Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sebring Winterfest and 48hoursatsebring

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:16 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

I'll blend right in during open practice then..maybe I should try a set of slicks to even the playing field LOL.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Yes, I'm chicken, I should be right next to the wall at the entrance at T17. Occasionally the car trail brakes a bit more then intended and I am not some comfortable to aim too close at 140Mph, I let the car go a bit much untill I am sure "I got it".
Well I can tell you that a solution to being chicken on getting close to the wall at 140 is to trade your car a Boxster. You won't have to worry about hitting 140 in that car!
Old 01-19-2011, 05:28 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,414 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I always did , 2nd and 3rd. My coach thought that I be smoother and learn to carry more corner speed in 1 gear higher, be easier on my daily driver and quicker too. I did a few laps as fast as I could in lower gear and my shiftpoints to 4th and 5th. were identical. When you look at my video's I catch the other GT3's as soon as they shift.
Data proved no speed advantage because I could not be consistently smooth. I often get the car too sideways to be fast. I just could not get on the gas early enough.
Gotcha. Obviously, I am not gonna contradict what your coach told you. However, your car in particuular has very close ratio gears that are designed to keep the RPM's in the upper third of their range. Look at your RPM's as you go from 3rd-4th-5th out of T5 or T16. Much closer to a Cup car that a standard GT3's gears. Thus, your car really struggles when it is down around 3000. I'm just saying that, if you really practice that extra downshift w/o overbraking in those spots, I believe you could pick up some "free" time. JMHO.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 01-19-2011 at 05:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by mdrums
Flat through Bishops is doable...my coach did it in my car 1 lap...but said for DE's it is not a huge time saver. I am flat out after T13 and just before Bishops I check up about 25% throttle and smoothly throttle through T14 Bishops. Also my car has zero aero bits and my skill or courage is not there for full throttle through Bishops.

If you go tighter through T17 after the turn in wall...at the 1st bridge.... it is extremely bumpy. The line Peter is useing is much smoother, faster with less chance of unsetteling the car. You'll see during a race cars going tighter but they are just protecting from someone getting under and inside of them.

Peter...your thoughts?
Ok, all I've done is race there so my DE perspective is awry.

Actually I prefer the tighter line on 17 ,less distance to travel vs wider smoother arc,I also love the big jump, rotates car and gives me a great drive out of the corner, am much closer to grass on the right and never get pinched near wall on exit as result. Just my input, worth what was paid...lol
Old 01-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

U racing the Daytona 24 this year Glen?
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Ok, all I've done is race there so my DE perspective is awry.

Actually I prefer the tighter line on 17 ,less distance to travel vs wider smoother arc,I also love the big jump, rotates car and gives me a great drive out of the corner, am much closer to grass on the right and never get pinched near wall on exit as result. Just my input, worth what was paid...lol
Thanks Glen, always love to hear different perspectives. Maybe it's car and driver dependant? That big bump/hump will fling the rear of my car around. On the other hand maybe I could anticipate this bump/hump and correct steer just perfectly? I'm not that good and for me it's just a DE and I need to dirve my car home so for now I take the smoother route through T17 under the 1st bridege.

Did I actually say smoother and T17 in the same sentance? WOW!

Maybe Sebring will repave Sebring on day? That could cause around a 50 page thread here!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, you're are my hero regardless of how you navigate 17 ......
Old 01-20-2011, 12:03 PM
John Milne
Advanced

Is there anyone from the South Texas area that is going to Sebring that has room in their trailer for a 944 short block. I am trying to get this to Ernie from Mantiss Racing.

John
Old 01-20-2011, 04:01 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Mike, you're are my hero regardless of how you navigate 17 ......
mine too
Old 01-22-2011, 01:03 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Is the race schedule posted anywhere yet? I'm trying to figure timing for being out of there Sunday night and making it to Orlando in time..
Old 01-22-2011, 01:07 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Is the race schedule posted anywhere yet? I'm trying to figure timing for being out of there Sunday night and making it to Orlando in time..
I'm not rushing it. I'm staying over Sunday night in Tampa and fly'n out early Monday.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:23 PM
ashleykalyn
Track Day

It's very exciting to see how many people from the north support the PBOC events in the south!

We're hoping you guys will be just as enthusiastic as we make our way up north to you this summer. Schedule to be posted soon
Old 01-26-2011, 01:54 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Up North?? Your in NJ not Georgia!!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:13 PM
ashleykalyn
Track Day

Yes although I'm looking out my window wishing I was in Georgia!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Lou L
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 16 Posts

The Schedule is out as well as the groups! 1 night sprint, 2 day sprints and 1 enduro - so you can drive in 4 races if you'd like. Looking forward to see alot of familiar faces - see you all next week!!!!

Lou Lipari

Quick Reply: Sebring Winterfest and 48hoursatsebring