Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F1 bosses vote Alonso the best of 2010

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 08:07 AM
rdstemler
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How does this sound? Take all the polls, get the results and then have a playoff system where you get to see who the winner is.....just US college football! That has really squelched all the arguments over who is number one!!!

The season would be extended! Sponsors could game tracks, cars and drivers to benefit their own product! Unusual matchups would all be grist for whoever has a poll!

Think of it!!! The Turtle Wax F1 Championship Race from the Peoria Fairgrounds Dirt Track!!! Held on Feb 2nd!

Who could argue about that???
Old 12-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Alonso the best in F1.... where did i hear that before Hmmm........
From your faux brain.

Alonso loses the championship and the team principles name him best driver in F1. Maybe they should name Ferrari as the best team, never mind that RBR won both the WDC and Constructors Championship. Meaningless choice since
Vettel got 10 poles and the WDC.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Land Pet , denial does not change facts, FA has been the best driver in F1 since 06, first the drivers , now the owners and of course amigo logic over rules .

That aside , i must admit to being impressed with your grip, swinging in on Pete's stump and logic does require such ...

just saying .........
Old 12-07-2010, 10:48 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Vettel never got the vote , because those in the game know , the know. You can always ask Bernie how Vettel won and it was not from speed and or talent ....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:23 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK faux expert.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Appreciate the props ....
Old 12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Strange thing is, faux-ster, that if you want to use this pole as proof that Alonso is the best in F1 (and I do agree that he may be), then you must come to some sort of reconciliation with the fact that Vettel was a CLOSE second to Alonso in that poll (and in fact "won" it last year). So, your silly faux-champion hypothesis would not hold very much water then, would it? I mean if this poll really were the be-all and end-all, then it would suggest that Alonso "bettered" the younger Faux-driver by only a slim margin.

So how does that work again? Vettel = Faux champion and Alonso = the real deal? C'mon...

Not that the truth won't prevent you from spinning some alternate reality...
Old 12-07-2010, 11:53 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I dont need a poll to tell me Alonso is the best in F1, they are following me , not the other way around ..

Faux deciphered :

Again Vettel was not faster than his teammate , it took interference from the team for him to get the better of Webber , same as Button last year.
Because of such both Vettel and Button are faux Champions this would not have been the case if Webber,Alonso or Barichello had won, they were all faster and better than their respective teammates.

Better now .....
Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I dont need a poll to tell me Alonso is the best in F1, they are following me , not the other way around ..

Faux deciphered :

Again Vettel was not faster than his teammate , it took interference from the team for him to get the better of Webber , same as Button last year.
Because of such both Vettel and Button are faux Champions this would not have been the case if Webber,Alonso or Barichello had won, they were all faster and better than their respective teammates.
Jenson Button is one of the best of the current breed of drivers for not being hard on his car. Yes Jenson Button is not the fastest guy out there. But he is fast enough to win races when the other guys make mistakes and/or trash their cars trying to win. Question, do you follow the Lemans endurance races? In the 2010 race Peugeot was clearly faster than Audi (it was not even close). But who won the race? Audi did. Winning in motorsports is more than just pure speed.

I would actually put Alsono and Webber with Button in the same list of drivers who can drive smooth and not trash their cars as much as other drivers (similar to how Alan Prost and Damon Hill drove) and Vettel and Hamilton belong in the list of extremely talented fast drivers, but young drivers who still need to stop making mistakes. Vettel and Hamilton were their own worst enemies in 2010. Vettel could have run away with the 2010 season if he cut down on his mistakes and Hamilton could have possibly won as well if he too cut down on his mistakes.

Alonso is a talented driver. One of the best of the current breed. But polls like this are subjective. Put Robert Kubica in a better car and maybe he would be labeled as "the best". Damon Hill was fantastic when he drove for Williams. But when he lost his ride, he stopped winning. F1 has always been about car/driver and despite what you think, the best car/driver combo in 2010 was Sebastian Vettel in a Red Bull (who knows what would have happened if Webber was not injured).

