Sponsored by:

should both seats be the same for DE?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 05:52 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
If you start adding up the cost of turning your comfortable street car into an effective track car (and an uncomfortable street car), you'll make the next inevitable step -- the dedicated track car. This disease only goes one way.
unfortunately right now I have no issues with any car costs but cannot move out of our house as we are still upside down and we cannot afford just to write off $100K+ loss on house value compared to what is was bought for in 2005.

so, 1 car garage and no space to park a trailer situation will remain until this economy will remain... housing in MA sucks big time, well, as pretty much everywhere else plus my wife and I are getting more and more convinced that this 'starter house' will be our final house. you cannot get it all anyway.

there are always considerations on renting external garage but, well, I am not yet ready for that. it is ether local or none for me, I want to be able to walk to my cars rather than to worry about them all the time. so, if I wreck this 997, God forbid, well, too bad, I will get a 3 year old gt3 and will start from a scratch. it will be still cheaper than to try to sell a house now with a loss.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:09 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

You can actually use a 996 GT3 Euro seat with a 3-point and also with a 6-point. In my opinion that is the best street/track compromise seat on the market. Bolts right in, works with factory belts, and with harnesses, and is comfortable too.

Quick Reply: should both seats be the same for DE?