Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 02:57 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
...If team orders were in place and Alonso was #1 right from the start, Massa would have pulled over from the begining.....
Wait a minute, wouldn't that be team orders and considered illegal?
Oh wait, been there, done that... never mind.

BTW, I never mentioned Alonso, I just mentioned Ferrari in my post above.
Why did you assume I was referring to Alonso?

You forget, I am the President of the Takuma Sato RL F1 Fan Club ... I am even going to ask him to autograph my new simulator racing seat
Old 10-12-2010, 03:15 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

And perfected by Ferrari. It seemed ok when MS recieved it, but now people are up in arms because Alonso benefits from it.
How about some consistency?
No, people were up-in-arms when Shumi benefitted too. You are just feeling it more because now it is your guy.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 500_19B
No, people were up-in-arms when Shumi benefitted too. You are just feeling it more because now it is your guy.
+1

Just like Wayne, who's all "faux this" and "faux that" with just about everyone else but when same stuff happens with Alonso, "it's different"...
Old 10-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

So you mean the corollary could be that MS received preferential treatment over Rubens while both at Ferrari? Impossible- I won't hear of it!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
"There have often been problems – especially on my car, in terms of the consistency – that were not always noticed from the outside. You only saw that I was slower, [but] both cars have not always been the same."

That's whining.
There are reasons, excuses, and whining.

I think this falls closer to excuses than it does whining.

Schumacher is not a whiner. He has not achieved 7 world driver's championship by being a whiner. He may have made some selfish or questionable decisions, but you don't become a world champion by being generous to others.

I'm not a schumy fan, but I don't apprecite such polarised comments that many of us make towards F1 drivers..
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Waaaa
Old 10-13-2010, 10:36 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 500_19B
I was never OK with it. All I say is, if it is wrong now, it was wrong then. You can't vaunt one ex WDC for the same behavior and then act disgusted when it happens to the new guy.
Raj
Old 10-13-2010, 11:25 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
Waaaa
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

I was never OK with it. All I say is, if it is wrong now, it was wrong then. You can't vaunt one ex WDC for the same behavior and then act disgusted when it happens to the new guy.
Raj
Wait, I'm confused.
So now we're saying that Alonso has benefitted from Ferrari having a #1 driver just like Schumacher benefitted from being the #1 Ferrari driver?

So, when Alonso "passed" Massa earlier in the season, he did so because he was the #1 driver or was it because Massa had already been mathematically eliminated from winning the 2010 WDC?
Old 10-13-2010, 11:54 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Wait, I'm confused.
So now we're saying that Alonso has benefitted from Ferrari having a #1 driver just like Schumacher benefitted from being the #1 Ferrari driver?

So, when Alonso "passed" Massa earlier in the season, he did so because he was the #1 driver or was it because Massa had already been mathematically eliminated from winning the 2010 WDC?
Don't be, its very simple, Massa was REALISTICALLY out of the WDC running at that point. REALISTICALLY, get it?
Read my previous post about no #1 status earlier in the yr. It shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.
There was no clear #1 when they were both REALISTICALLY in the WDC running but since Massa's lack of performance, he himself relegated his status to #2 within the team.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:57 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a party and no invitation ..............

Note to Schumi: If you and your team mate have equal treatment & equipment, it's not equivalent of your team mate "getting better parts".

What a joke, they've both had inconsistency which is normal but of course now that Schumi has gotten equal treatment, he's trying to come up with the reason why he is slow.

He now has 16 races under his belt this season but he hasn't made any improvement when compared to Rosberg, how long is Mercedes GP supposed to wait? He ain't getting any younger.

As Eddie said, MS, stop whining.

Bwaaaay ...... MS has always been a whiner, his nutters don't know that , because they have never paid attn , hence their comeback party and flop..

"There have often been problems – especially on my car, in terms of the consistency – that were not always noticed from the outside. You only saw that I was slower, [but] both cars have not always been the same."

That's whining.
+10

+1

Just like Wayne, who's all "faux this" and "faux that" with just about everyone else but when same stuff happens with Alonso, "it's different"...
Relax Finn...

Consider Germany the same as when Massa was ordered to stay behind KR in France, when he was clearly seconds faster than he was ..

Now !

When Massa moves over with an extra pitstop ....... Japan

or

Move over so he can win the WDC - Brazil ... give me a call ..... ohh there were more if you want to count Mr ...

Originally Posted by Ritter v3.4
So you mean the corollary could be that MS received preferential treatment over Rubens while both at Ferrari? Impossible- I won't hear of it!
Ohhh my .......................

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
There are reasons, excuses, and whining.

I think this falls closer to excuses than it does whining.

Schumacher is not a whiner. He has not achieved 7 world driver's championship by being a whiner. He may have made some selfish or questionable decisions, but you don't become a world champion by being generous to others.

