Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 01:54 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Gratton
... even if I was driving a Yugo.
That's ChumpCar... we run that too In a different car, but still...
Old 11-14-2010, 04:25 AM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I should go and watch the race ... I live so close and track there almost every month. I was wondering why so many people there lately testing out their race cars. I can't imagine driving 1, 2 or even 3 hours at TH. You guys must be exhausted after 25 hours!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

driving at night for long stints is my favorite part...that and watching the sun come up slowly with cars buzzing past...had so much fun last year
Old 11-15-2010, 12:25 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
driving at night for long stints is my favorite part...that and watching the sun come up slowly with cars buzzing past...had so much fun last year
I was thinking the same thing. There are all kinds of racing events, but not many where you can watch the sun come up. Very cool CJ, I am jealous.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:51 PM
IcemanG17
Race Director

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by schwank
I love it. Our budget is about $1250 each for 5 drivers including hotel, 2 sets of tires, and gas. We run Thursday practice too That has to be about as cheap as you can run this event if you are from out of town.

This on top of my sprint race annual budget is about all I can justify on a pretty decent job and a side business. Kudos to those who can pay for the high end seats. Gives me something to aspire to...

Too bad I gave up pitching in high school!
Thats a good price.....to run a typical Chump or Lemons weekend with practice on Friday is around $900 per driver with 4 drivers....
Old 11-16-2010, 02:18 AM
thomasj
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Team Motorsports Racing will be back this year!
With a few new bits on the car we will be looking to better last years 12 OA and 4th in class. The old gal will be bringing it to the EO bimmers a quarter here age.
Check us out at www.tmr25hours.blogspot.com

Send us the spec car pride this year!!!

Thanks
Thomas
Attached Images   
Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Had a private day yesterday with a couple of the 25 hour teams in attendance. Honestly, I'm not sure what class Billy Maher's Tiger team runs, but Tony Colicchio was doing the bulk of the testing yesterday and was lapping 1:52-3 at will. Not sure where that fits in the pecking orders as I don't pay much attention to NASA enduro classes.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:20 PM
thomasj
6th Gear

Ken,
Tiger is in ES same class as the overall winner from last year (Mercer) They ran 47-48s or so. I think a consistent 52-53 is in striking distance if any of the front runners have issues.
ES is allowed an unlimited quantity fuel stops where as lower classes are limited to 10gal. per stop. So if they have fuel efficiency over the '11 cup cars that would play into there hands as well.
Third overall last year ran 58 -59s, But did it lap after lap after lap without a hitch. Just goes to show it can be anybody's game if you can stay in the 58-59 region and have an exceptionally clean race.

Thomas
Old 11-20-2010, 02:21 AM
dp35
Pro

They've recently updated the lists of teams & drivers signed up thus far at the 25 Hour website.

One team that looks interesting is Team SemperFi. They'll be running an "RCR Superlite Eagle", driven by Bob Davidson, Ric McCormick, Burt Frisselle, Mark Wilkins, & Brian Frisselle.

What's an RCR Superlite Eagle? I'm not sure either, but based on what I saw here, it should be interesting, fast, and expensive.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

RCR is Race Car Replicas. Some of the stuff I've seen from them is quite nice and people I've know who have driven them in anger thought they drove pretty well. Other stuff that I've heard about is 'looks nice, built for drag racing'

The Superlite I've seen was a Ariel Atom knockoff. Not sure what the Eagle variation is.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:45 AM
RPetty
Racer

What time is all this starting?
Old 12-01-2010, 01:52 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RPetty
What time is all this starting?
Race starts at 11 AM Saturday PST and ends 25 hours later (that's noon Sunday for those of you in Rio Linda which remarkably isn't that far away)....

Practices Thursday and Friday....
Old 12-01-2010, 03:14 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Trailer is all packed up, we leave bright and early tomorrow morning. See you guys down there!
Old 12-03-2010, 02:21 AM
schwank
Herr Unmöglich
Rennlist Member

Just a quick pic for you guys... how about the factory CRZ, one of which has Simon Pagenaud as a driver. In front is the Mercer GT3 with Mr van Overbeek at the wheel.

We had a good day of testing today, and looking forward to the race. We are in Pit 12 if anyone wants to stop by... and tell us how slow we are

Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 PM
mikymu
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by schwank
Just a quick pic for you guys... how about the factory CRZ, one of which has Simon Pagenaud as a driver. In front is the Mercer GT3 with Mr van Overbeek at the wheel.

We had a good day of testing today, and looking forward to the race. We are in Pit 12 if anyone wants to stop by... and tell us how slow we are

WOW!

I will be there tomorrow morning to watch the race. Can't wait! What will you be driving?

Quick Reply: Thunderhill 25 HR...