Sponsored by:

Schumacher says Rosberg has been getting the better car/parts. Haug confirms

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 12:40 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,054 Posts
Default Schumacher says Rosberg has been getting the better car/parts. Haug confirms

This article reveals a lot about what is going on at Mercedes GP. First, in addition to the 3 year layoff, different formula, different tires, different aero, no testing, being 41 years old, going to tracks he has never been at (Signapore) and racing at night which he has never done before, it appears the relationship with his long term partner Ross Brawn is falling apart.

Schumacher is now on record with German media that Nico Rosberg has been receiving the better car in the garage. Mercedes Motorsport Director Norbert Haug confirms this!!!

THE ARTICLE:

Schumacher: Mine and Nico's cars have not always been the same

Ironically off the back of one of his best performances since his return, under-fire record-breaking F1 legend Michael Schumacher has offered another reason to explain his off-colour form at Mercedes Grand Prix this year...
There was a time during his earlier career in the top flight when Michael Schumacher's team-mates argued they were not being provided with exactly the same equipment as the record-breaking multiple F1 World Champion – but now it appears the Schu might be on the other foot, if you'll pardon the pun.

Schumacher has been denigrated on a number of occasions this season for his alarming lack of consistency from one race to the next, and prior to Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix – ironically, one of his best performances of a generally underwhelming comeback to-date – the Mercedes Grand Prix star had lamented that the F-duct on his MGP W01 was not working the way that it should. After finishing a strong sixth at Suzuka, the German legend hinted that such issues are not an irregularity in his side of the pit garage.

“The car worked great this time,” 'Schumi' told German broadcaster RTL post-race in Japan. “Unfortunately, I cannot say it has been that way at all the races. There have often been problems – especially on my car, in terms of the consistency – that were not always noticed from the outside. You only saw that I was slower, [but] both cars have not always been the same.”

Amidst recent rumours that his seat could be in danger in 2011 as the pressure mounts on employer Mercedes to achieve solid on-track results, the 41-year-old went on to rubbish notions that the Brackley-based outfit's team principal – and his long-time ally – Ross Brawn has been openly critical of him of late.

“He didn't really criticise me,” Schumacher told Sky. “He pointed out that compared to Nico [Rosberg – team-mate] I am a little bit behind, and he is probably right. I have also criticised myself. I am still developing, even at 41!”

“I cannot disagree with Michael,” concurred Mercedes-Benz Motorsport Vice-President Norbert Haug, speaking to German newspaper Bild. “As far as the car is concerned, he is right.”
Old 10-12-2010, 03:20 AM
beentherebaby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My interpretation of the story/comments is don't try to read too much into MS's performance because on many occassions the two cars are not the same as Mercedes has struggled all season with an ill conceived design which they have admitted early on. Many times Nico and MS have qualified within a tenth so I'd call that pretty comparable performance.

Race results will vary based on many factors including traffic, pit stops, pace cars, banzai driving by certain drivers, mechanical issues, tire choice, chassis set-up etc.
Old 10-12-2010, 04:02 AM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't Webber have the same complaint only to go out and win the next race??

Given the realities of F1 budgets and time constraints it's not suprising that both cars on any given team are not exactly alike.

MS needs to stop whinning....
Old 10-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Note to Schumi: If you and your team mate have equal treatment & equipment, it's not equivalent of your team mate "getting better parts".

What a joke, they've both had inconsistency which is normal but of course now that Schumi has gotten equal treatment, he's trying to come up with the reason why he is slow.

He now has 16 races under his belt this season but he hasn't made any improvement when compared to Rosberg, how long is Mercedes GP supposed to wait? He ain't getting any younger.

As Eddie said, MS, stop whining.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,888 Likes on 973 Posts

Keep the excuses and whinging coming.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:38 AM
theporscheguy
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would hope that Mercedes can handle squabbles internally, yet by appearances that will not be the case. In F1 there is always a huge amount of pressure to succeed, and I would imagine that Schumacher is feeling it, both within himself and from the team. I for one hope that he sticks around and keeps things interesting.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:57 AM
beentherebaby
Racer

Actually Schumi did not say they were getting unequal parts or different treatment from the team. He said the cars were not always in the same configuration. He did not say Rosburg was getting better parts or treatment, he was explaining that they were running different components and configurations, which is typical when you are trying to improve performance, especially from an uncompetitive chassis. Rosburg has openly acknowledged the chassis is poor and that he and Michael both struggle to drive it.

Stating the facts is not making excuses, it's just stating the facts.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:02 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

As the saying goes, "Karma is a b1tch". You reap what you sow. Welcome to the world where both drivers are treated equal and you don't get preferential treatment. Sounds like MS is whining again.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by beentherebaby
...Stating the facts is not making excuses, it's just stating the facts.
"There have often been problems – especially on my car, in terms of the consistency – that were not always noticed from the outside. You only saw that I was slower, [but] both cars have not always been the same."

That's whining.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:33 PM
beentherebaby
Racer

^^^^ No that's stating facts. If the cars are different they are different.

They musta given Rosberg the evil car for the Japanese GP? <LOL>
Old 10-12-2010, 12:55 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
...Welcome to the world where both drivers are treated equal and you don't get preferential treatment.....
A formula invented by Ferrari if I'm not mistaken.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:04 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

call it what you will, but I'm still thankful for MS being at Suzuka considering the few laps that he fought with Rosberg was the highlight of the race. With equal credits going to Kobayashi for keeping it interesting.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:48 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
A formula invented by Ferrari if I'm not mistaken.
And perfected by Ferrari. It seemed ok when MS recieved it, but now people are up in arms because Alonso benefits from it.
How about some consistency?

Last edited by RajDatta; 10-12-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:09 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
And perfected by Ferrari. It seemed ok when MS recieved it, but now people are up in arms because Alonso benefits from it.
How about some consistency?
Benefits from what?
From there not being a clear #1 within the team until the other driver has been mathematically eliminated?
Old 10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Benefits from what?
From there not being a clear #1 within the team until the other driver has been mathematically eliminated?
No, you mean from being the #1 driver because your contract is drawn up in such manner? Isn't that what Scumi had for his entire career until now? Now all of a sudden, the complaints.
There is mathematics and then there is realistic. Massa did not have a realistic chance to get the driver's crown, that is why he was asked to pull over. Earlier in the year, the opposite was the case and Alonso was told to hold off and not attack Massa. Check the finishing order earlier in the yr, Massa finished directly ahead of Alonso twice. If team orders were in place and Alonso was #1 right from the start, Massa would have pulled over from the begining.
Why do I even bother ltc. It has been stated by just about everyone, you are extremely biased and cannot see things any other way.
Checking out....

Quick Reply: Schumacher says Rosberg has been getting the better car/parts. Haug confirms