Friday Tuner / Unlimited - In Car Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-e_32dZmLU

Saturday Tuner / Unlimited - In Car Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6lcPOmNd_I

HPF M3 Transmission Fix and Qualification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=235lV8YvD9Y

HPF M3 Qualification

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9FXCM5SMu8

Last edited by HPF Chris; 10-29-2010 at 01:10 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice job.....
Old 10-26-2010, 04:35 PM
HPF Chris
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks.

We ran the fastest RWD times in the Street/Tuner and Unlimited categories. But we lost in the end because we didn't bring rain tires, and had to buy some, mounted them last minute then the track dried out!!!! Argh. But everyone keeps telling me... That's racing. Now I know what that feels like to choose the wrong tires and not have another set ready.

I spent 30 minutes talking with Andy Pilgrim who drives the Volvo S60. He is such a nice guy. Their car is truly amazing. They keep winning and they keep having to add weight. 50 lbs for every victory. Their car is nearly as heavy as ours now and they are very restricted on their powerplant. So with those two things, that car is truly impressive.

GMG has some great Porsche's there. Those guys are great and put on a great event. And those GT cup cars look and sound amazing and are super fast. I have some more video footage of those I'll post up in a bit.

Chris.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Chris... I was sweating while on the grid as it started to rain with slicks on before the TT, it was hairy but finally got them up to temp by the last lap and was able to put down a time and take the Unlimited RWD 1st place win.

Thanks for switching to rains, or else I would have not had a chance ;P

Here are some pics from the event!

Old 10-26-2010, 05:12 PM
HPF Chris
AutoX

Originally Posted by mobonic
Hey Chris... I was sweating while on the grid as it started to rain with slicks on before the TT, it was hairy but finally got them up to temp by the last lap and was able to put down a time and take the Unlimited RWD 1st place win.

Thanks for switching to rains, or else I would have not had a chance ;P

Here are some pics from the event!
Great pictures. Glad you were able to take down the win. Congrats!!!

Chris.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:40 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Chris,

Pleasure meeting you and that is one hell of a german beast you guys built... just amazing!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:18 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

what was your time for the victory?
Chris,

Pleasure meeting you and that is one hell of a german beast you guys built... just amazing!
Old 10-26-2010, 06:19 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Also, what was up with that Ferarri and its claimed 800hp with Cort Wagner at the wheel?
Only a 1:37.xx as a best??
Old 10-26-2010, 06:36 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Ferrari cooked a catalytic converter on Sunday, ending Cort's run. On his first hot lap, the "SLOW DOWN" light came on. This caused the engine to reduce power and hydraulic pressure, so the transmission would not work optimally. He was very dissapointed to say the least. Also, that car had full street tires. They had a hard time putting down power.

He did put down a 1:29 in my car, without much effort. He thought a 1:27 was possible with a little more time and adjustment.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:39 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Oh I know Cort can drive, and your car did some fast times back in the day on the toyos with pobst driving.

Street tires??? hardly, you mean DOTs, yes. I was on DOTs too.

I was talking to the one of the engineers from that team. he was going on and on about tires, redesigning the tires from michelin, the 800hp, etc etc. when I asked the times, he said 1;37s. He asked what car i had what were my times, and I told him I had the 25 year old 928 and under 1:37. He laughed when I told him I drove it to the track.

Who did you get your car from ? Im trying to think of the guy that ran it in 2004 with PCA. actuallly, it made my highlight reel. I think its the same car. #22
1:45 in the video
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...67&q=928+video

Mark

Originally Posted by mklaskin
The Ferrari cooked a catalytic converter on Sunday, ending Cort's run. On his first hot lap, the "SLOW DOWN" light came on. This caused the engine to reduce power and hydraulic pressure, so the transmission would not work optimally. He was very dissapointed to say the least. Also, that car had full street tires. They had a hard time putting down power.

He did put down a 1:29 in my car, without much effort. He thought a 1:27 was possible with a little more time and adjustment.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:47 PM
mobonic
Drifting

My winning time for the TT was a 1:38 in my 997 Carrera S

The problem was we were on slicks and it started to rain as we were griding, Chris decided to gamble on rain tires and I stayed on slicks.. the first 2 laps were hairy and I never got the tires to optimum temp due to the damp track (tires only rose 5 psi, instead of 10 like they did in the morning).

With the Ferrari having problems, and the m3 on rain tires, my gamble paid off.. it was not my fastest lap at 1:38 (took no curbs as they were wet) so I thought i had no chance and packed up the car and bailed, then got the news that I won.

Not bad for a 997S with 355 HP at the crank and weighs 3150 lbs. and no lsd.

I had a great weekend, and the rain only ruined one of our sessions.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:26 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

you and B. Sofro (James' brother) and these 1:37-38s! I guess the old 2004 GT3 puts out 415 flywheel stock, right? is yours stock, or do you have some mods (headers, chip, etc) ? I do remember that grand am GS car producing 360rhp with "no mods" too. and that engine is the 335 flywheel rated car too.
any idea of rwhp? 310ish rwhp? Ill tell you one thing, B. Sofro and I were going at it pretty hard. wet, dry and inbetween, and his car sure ran like it had 350ish rwhp compared to mine. I could barely creep on him on the straights.
1:38 is moving, even on the slicks and not hitting all the wet birms. :

nice job.

I know, the rain hosed the race classe, but all the TT groups had epic conditions!

My winning time for the TT was a 1:38 in my 997 Carrera S

The problem was we were on slicks and it started to rain as we were griding, Chris decided to gamble on rain tires and I stayed on slicks.. the first 2 laps were hairy and I never got the tires to optimum temp due to the damp track (tires only rose 5 psi, instead of 10 like they did in the morning).

With the Ferrari having problems, and the m3 on rain tires, my gamble paid off.. it was not my fastest lap at 1:38 (took no curbs as they were wet) so I thought i had no chance and packed up the car and bailed, then got the news that I won.

Not bad for a 997S with 355 HP at the crank and weighs 3150 lbs. and no lsd.

I had a great weekend, and the rain only ruined one of our sessions.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 PM
HPF Chris
AutoX

Friday's First Session (Street/Tuner Class) - In Car Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SGpUiqeN1o
Old 10-26-2010, 11:46 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Thanks mark, my fastest time of the weekend was a 1:37... and I was sideways coming out of 11 but kept my foot in it and that was my fastest lap.

I know the car has a 1:36 in it as is, and a 1:35 if I can get Ms. Piggy lighter, lower, and more front aero

My car is not a GT3, its a 997 Carrerra S.

997S is rated at 355 crank HP
996 GT3 is rated at 385 crank HP

Last time I had my car dyno'd is was at 298 whp.

No chip, just straight pipes

By the way I had a great time watching your race.. seeing you and Mark in the 928's battle all the Gt3 cups
Old 10-27-2010, 12:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,654 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
I guess the old 2004 GT3 puts out 415 flywheel stock, right?
stock 2005-5 996gt3 street car are 380hp at the crank as published by Porsche. most of them dyno at 350 or so, stock EVERYTHING. deviation from 350 is very rare (again stock stock)

GMG's car is gutted. if not, you should gain on street trim 996gt3 as you did on me and 171mph years ago.

Quick Reply: Global Tuner Grand Prix 2010 (GTGP) - VIDEOS