Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

World-Challenge - 2011 - Pirelli Slicks

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, not sure if it will ruin it, but man that is a good looking car!
Old 01-06-2011, 11:03 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Car looks nice. I don't like the graphics. I can't really see how racing this car will attract buyers in it's market segment.
If I ever buy another mid sized car it will be a Cadillac. Rented one a year ago and found it to be quieter and more efficient than my Audi.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:16 PM
Benton
Drifting

Randy, I think you are missing Cadillac's plan with this race car. They aren't selling a ton of CTS-Vs with the race car. In fact, Cadillac probably isn't making much money at all with the CTS-V line when you consider the money put behind promoting it.

It's not about that; it's about promoting Cadillac's complete brand image as a competitor to Audi & BMW, who happen to race on the weekends and win. You won't see Cadillac in DTM anytime soon (no point), and they don't want to compete against the Corvette in ALMS or push the budget in ALMS--which would be double in-house--that it would take to win. But they can pay a nominal price (it's all relative for a monster company like GM), have Pratt & Miller build a killer car, and immediately compete for wins in WC.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:29 PM
jaje
Three Wheelin'

Touring Cars and racing based off actual production cars has to be my favorite racing series. It is what I think most racing organizations have lost. My favorite series are BTCC, FIA WTC, WC, Koni Challenge, and ALMS GT2 and the like. I am not as excited when watching LMP or DP racing - though it is nice though seeing multiple classes out there and the closing speeds.

Good luck out there and have fun.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Benton
You won't see Cadillac in DTM anytime soon (no point), .
What about when DTM comes to the US in 2013? Are they using WC as a testing bed for that maybe?
Old 01-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Benton
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
What about when DTM comes to the US in 2013? Are they using WC as a testing bed for that maybe?
I can't say that I have a clue, but that would be pretty awesome if they could enter and compete. The DTM budget has to be just ridiculous, though. Hopefully they bring it down when they overhaul the rules and bring it a little closer to its roots.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Cory M
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 43 Posts

Pics of the new CTS GT car, if the street cars looked like this I would buy one:

http://jalopnik.com/5737682/awesome-...car-is-awesome

Quick Reply: World-Challenge - 2011 - Pirelli Slicks