Sponsored by:

Sebring Winterfest and 48hoursatsebring

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 PM
CWhaley
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Holy cow...PCA let you run in shorts?????
Not shorts... A Kilt!
Old 02-04-2011, 10:38 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love how Mark said something about a fast 911 that was falling apart and Glen immediatley knew it was Musante's.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:58 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Dang Mark you'd think they could get a power steering pump in correctly. Sorry to here about your issues. I'm driving over on Saturday...see ya!
Old 02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

Guys, I know you are cold in upper non Florida, but it is really too hot to wear a race suit. That and I have not seen any fire ***** in DE..

Mike, see you later. Our last session is at 11:45AM! today.

Great fun weekend. PCA guys gave Art a present for his 16 years of leading the groups out on track for the first lap. Art was a bit ticked off because he brought his hocky puck street tires instead of his usual Hoosiers because he thought it was going to rain. Complained that he could not stop or turn his 996 Turbo 6speed. He was still hauling *** though....
Oh, they also gave him his present (Framed pic of his car at Sebring + a brick in his honor) because despite is youthful 87!! years old he was saying that this might be his last attendance to the 48hoursatsebring, but that's what he says every year. See you next year Art!

The first session in the fog was slower then the parade lap. I could see a hell of a lot more then running at night. 'nuf said.

Second session was really crazy busy, first time point by everywhere PCA national I guess........
I came upon cars still practicing driving side by side wondering why no point by.

Every session was black flagged for some reason or another, including this second one today with a car running out of room in T17 :-(
FF to 5 sconds before the end of the youtube.

He made a great correction, but could not recover it :-(, Scary stuff, but the driver was OK and the car was not too badly damaged. We all have or all will...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q4-sOAZOUc

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 02-05-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Brinkley
Pro

Peter...

Point by everywhere... except everywhere!

T9-on looked like the first lap of an ALL GREEN GROUP. I hope the stewards pulled whoever was leading that 60mph train in and readdressed the concept of point by everywhere?

Warn everyone who watches the video above that the spin occurs coming out of 17 and is 5 seconds from the end of the 13 min video.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Peter put on You suit, seen 3 fireballs at DE's, also 2 deaths in Ca DE's(wasn't there, 1 was lack of HANS, not sure of the other but believe it was injuries from impact). Enhance Your odds, WE LOVE YOU MAN!!!

New car is quick isn't it!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:32 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
Peter put on You suit, seen 3 fireballs at DE's, also 2 deaths in Ca DE's(wasn't there, 1 was lack of HANS, not sure of the other but believe it was injuries from impact). Enhance Your odds, WE LOVE YOU MAN!!!

New car is quick isn't it!
2 words: Cool Shirt
Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 AM
Food Angel
Off-Topic Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool shirts are key. Even better, it gives you an excuse to get a grid girl who can fetch ice for you.
Old 02-05-2011, 11:08 AM
va122
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need an umbrella for when I'm on grid too
Old 02-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Guys, I know you are cold in upper non Florida, but it is really too hot to wear a race suit. That and I have not seen any fire ***** in DE..

Mike, see you later. Our last session is at 11:45AM! today.

Great fun weekend. PCA guys gave Art a present for his 16 years of leading the groups out on track for the first lap. Art was a bit ticked off because he brought his hocky puck street tires instead of his usual Hoosiers because he thought it was going to rain. Complained that he could not stop or turn his 996 Turbo 6speed. He was still hauling *** though....
Oh, they also gave him his present (Framed pic of his car at Sebring + a brick in his honor) because despite is youthful 87!! years old he was saying that this might be his last attendance to the 48hoursatsebring, but that's what he says every year. See you next year Art!

The first session in the fog was slower then the parade lap. I could see a hell of a lot more then running at night. 'nuf said.

Second session was really crazy busy, first time point by everywhere PCA national I guess........
I came upon cars still practicing driving side by side wondering why no point by.

Every session was black flagged for some reason or another, including this second one today with a car running out of room in T17 :-(

He made a great correction, but could not recover it :-(, Scary stuff, but the driver was OK and the car was not too badly damaged. We all have or all will...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4q4-sOAZOUc
Car on fire right now on CR.net at Sebring...PUT ON YOUR DAMN SUIT....!
Old 02-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Veloce Raptor
Team Owner

Received 1,539 Likes on 812 Posts

Even if you don't wear a suit...I cannot believe PCA would allow shorts. Hell, they don't allow shorts here in Texas when it is 105 degrees. WTF?

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 02-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Brinkley
Pro

I don't have a dog in this hunt but I do remember when the revolution started here in the SunCoast Region of PCA which uses Sebring as their home track.

It started when multiple non-PCA driving clubs started assessing the true benefits of making a driver wear pants and long sleeves in the hot humid summers of FL. Many drivers where becoming dehydrated and getting clouded minds due to the humid heat. Many physicians and trauma docs stated "they have never seen pants and cotton long sleeves save someone in a fire". Therefore the idea of keeping the driver cooler meant keeping the driver fresher for making better decisions.

Now, I did not make the call nor did I help shape that thought process. I was just around to hear the debates. So as other non-PCA clubs adopted this position and most of the PCA DE'ers run in these other clubs it was slowly introduced as an idea within PCA.

At least that is how I remember "El Revolution!"

I wear my full fire suit, gloves, and shoes when I'm on the track regardless of the temp outside.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=Veloce Raptor;8274826]Even if you don't wear a suit...I cannot believe PCA would allow shorts. Hell, they don't allow shorts here in Texas when it is 105 degrees. WTF?

It is up to the event chair, as stated, they can allow drivers to wear shorts and shirtsleeve tee-shirts
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

The crash is 5 seconds from the end of the film ;-)
Edited above. Sorry I was to lazy to edit it shorter.

Thanks for the love, I'll wear my suit when it is cold enough to not get a heat stroke. It's 80 and humid here today.
Cool suit sounds nice, but more crap to lug around, strap in/on and I can barely keep my beer cool as it is... You should see me try to get in and out of my suit without assistance, you'd understand.
An Ice/beer/umbrella girl sounds nice, but unlikely to happen.

I think that pretty much all DE organizers allow shorts and short sleeves as long as the track allows it.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:27 PM
Chris Alvarado
Instructor

Originally Posted by Glen
Car on fire right now on CR.net at Sebring...PUT ON YOUR DAMN SUIT....!
Yeah, I was one of the guys who responded to that fire. I was standing looking at one of the safety workers. For some odd reason she didn't take off running. I sprinted to steal her fire bottle. When there is a fire you don't just stand there and watch.

Quick Reply: Sebring Winterfest and 48hoursatsebring