Sponsored by:

Spec Boxster for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 02:32 PM
txhansen
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec Boxster for Sale

I have listed in the classified section as well but was unable to get a picture to load. The car has all the standard SpecBoxster stuff (lightweight fly wheel, under pulley conversion etc) + x51 oil pan, fire bottle system and 2 sets of tires and wheels with a 3rd set of sticker tires. I am asking $32k for the car not including the traqmate. Car is located in Dallas area.

I can be reached at 214-632-2519 if anyone is interested.

Thanks,
Rich
Old 10-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts

Rich,

Oh no! Are you going to run a different car? I hope you are not stepping out of racing. Best wishes and I hope you can conclude a transaction quickly.

Toby
Old 10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
txhansen
Advanced

Hi Toby,

I plan on moving back to Spec Miata. I love the Spec Boxsters and the people I have raced with my big challenge is schedule. With 4 PCA potential races per year (including Hallett and Topeka or High Plains) I end up only able to make 2-3 max given work and personal schedule conflicts. With SM there are 15 races in Texas alone so it makes my scheduling problems much easier to work out with a guarantee of 20+ cars no matter what races I attend.

Hope to see you at the track again soon.
Rich
Old 10-06-2010, 10:57 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by txhansen
Hi Toby,

I plan on moving back to Spec Miata. I love the Spec Boxsters and the people I have raced with my big challenge is schedule. With 4 PCA potential races per year (including Hallett and Topeka or High Plains) I end up only able to make 2-3 max given work and personal schedule conflicts. With SM there are 15 races in Texas alone so it makes my scheduling problems much easier to work out with a guarantee of 20+ cars no matter what races I attend.
Interesting point. GL with the sale.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:15 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't sell it feel free to bring it out to the NASA Texas events, you can run in Spec Boxster there or in GTS with it. At the last race of the season, at ECR, we were suppose to have 4 Spec Boxsters although 2 had some issues that didn't allow them to make it but the other 2 seemed to have fun and good racing with each other and some other 911's and BMW's. I saw one Boxster and a BMW swap positions back and forth a few times during the races.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Pm sent
Old 10-07-2010, 01:17 AM
BigKraut
Instructor

Originally Posted by txhansen
Hi Toby,

Hope to see you at the track again soon.
Rich
Sorry to see you go, Rich. Sure you don't want to wait and see if NASA comes to their senses? If they weren't so stubborn and allowed either the square or staggered set-up the fields here in Texas would equal what they are in PCA (16-18 SPBs).

Sounds like they have the same issue in 944 Super Cup with their HMFIC. Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:51 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

So if everyone ran the tire size they wanted and no one protested anyone for it, who would notice ? Or if you don't like that then .......
Just come have fun with us, race Spec Box or GTS2, only a few cars in GTS2 anyway and I am sure they would welcome the competition. Only hurting yourself when you don't get as many opportunities to race at different local area tracks. Save yourself the big travel costs of going to far away tracks and do more races per year at the great Texas tracks we have so close to us.
Bring the cars, then sway NASA National by having the car count at the events to make a difference.

Just my own personal thoughts, not affiliated with NASA.

Originally Posted by BigKraut
Sorry to see you go, Rich. Sure you don't want to wait and see if NASA comes to their senses? If they weren't so stubborn and allowed either the square or staggered set-up the fields here in Texas would equal what they are in PCA (16-18 SPBs).

Sounds like they have the same issue in 944 Super Cup with their HMFIC. Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Carrera51
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 157 Likes on 98 Posts

I thought the tire thing was resolved with NASA.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:16 AM
txhansen
Advanced

I was one of the three cars at the NASA event and all of us ran square. I have no concerns about whether NASA TX will allow us to run square as they clearly will. My concern is will the group show up to race with NASA or are most people married to PCA. I have been hoping people would support NASA then I would stay with Boxster but on a weekend in Dallas with the best weather you could ask for only 3 of us showed up. The lack of participation at the NASA event is what has pushed me to my decision. I would love to be proven wrong but on what I thought would be a good way for people to put their toe in the NASA waters almost no one showed up. I was able to mix it up with a few other cars but I joined a spec class to race against like cars so that is my strong preference.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:49 AM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

I think people prepare mentally for their race season in advance and I think this last end of season race at ECR is just the beginning of what is to come. I believe next year you will see a much better turnout at NASA Texas events for the Spec Boxsters.
You probably know better than I that a couple Spec Boxsters that were suppose to be there didn't make it due to some car issues. As well, I think many had already planned on attending the Hallett race this coming weekend so they didn't want to risk missing that race.

IMHO the Spec Box class,especially here in Texas, is going to continue to grow and offer many more great racing opportunites in both PCA and NASA.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:22 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
I think people prepare mentally for their race season in advance and I think this last end of season race at ECR is just the beginning of what is to come. I believe next year you will see a much better turnout at NASA Texas events for the Spec Boxsters.
You probably know better than I that a couple Spec Boxsters that were suppose to be there didn't make it due to some car issues. As well, I think many had already planned on attending the Hallett race this coming weekend so they didn't want to risk missing that race.

IMHO the Spec Box class,especially here in Texas, is going to continue to grow and offer many more great racing opportunites in both PCA and NASA.
That's exactly right. I'll definitely try NASA next year, but couldn't get the logistics together to run ECR last weekend on short notice. Hopefully, someone will buy Rich's car and take it Hallett this weekend.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:31 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 453 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKraut

I talked to Rich about this over the weekend when he ran with us at NASA. The issue in TX is not NASA, as the tire issue is resolved here. The issue is the rest of you did not come out to play so there were only 2 other cars to race with. My imression is, and Rich can correct me if I am wrong, if he were more confident that more PCAers would run with NASA then he would stay with the series.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:10 PM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't run SPBOX (I'm racing SM), but it seems that running SPBOX would be a great position to be in because you could run both PCA and NASA in Texas. Granted the NASA SPBOX fields aren't very large yet, but it could certainly grow with some of the SPBOX guys evangelizing it. And if it does, then you have a lot of races to pick from in the region between PCA/NASA. I think the biggest reason that there were only 3 this past weekend was that Hallet is 2 weeks afterwards and nobody wants to risk the car with only 2 weeks to recover if something breaks. Other NASA races may not have that schedule conflict with PCA. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents from someone who doesn't even race SPBOX. But if you do join SM, that will be fun too. I'll see you out there!
Old 10-07-2010, 02:18 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

FWIW, NASA TX offers five races each year in Texas (MSR-H, MSR-C TWS-X2, ECR), and one at Hallett. Add that to the local PCA races, and you can have a pretty full season without having to haul your car all over creation. Good folks and good racing too.

Quick Reply: Spec Boxster for Sale