Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the heck?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tim, you've GOT to learn how to use the quote tab!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:47 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, Im not real good with these computer things!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:49 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Originally Posted by TIM COSTA
SPB is non-existent in the east. Even the mighty Road America only drew two cars.

What?? There were 13 at NJMP, 9 at Summit. It does take a bit of time for a "new to the region" class to take hold. I wouldnt be surprised to see 20 SPBs at Sebring next year.
So, Tim, you know all the SPB boys (from your mirror), beat the bushes and get a bunch down to CMP. Great race, tons of race time, perfect end of season race
Old 10-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Bottom right-hand corner of the post you want to quote is a pair of quotation marks.

What?? There were 13 at NJMP, 9 at Summit. It does take a bit of time for a "new to the region" class to take hold. I wouldnt be surprised to see 20 SPBs at Sebring next year.
Well, maybe not the East, but SPB was indeed non-existent at Road Atlanta, Mid Ohio, Putnam, and Road America (and evidently CMP too).
Old 10-12-2010, 09:00 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by U4EEAH
So, Tim, you know all the SPB boys (from your mirror), beat the bushes and get a bunch down to CMP. Great race, tons of race time, perfect end of season race
(In a Southern CMP accent) Hail yeah!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:03 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Jack and Kevin,

PM sent
Old 10-12-2010, 10:41 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 531 Likes on 284 Posts

Roger,
as was stated, you answered your own question: if everyone sits on the sidelines and waits for someone else to sign up, nobody will be there.

Nadine has been putting in a ton of work for this race, so hopefully we'll get a bunch more signed up in the next week so all the work is worth it.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 10-12-2010, 10:45 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chris M.
I will be at CMP and will not miss Halloween. Three sprint races by the end of Saturday and I'll be on the road back home.
Great point Chris!

While we would love a lot to stay for the enduro's, we understand reality and families. Everyone will get 3 sprints plus the fun race by the end of Saturday night, so if you gotta get home for Sunday night with the kids, you still get some great racing in.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:34 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Good points guys. I guess I'm mainly disappointed with spec boxster at the races I've looked into. I would like to see that grow into 10-15 for small fields and 30+ for large ones. It could be the best series in PCA club racing. No doubt gotta give Bob and Nadine props for putting on a great race weekend. Tons of track time. So, uh, how much for a weekend with a Werkstat Boxster? Tim Costa...still got yours? BTW, totally nothing against low hp cars...been driving a sm all year. Was hoping for something with a LITTLE more hp.

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 10-13-2010, 05:50 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
No doubt gotta give Bob and Nadine props for putting on a great race weekend. Tons of track time.....
All the props go to Nadine, she's doing all the work, I'm just the hired help and the guy that badgers people into coming!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Good points guys. I guess I'm mainly disappointed with spec boxster at the races I've looked into. I would like to see that grow into 10-15 for small fields and 30+ for large ones. It could be the best series in PCA club racing. No doubt gotta give Bob and Nadine props for putting on a great race weekend. Tons of track time. So, uh, how much for a weekend with a Werkstat Boxster? Tim Costa...still got yours? BTW, totally nothing against low hp cars...been driving a sm all year. Was hoping for something with a LITTLE more hp.
Roger,
The group is growing, two years ago at VIR we had 2 spec boxsters(mine) and 3 spec boxsters at NJMP. This year we had 7 at VIR, 13 at NJMP and 10 signed up for Summit. We have built cars that are now in Atlanta, Chicago, NJ and Mass. We personally started with 2 cars and have now built over 12 Spec Boxsters. We have all had a blast racing them and the group is still growing. We plan to see over 20 spec boxsters at Sebring this winter. If you really want to help the movement out, I have 2 Spec Boxsters for sale, black or silver, pick one and go racing!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:49 AM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Hey Roger,
I do still have mine and love it. The class is growing and the racing is getting more competitive everytime we go out. You really should try one out and see how much fun they are. Then buy one and join the movement.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:45 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Roger,
I do still have mine and love it. The class is growing and the racing is getting more competitive everytime we go out. You really should try one out and see how much fun they are. Then buy one and join the movement.
Better to build or buy? What can you do to make them really competitive?
Old 10-14-2010, 02:47 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Better to buy. They all should be the same being a spec class so the only thing to do to make it "more competitive" would be to build a new motor and you can always do that later.
Old 10-14-2010, 04:10 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Im going to Laguna Seca. practically NO sound restriction 103db, $330 for the race weekend, and here are 8 cars signed up in class, maybe around 20 total. unreal! Ive been racing with SCCA for 10 years now and this is the smallest car field yet. BUT, there are 30 cars signed up for the pro weekend next weekend at $1500 per car. The economy is funny right now!

Quick Reply: What the heck?