I'm not a schumy fan, but I don't apprecite such polarised comments that many of us make towards F1 drivers..
The guy is a whiner...

He whine's a lot , like when Lehto had 2 much speed and he requested, no demanded special equipment at Benetton

He Whined when Irvine proved too fast and out qualified him in Australia , banning him from testing and viewing any telemetry , for a whole year! This stayed in place until his contract was re-negotiated making him undisputed no 1..

He whined about not being well to get back in the car and yet was caught out playing football.........

In case you missed it , that's ins fraud, as he was being paid a part of his salary while at home by his ins Co, due to his debilitating injuries .....

I won't even get into the Barichello stuff, nor the whining that took place when he was out driven by Coulthard or Montoya ...

Originally Posted by ltc
Wait, I'm confused.

No!....................

In 98 RD ordered Coulthard to move over to give Hakkinen his first victory , to right a wrong ...

Ferrari in turn was just righting a wrong....................

Feel free to list them out as we go along , according to my score sheet he needs :

1. 1275 more assisted passes to equal Faux 7
2. 3 More assisted passes to equal KR ....

Note:

At no time were KR or MS the faster car/driver when their assisted passes were made ..nor have i ever called KR a faux champion...

Only MS and Button are true Faux champions.......

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-13-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:06 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 98 Posts

Raj
Now you've lost me... I wasn't vaunting MS or disparging FA, just pointing out that many people were "not OK" when Schumi benefitted either.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:07 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,054 Posts

How did this thread degenerate into Alonso? It is not about Alonso, but rather an interesting comment from someone who normally does not offer reasons or excuses for his "inconsistancies".

People read what they want to read and don't see the whole picture. MS admitted that he is not on pace as he has struggled with many things, but most of all, the lack of grip on the front end that he had been accustom to during his 15 years in F1.

MS is not saying he should be beating Nico. He is saying he is up and down in his results because his car is not the same as Nico with more mechanical gremilins on his car (non functioning F-duct) etc that if he didn't say something, the press and fans would NEVER know about. I'd rather read about what actually happened in a race than not know about it, wouldn't everyone?

Schumacher has never had a style of whining. If you look at the tire debacle with Bridgestone in 2005, he never threw anyone under the bus, only said we need to get on with the program and work harder to improve. The same thing when Ferrari was down against McLaren or Renault, he always praised the workers back at the factory and said the whole team needs to work harder and pull together to get back on pace.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:10 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,054 Posts
Default NOT FROM SCHUMACHER, BUT RATHER THE TEAM

Mercedes admit mistake over Schumacher strategy
13 October 2010

James Vowles, Chief Strategist for Mercedes GP, has admitted – with the benefit of hindsight – Michael Schumacher should have pitted one lap later in Sunday’s Japanese Grand Prix, therefore allowing him to stay ahead of team-mate Nico Rosberg and perhaps attack an ailing Lewis Hamilton late in the race.

Schumacher found himself stuck behind Rosberg for some 25 laps before the latter crashed in Japan, with the team unable to deploy instructions for the quicker German to overtake his younger team partner (who had pitted in the opening stages and was running greater worn tyres) due to sporting regulations.

“The main driving factor to stopping Michael was Nick Heidfeld behind, who had stopped on Lap 18 and was lapping around 1:36.9, relative to Michael’s 1:37.7, closing the gap and potentially in a position to jump Michael within a few laps,” Vowles explained to F1Fanatic.co.uk.

“Had Michael had an average pit-stop, he would have come out just over two seconds ahead. One lap further on, Michael would have come out 1.3 seconds ahead. A poor stop would have put Michael at risk of losing a position to Nick.

“In the event, Michael had a competitive pit lane entry and exit, indeed the fastest of the weekend from all drivers, the result being his pit-stop was significantly faster than average, putting him closer to Nico than expected.

Schumacher’s overall pit time was the fastest of the weekend“Further considerations to stop Michael was that Nico’s performance during Laps 20 to 25 was limited by Sébastien Buemi, who was just ahead. We could see Toro Rosso were getting ready to stop Sébastien in a few laps which meant that Michael would, in all likelihood, lose his performance benefit over Nico and not be able to build the gap required for the pit-stop.

“We therefore decided that, for a potential one position gain, which could be lost if a Safety Car came out, we would prefer to guarantee the position by stopping, reducing the potential risk from a poor stop.

“However, with the benefit of hindsight, we should have kept Michael out for one further lap, putting him in a position to maintain his place over Nico and not still be at risk from Nick Heidfeld.”
Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pete this is your Pappy .....Don "Frenchie" froggylone ! Give it up son .....

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quick Reply: Schumacher says Rosberg has been getting the better car/parts. Haug confirms