Last edited by My993C2; 12-07-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
You have a lot still to learn about Motorsports. Jenson Button is one of the best of the current breed of drivers for not being hard on his car. Yes Jenson Button is not the fastest guy out there. But he is fast enough to win races when the other guys make mistakes and/or trash their cars trying to win. Question, do you follow the Lemans endurance races? In the 2010 race Peugeot was clearly faster than Audi (it was not even close). But who won the race? Audi did. Winning in motorsports is more than just pure speed.

I would actually put Alsono and Webber with Button in the same list of drivers who can drive smooth and not trash their cars as much as other drivers (similar to how Alan Prost and Damon Hill drove) and Vettel and Hamilton belong in the list of extremely talented fast drivers, but young drivers who still need to stop making mistakes. Vettel and Hamilton were their own worst enemies in 2010. Vettel could have run away with the 2010 season if he cut down on his mistakes and Hamilton could have possibly won as well if he too cut down on his mistakes.

Alonso is a talented driver. One of the best of the current breed. But polls like this are subjective. Put Robert Kubica in a better car and maybe he would be labeled as "the best". Damon Hill was fantastic when he drove for Williams. But when he lost his ride, he stopped winning. F1 has always been about car/driver and despite what you think, the best car/driver combo in 2010 was Sebastian Vettel in a Red Bull (who knows what would have happened if Webber was not injured).
Hmmm , I sense some irony in there somewhere but i just cant put my finger on it .
Old 12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

I think you have a reading comprehension problem. Saying "someone is one of the best in the current breed of drivers" is not the same as saying "someone is the best". Leaving Schumacher out of the equation for the time being, arguably the other two best drivers who have ever raced in the modern F1 era are Aryton Senna and Alan Prost (two completely different types of drivers) and Fernado Alonso (or any other current driver) do not come remotely close to these two.

I repeat Fernado Alonso is a talented driver, but to call him the best in 2010 is subjective and unprovable. But this we do know, Fernado Alonso is a baby who needs his diapers changed more often than not. For someone to drive himself into the wall and then blame the other driver, just goes to show his lack of maturity. We need more mature drivers like Alan Prost, like Jenson Button in this sport and less babies like Alonso. Alonso needs to grow up. "Point bys" do not belong in F1, they are tools for the amateur DE open lapping track days domain. :P

Last edited by My993C2; 12-07-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:03 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Faux deciphered :

Better now .....
Unsubstantiated and full of equivocation. Usual brew.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
I think you have a reading comprehension problem. Saying "someone is one of the best in the current breed of drivers" is not the same as saying "someone is the best". Leaving Schumacher out of the equation for the time being, arguably the other two best drivers who have ever raced in the modern F1 era are Aryton Senna and Alan Prost (two completely different types of drivers) and Fernado Alonso (or any other current driver) do not come remotely close to these two.

I repeat Fernado Alonso is a talented driver, but to call him the best in 2010 is subjective and unprovable. But this we do know, Fernado Alonso is a baby who needs his diapers changed more often than not. For someone to drive himself into the wall and then blame the other driver, just goes to show his lack of maturity. We need more mature drivers like Alan Prost, like Jenson Button in this sport and less babies like Alonso. Alonso needs to grow up. "Point bys" do not belong in F1, they are tools for the amateur DE open lapping track days domain. :P
So let me see...

Current F1 drivers vote Alonso the best, Current team owners vote Alonso the best and the top F1 guru and Patron collector A.Wayne vote ALonso the best and this is deemed subjective, unprovable, null and void , because you disagree ..

BWAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY .... the irony..
Old 12-07-2010, 11:39 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wayne, how does Bernie control the races? Joystick or laptop with engine mapping for certain drivers? Just curious.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:53 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Who cares? I thought the only thing that counts in racing is winning and championships. For losers, they have created other categories. One has been mentioned in the original posting. Let is wait 10 more years to figure out how good Alonso really is.

Quick Reply: F1 bosses vote Alonso the best of 2010