to deal with insurance requirements for road use.

A corvette tuner tried to put a whole trip together for some customers a few years back. It was going to be one week with trips to 3 tracks I think including the ring and spa and travel arrangements made by them. Cost was 10k for transport and support while going to the various tracks.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:24 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

I can't forsee driving a full blown race car on the german freeway for 3 hrs to get to the track......rental would be the smart decision.....
Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

Yip, could still do that I suppose... If anyone interested I could arrange to have them picked up at Port and transported to track, I know a couple of dealers not far from SPA that look after and transport race cars... For anyone who has a spare race car do you know you can have Manthey Racing look after it on their premises (2 Min drive from Ring) for around $250 to $300 Per Month (last time I checked), you could maybe strike a deal for a yearly rate and just fly over 2/3/4 times in the year and do that... just trying to give some on here options.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:26 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yah, but the way to do that is euro delivery. We did that a couple of years back. Until you really know the track driving in a full out race car will not be rewarding.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:29 PM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

The roads are actually not that bad and I have driven mine there and back, and mine is running 1200lb Springs, fully caged and laps Spa & Ring in a respectable time.

Quick Reply: Nordschleife