Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 09:22 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What the heck?

Where are all the cars for the CMP race? I was looking to see who was signed up and couldn't believe how few cars. Not only that. But what happened to spec boxster? GTB? Even C3 was low. I was looking to rent a Spec Box, but no one is signed up..?? I miss running with you guys and wanted to rent something to run, but there isn't much to run against. Economy? That's why Spec Box should be doing well...or so I thought. I've been looking at all the SE races...not much Spec Box anywhere. Where do you see PCA racing going? Where will the most competition be next year?

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 10-12-2010, 10:48 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Where is Everyone!

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Where are all the cars for the CMP race? I was looking to see who was signed up and couldn't believe how few cars. Not only that. But what happened to spec boxster? GTB? Even C3 was low. I was looking to rent a Spec Box, but no one is signed up..?? I miss running with you guys and wanted to rent something to run, but there isn't much to run against. Economy? That's why Spec Box should be doing well...or so I thought. I've been looking at all the SE races...not much Spec Box anywhere. Where do you see PCA racing going? Where will the most competition be next year?
A good sized group of us will be at CHIN for the Dec DE at VIR. Scott (Werkstatt) is bringing two to three of his Spec Box cars. Other out of staters should be there and the CHIN format is good for track time although certainly not a race event. Maybe you should come back to VIR!?
Old 10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Steward B.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've wondered the same thing looking at the registrations for CMP.

As an FYI, PCA club racing's registrations this year, over the entire year, have been surprisingly constant compared with last year. If anything, the program is actually up a bit from last year.

Sure, some races such as Road Atlanta and VIR were down but all in all the numbers are good. The later races this fall have all been up in attendance, other than CMP, with Hallet this coming weekend way up from any previous year.

I expect there will be some racers signing up at the last minute for CMP as there have been for every race so far this year. ZBBO, I'll see you at CMP.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
A good sized group of us will be at CHIN for the Dec DE at VIR. Scott (Werkstatt) is bringing two to three of his Spec Box cars. Other out of staters should be there and the CHIN format is good for track time although certainly not a race event. Maybe you should come back to VIR!?
DE's are ok Alex. But I gotta race! I don't remember many spec boxsters at VIR either this year.
Originally Posted by Steward B.
I've wondered the same thing looking at the registrations for CMP.

As an FYI, PCA club racing's registrations this year, over the entire year, have been surprisingly constant compared with last year. If anything, the program is actually up a bit from last year.

Sure, some races such as Road Atlanta and VIR were down but all in all the numbers are good. The later races this fall have all been up in attendance, other than CMP, with Hallet this coming weekend way up from any previous year.

I expect there will be some racers signing up at the last minute for CMP as there have been for every race so far this year. ZBBO, I'll see you at CMP.
True, always some last minute guys. Still don't expect much competition in any given group. I really love CMP and this race. It was the most track time of any race! If anyone hasn't been to CMP guys, it's time to go!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by bella1
Alex - date for the event?
Old 10-12-2010, 11:24 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

DE's are ok Alex. But I gotta race! I don't remember many spec boxsters at VIR either this year.

True, always some last minute guys. Still don't expect much competition in any given group. I really love CMP and this race. It was the most track time of any race! If anyone hasn't been to CMP guys, it's time to go!
There are 22 Spec Boxes at Hallett, makes me wish I had one!!
My favorite close event, great track, people and amenities. Havent been in awhile and cant wait !
Old 10-12-2010, 12:05 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

One issue for the CMP race may be timing. It is on holloween weekend. I had considered doing that event but I have a young child who loves holloween. I'm not willing to miss a childhood event. These pass us soooo quickly and I want to be a part of her memories.

I think CMP is historically a low turnout event.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:30 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CHIN

Originally Posted by jdistefa
Alex - date for the event?
Dec 4-5. Sat/Sunday and Instructors attend free of charge! www.chinmotorsports.com The track format gives quite a bit of time although having a student will limit you some.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 PM
ApexPerformance
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
One issue for the CMP race may be timing. It is on holloween weekend. I had considered doing that event but I have a young child who loves holloween. I'm not willing to miss a childhood event. These pass us soooo quickly and I want to be a part of her memories.

I think CMP is historically a low turnout event.
Carolinas Region is encouraging the racers to set up their paddocks in the Halloween spirit, and provide a trick-or-treating atmosphere for the kids. So it's fun for the kids too. Apex Performance will have treats for the goblins at the track. Will be a fun family event for all.

Toll free: 866-505-2739
Direct: 843-299-0997
EM: info@apexperformance.net
www.apexperformance.net

Save 10% on your next order over $75 on most items- enter Promocode Rennlist on your next order or mention Rennlist during your phone order.

Visit us on Facebook
Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where are all the cars for the CMP race? I was looking to see who was signed up and couldn't believe how few cars.
Roger, I'm afraid you are the answer to your own question. People look at the roster just like you did and say "Numbers are down; why bother." It adds up.

If you're looking for bigger numbers at CMP, rent a 944 SP car. So far, there are 13 of those.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Roger,
If you are looking to rent a Spec Boxster for CMP let me know, I could get one down there for you.

Scott
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Matt,
Come on down for December, it will give you a chance to shake out your car with a few other boxsters before Sebring. Kenny will be there also and can help with setup of your new car. Congratulations!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Werkstatt
Former Vendor

Good name for a post topic "What the Heck".

So what the Heck, get a buddy to rent my car and I'll send down both cars.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:11 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

SPB is non-existent in the east. Even the mighty Road America only drew two cars.

I will be at CMP and will not miss Halloween. Three sprint races by the end of Saturday and I'll be on the road back home.

Roger: Rent a 944 or Boxster and you will have tons of cars to race against including all the SP cars, D, E, and GT5. Our race group is going to be a lot of fun. Those SP drivers are some of the best; you won't believe how fast they can go on so little hp.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:42 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

SPB is non-existent in the east. Even the mighty Road America only drew two cars.

What?? There were 13 at NJMP, 9 at Summit. It does take a bit of time for a "new to the region" class to take hold. I wouldnt be surprised to see 20 SPBs at Sebring next year.

Quick Reply: What the heck?