Sponsored by:

Sebring.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
Soften up your suspension if you can. It's a little bumpy.
Bumpy? Yes, I suppose now that you mention it . . .

Bring spares- incl axles- wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:59 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Don't forget your windbreaker. With the wind, Sebring in Feb. is cold even if it's 60 degrees out...
Old 12-10-2010, 01:15 PM
techno99
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coco_951
The club race will be my first time to Sebring and first time driving a cup car, I'll be letting a bunch of cars around me promise! Iracing helped a ton for RA and I hope it helps for down there too. My question is where do you fly to, Orlando or Tampa?
Orlando, Tampa, West Palm Beach, Melbourne, Fort Myers are all about 2 hours away.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Garylimey
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I'll be there also. If you'd like to say hi, look for the Lapis Blue Boxster S with #88.

Going this weekend also. Was on the waiting list to be an instructor and was called by Chin last minute to fill in as an instructor on Saturday, then the coaching with Chris Hall on Sunday. Should be a great weekend!
I'll see you there Mark, I hope to be in my White 951S #444 which should be finished for the event.

Enjoy this weekend, say hi to Mark, Maria and Todd for me.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 254 Likes on 155 Posts

I have flown into Ft. Myers. Much easier drive to Sebring than from Orlando, no bus to the rental car pick up. No toll roads. Not as many flights in and out but not nearly as crowded as the Mouse's airport.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:26 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

We fly into Orlando because we go to Daytona the weekend before.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:12 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 264 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by VERBOTN
Scott, not bumps simply character............

Merry Christmas hope all is well.
Filling jarring character but but that's probably not a problem for him.
It's a leap of faith to take 17 'flat out' on the assumption that it's going to stop bouncing, sometime.

Not going to make it to the 48 this year but other then that things are great!

Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:29 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

There's no better way to interupt the winter break with some racing at Sebring. I've raced there twice and loved every minute of the bumpy, a little rainy, slightly colder than expected and comraderie of fellow PCA racers experience.

I envy all that are going in 2011.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:22 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

My first PCA Club Race was at Sebring a few years ago. I also sat in my new race car for the first time that weekend. Go down for the Thursday test and tune day if you've not driven there. I was on a new team, in DeMan Motorsport. Ricky D coached me through the whole way, getting acclimated to all. It may be the most expensive Club Race of the year, as it's far and it uses the car up, after four full days. I've returned a few times, because it's such a legendary place and great weekend, to break up the winter doldrums. Did I mention that we swept that first weekend, Sprint wins and Enduro? Others' attrition was a big help, make sure you bring plenty of car.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 657 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
My first PCA Club Race was at Sebring a few years ago. I also sat in my new race car for the first time that weekend. Go down for the Thursday test and tune day if you've not driven there. I was on a new team, in DeMan Motorsport. Ricky D coached me through the whole way, getting acclimated to all. It may be the most expensive Club Race of the year, as it's far and it uses the car up, after four full days. I've returned a few times, because it's such a legendary place and great weekend, to break up the winter doldrums. Did I mention that we swept that first weekend, Sprint wins and Enduro? Others' attrition was a big help, make sure you bring plenty of car.
Hey Frank! That was a great weekend..never forget..!!

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 12-12-2010, 08:37 AM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 657 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
If it were your first time there.......

If it were in a winter month.......

If it were a PCA race week-end.......

How would you prepare for it?........

IIMWTK

(Inquiring Italian Mind Wants To Know)
I have 1 spot available in the transporter, and I also have a Super well prepared "E" class Boxster available to rent for that race weekend..

Anyone interested please get in touch ASAP..

Thanks
Rick DeMan
Old 12-12-2010, 08:52 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uh oh, if DeMan is bringing the Silver bullet, his Super well pareped E bullet, you can be assured the Sebring track record could very well likely be in jeopardy. Ive seen the Coors light bullet run first hand, and its a beast in the E Class. Unless Im mistaken, it holds the track record at Mosport and one other track.

For someone looking to run a bullet fast, good E class car, thats an awsome option.

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan
I have 1 spot available in the transporter, and I also have a Super well prepared "E" class Boxster available to rent for that race weekend..

Thanks
Rick DeMan
Old 12-12-2010, 09:50 AM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick DeMan

Thanks
Rick DeMan
Ricky,
We NEED to talk!
Old 12-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 365 Posts

Just got back from Sebring. Only had one run session with Chris Hall, then Boxilla lost power steering-burst hose. Chris will do a makeup day with me next month. In the one session I had, he taught me a lot about braking. He is having me brake way earlier than I had been, and coming off the brake gradually and fully off earlier than I had, in order to carry more momentum through the corners. I did a 2:42 and cost myself 2 seconds going off line through Bishops Bend passing someone. Chris thought I should be able to get in the mid 30's in my car eventually.

What a great guy. I had no idea of his credentials, but as he was telling me some of his experiences, they are impressive. And such a humble fellow also. I can see using him many times over in the future.

He said he will be driving a LMPC car at this year's 12 hour race. I asked him about the rumor I'd heard that some of the LMP1 cars can go full throttle through 1. He said that it is possible on new tires, but after a few laps you have to brake a little. Holy crap, that's 160mph through that turn!
Old 12-12-2010, 07:09 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

Mark I was thinking about you today and I was checking the weather. If you ever want to split a day with Me for Chris let me know. I learned so much from him on Saturday and picked up even more speed.
Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Just got back from Sebring. Only had one run session with Chris Hall, then Boxilla lost power steering-burst hose. Chris will do a makeup day with me next month. In the one session I had, he taught me a lot about braking. He is having me brake way earlier than I had been, and coming off the brake gradually and fully off earlier than I had, in order to carry more momentum through the corners. I did a 2:42 and cost myself 2 seconds going off line through Bishops Bend passing someone. Chris thought I should be able to get in the mid 30's in my car eventually.

What a great guy. I had no idea of his credentials, but as he was telling me some of his experiences, they are impressive. And such a humble fellow also. I can see using him many times over in the future.

He said he will be driving a LMPC car at this year's 12 hour race. I asked him about the rumor I'd heard that some of the LMP1 cars can go full throttle through 1. He said that it is possible on new tires, but after a few laps you have to brake a little. Holy crap, that's 160mph through that turn!

Quick Reply: Sebring.........