Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Global Tuner Grand Prix 2010 (GTGP) - VIDEOS

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

i dont remember seeing that! how do you stall your car on the line of turn 2. since that was later in the race after the restart. (when it was raining hardest), wouldnt you just drift over to the right side of the track and park it? that was weird and potentially deadly. That potentially extremely ugly. hitting a parked car at 100mph is not a good idea. . glad he missed him at the last second. WOW!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:45 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
i dont remember seeing that! how do you stall your car on the line of turn 2. since that was later in the race after the restart. (when it was raining hardest), wouldnt you just drift over to the right side of the track and park it? that was weird and potentially deadly. That potentially extremely ugly. hitting a parked car at 100mph is not a good idea. . glad he missed him at the last second. WOW!
He crashed and settled there unfortunately....
Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

What am i thinking! aunt jemima could have been serving breakfast right there and I certainly wouldnt have seen her on the restart. I guess that is where he settled. wonder if he crashed behind me. all I saw was a wall of water from all those cheaters on rains.

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
He crashed and settled there unfortunately....
Old 11-02-2010, 12:57 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

It was a bad deal for sure........just missing Guy Dreier with a last minute lift off the throttle.
The driver I caught and passed towards the checker decided to squeeze me into the wall on the left and I just decided to back off at the last minute to avoid the potentially disastrous situation.

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 11-02-2010, 03:32 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I dont remember that last lap him being there, but thank god he did push you into the wall so you had to back out. had he given you room, it could have been a mess for everyone.
So, what happened to Guy, was it on the restart?

Glad it turned out ok.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:59 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mark,

Are you serious? if he didn't move me over, it wouldn't have been nearly and issue as I could have just passed him without lifting and we would have stayed right.......
Old 11-02-2010, 12:09 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Good eyes, good hands, good head. Would loved to have seen a heart monitior on you the moment he visualized.....
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Hey, what I was saying or picturing in my mind, is if he didnt start to move over, you would have been counting on that space between him and the wall, (thinking it would be clear) and then suddenly as you are passing, there would be the parked car against the wall. what I meant, is that by him moving over to the left, it kind of made your decision to wait a little easier by already lifting and then seeing the parked car there too. I could just picture the move to pass, and then just not having enough room between the leader car and the parked car and you hitting both for a real mess of a finish. Just glad that you had the head about you to avoid that potential mess.

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Mark,

Are you serious? if he didn't move me over, it wouldn't have been nearly and issue as I could have just passed him without lifting and we would have stayed right.......
Old 11-03-2010, 04:46 AM
GK Systems
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More in car Video's

Hey guys,
just got done processing more video's from the weekend, here is one of James doing a shake down run in a 996 GT3 street car, it was at 8 am Fri morning, when the track was still cold and damp, sorry there was a bit of fog on the camera lens near the outside edges,it comes and goes as the lap goes on...
post more as I have time .....

GK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO5kGZUj1CE
Old 11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Was that the GT3 "race car" that Brad drove in the Challenge race?

Originally Posted by GK Systems
Hey guys,
just got done processing more video's from the weekend, here is one of James doing a shake down run in a 996 GT3 street car, it was at 8 am Fri morning, when the track was still cold and damp, sorry there was a bit of fog on the camera lens near the outside edges,it comes and goes as the lap goes on...
post more as I have time .....

GK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO5kGZUj1CE
Old 11-03-2010, 01:53 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes it was.......on it's first outing after being built. Car was a blast to drive!

This car has a great power to weight ratio putting in smack in the middle of the GT3 class in POC!
Old 11-03-2010, 02:01 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I clocked a 1:33.5 on that lap in the "street" GT3.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:58 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Mark, don't be a "hater"..........

My brother's car is a 2004 GT3 street car with a stripped interior, GMG cage and stock motor with open exhaust.

In fact, it sounds a lot like the specs of your 928?
Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Just because a car has its interior removed, a few stickers and some good bolt on's does not make it a RACE Car, like a cup car.

Race cars have:

Porous build engines, that are highly developed, and maybe unique to a series or a type of circuit

Racing engine control units that are fine tuned and have their calibration optimized for maximum power

They have a chassis and suspension, that have had a kinematic study done on them, then redesigned and optimized for each circuit

Parts that maybe specific to one type of circuit or series

That car of brads had a totally stock engine
only a muffler delete, it still has most of the ac parts in tack, including the pump on the engine.
I call that a street car........

Feel free to use info and quote It was fast because we had a RACE Driver in a good street car, so does that make it a Hybrid?

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 11-04-2010, 01:16 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Me a hater? common, you know me better than that! I loved it . Nothing I like better than running against a car that doesnt pull on me and leave me on the dust. I'll deal with the other factors. I think the main point of the "street" car vs " race" car, is that "street" points to something that still runs comfortably on the street, not hiding from the cops like mine. (or Brads).
Street makes me think of the street classes, not the race classes. sure, its a street car gutted and prepped for racing. its a wannabe cup car, with your own cage design.
Your right, it seemed A LOT like my car, but with 20 year newer racing technology.
Sure, its a street car that was gutted, but has a few bits from the cup car and some racing technology. after all, the GT3 was a version of the 996 that was developed so that the cup car could be driven on the street. anyway, I do like the "Gut and Go" theme! yep, the only real difference between our cars, was the age of my stuff on the car and quality, and the GT3 was running slicks.
HP /weight was pretty close. I mean, the video shows a lot of time in front and behind the car, and that tells a lot. Ive heard most all GT3s make about 350 to 380rwhp with open exhaust, especailly with a header. make sense, as the car comes stock in '04 at 380 flywheel rating. Anyway, it was a fantastic example of the work you guys do with these kind of conversions or street upgrades. Nice job, really!!

It was a blast running with you guys. a great end of an abreiviated season for me. Thanks!

BTW, i have some ideas that would drive attendance next season, so we should talk. we could double the field size with cars that would be spectator /competitive worthy.

Mark

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Mark, don't be a "hater"..........

My brother's car is a 2004 GT3 street car with a stripped interior, GMG cage and stock motor with open exhaust.

In fact, it sounds a lot like the specs of your 928?

Quick Reply: Global Tuner Grand Prix 2010 (GTGP) - VIDEOS