Sponsored by:

Nordschleife

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by enthusiast
This problem is based on all the new buildings by the F1 circuit section correct?
The rollercoaster, the mall, the hotels, all based on 1 million visitors a year when reality was @ 350k...

Thats just the tip, it has to fold up and be rebooted or the tomfoolery continues. Unless it gets subsidized by Abu Dhabi or some other existing subsidy model. Doubt that works while they are working on getting LBO's done on Ireland, Portugal, Spain and Greece.

But the track is for sure the coolest and will continue just fine after austerity measures are implemented.

Just my quick read on the matter, sure I am missing alot. Don't miss the humor, its the same thing over and over again...the sky is falling...the sky is falling...Does anyone go to Greece to be productive anyway?
Seems like a nice relaxing place to me, doubt that will change under some stimulated stimulus ...

I hope to drive the ring one day, for sure one of my goals. Realistic? who cares! ones dreams never are when others are asked...
Old 12-18-2010, 08:24 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 996TT_STEVO
Can anyone make this a Sticky?
Yes, but I don't think it is necessary.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Close it and it will just fade away...
Old 12-18-2010, 10:42 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

What happened to Stevo?
Did he get his feelings hurt?........
Old 12-18-2010, 10:42 PM
911FM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
I don't doubt the Ring is a special place........
but if I supported every place I have never been or never plan to be.......well you get the picture......

It's all about priorities.......
It is a special place to me. I am sure it is also for anyone who has been there and to the folks who dream to go there one day. I spent 2 awesome days this year and look forward to driving it again.

That said, I bet it will stay open (albeit with different owners). Not too much in favor of bailouts these days...

FM
Old 12-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

It's a magical place, wish I could bail them out.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:25 PM
DHC6
Racer

Damn, it has been a long time dream to drive the ring, and I have started planing a trip for this spring with a few friends. I hope it will still be open, and I hope if it falls under new leadership that nothing changes to drastically with rules and regulations. I will be watching this space for sure!
Old 12-19-2010, 12:26 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

I sure hope things get sorted out over there. Ultimately I cannot see how such a track with such a following will not make it through a bad situation like this.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:57 AM
wanna911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Personally I think we should be more concerned about supporting tracks and racing/DE clubs here in USA......... but that is just me.......

Stevo is not from the USA, nor are many members of this forum. I'm sure of the many that are we are doing more than our fare share to support racing/DE and whatever economic impact that may have in this country. A little support for place this special abroad does not sound too obtrusive. And at this point no one even knows what type of support they are asking for.

And some of the tracks here seem to be headed down this ruinous path as well. AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park) wants to add tennis courts and horseback riding, gyms and all kind of irrelevant stuff to it. Not feeling too supportive of anything but the track. The most support that will get from me is whatever DE I attend. Not only that but a lot of tracks here are mismanaged and stealing people's money left and right, I won't support that either.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:51 AM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by wanna911
And some of the tracks here seem to be headed down this ruinous path as well. AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park) wants to add tennis courts and horseback riding, gyms and all kind of irrelevant stuff to it. Not feeling too supportive of anything but the track.
Couldn't this be a good thing if it helps some drivers get their family to a track event? Being able to get the family to a track event with other stuff to do could increase certain drivers ability to get to the track more often.

Take a look at a trip to Pocono vs Mt Tremblant. At Pocono you can buy fireworks and at Tremblant what can't you do?

I am sorry if I don't know enough about the AMP situation and am stepping on your toes. If so please feel free to throw egg on my face, LOL! I can take it.

Bottom line, sure hope the Nordschleife does not get swallowed up by stupid stuff!
Old 12-19-2010, 09:06 AM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

The reason I have removed it from the "RACING FORUM" is simple, it just feels like some have no interest in it and you get smart **** comments from some (and no my feelings are not hurt BostonDMD) It is something of GREAT importance to all, after all it is the home of Porsche (please don't say Stuttgart) and probably the majority of cars that hit the Nordschleife circuit are Porsches, whatever support I can give I will... for those that have never been, you will never ever experience anything like it EVER, maybe you should listen to some of the comments from other members on here... let's hope you can visit in the following years to come.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:15 AM
996TT_STEVO
Racer

BTW... I have always dreamed of doing the Corckscrew.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

Originally Posted by wanna911
And some of the tracks here seem to be headed down this ruinous path as well. AMP (Atlanta Motorsports Park) wants to add tennis courts and horseback riding, gyms and all kind of irrelevant stuff to it. Not feeling too supportive of anything but the track.

Couldn't this be a good thing if it helps some drivers get their family to a track event? Being able to get the family to a track event with other stuff to do could increase certain drivers ability to get to the track more often.
I was at the Ring in July, we had a room at the track. We may have been the only guests. Empty, ghost town. Same with the Mall and roller coaster next door.
The track was pretty busy and full lines at track out, parking full etc.

Adding all kinds of non racing / non car related crap spells the beginning of the end IMHO..
That does not include supporting hospitality like restaurant, bar, maybe spa like Chateau at Road Atlanta. The rest is just distracting and might cost more money than it creates revenue.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:49 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,433 Likes on 767 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Adding all kinds of non racing / non car related crap spells the beginning of the end IMHO..
That does not include supporting hospitality like restaurant, bar, maybe spa like Chateau at Road Atlanta. The rest is just distracting and might cost more money than it creates revenue.
Not always the case IMO. Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in Nevada has a shooting range, racquetball courts, health club, small spa, impressive clubhouse, meeting rooms, and condos....and they seem to be thriving with lots of members.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 12-19-2010, 09:54 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,588 Likes on 736 Posts

Kinda like VIR then?

I can see that in a private big $$ membership setting, not open to the public off the street carnaval/retail setting like Nurburgring.

But the accessorie acitiveties don't seem the thrive at race tracks, unless you can sell liquor.

Quick Reply: Nordschleife