Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Porsches at the Point" (Porsche Racing Club at Sears Point) This Weekend

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 111 Posts
Default "Porsches at the Point" (Porsche Racing Club at Sears Point) This Weekend

This weekend (October 9 and 10, 2010) is the Porsche Racing Club's (PRC) eighth annual season-ender at Sears Point in Sonoma, CA, run under NASA sanction.

The PRC participates in a series of high quality racing events that are both competitive and fun. GT and Stock/Production classes are similar to those used in the Porsche Club of America's Club Racing program. In addition, the Series features two "specification" classes for Porsche 911 racing cars: Spec 911 and GT Limited.
Limited.

Introduced during 2002, the Series’ Spec 911 Class is structured for Porsche 911 racing cars with 2.7, 3.0 and 3.2 liter engines, and allows a limited range of modifications. The Class has grown tremendously through the years, with 20 or more competitors at many events. The Spec 911 Class was added to the PCA Club Racing program in 2009.

The GT Limited Class provides a somewhat cost-reduced, competitive specification for 911 and 914 GT cars with modifications that are beyond the scope of the Series’ Stock/Production and Spec 911 Classes. Both classes offer exciting and competitive racing with cost-containment in mind, and racers earn points toward season championships.

This weekend's event will include:

Two Porsche Racing Club racing groups, with a practice/warm-up, qualifying session and sprint races both
days.

One Historic Stock Car Racing Series (HSCRS) race group.

Mixed-marque NASA Time Trial and High Performance Driver's Education (HPDE) groups.

See www.nasaproracing.com/event/1119 for details. There is still time to sign up! If you cannot drive or race, come out and watch and visit with drivers and teams.
Spectators will see some great racing and some neat cars.

Will you be there? If so, stop by and say hi.

- Mike
Porsche Racing Club #4

The Porsche Racing Challenge Series is sponsored by Fred’s Place (Mountain View, CA), Reno Rennsport (Sparks, NV), Ball Renegade/TPD (National City, CA), Jerry Woods Enterprises and SmartRacing Products (Campbell, CA), Rothsport Racing (Tualatin, OR), SCARGO Racing (San Raphael, CA), Commercial Coverage Insurance (San Francisco, CA), Jay Jarvis Autosport (Sonoma, CA), IBP-Autosport (Sacramento, CA), Hotel Majestic (San Francisco, CA), Provino Premium Wines (Santa Rosa, CA), QuantyaUSA (Syosset, NY ) and several individuals.

Last edited by Mahler9th; 10-05-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,813 Likes on 2,382 Posts

mike, looking forward to the return of #4.
i'll stay out of your way.

btw, how are the classes split into the two race group?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:10 PM
quickxotica
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 86 Posts

BTW: PCA is also running a DE the Friday before (that's 3 days from now). Proabably not too late to register if you move fast.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, the Friday PCA-Golden Gate Region Event is an excellent driving opportunity. And the GGR instructors are some of the best around.

The tentative schedule and race groupings for the weekend can be found on the NASA web site.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:35 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by quickxotica
BTW: PCA is also running a DE the Friday before (that's 3 days from now). Proabably not too late to register if you move fast.
oh, that's DONE long ago. see ya there.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:20 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

I'll be there on Friday just hanging out...
Old 10-06-2010, 01:53 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

matt, you should bring a GT2 LSD for raffle price.
i think i am the only one in the raffle ;-)
Old 10-06-2010, 10:33 AM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
matt, you should bring a GT2 LSD for raffle price.
i think i am the only one in the raffle ;-)
I'm flying carry-on. Something tells me homeland security isn't gonna let me through with a 22lb hunk of metal.

Come to the 48 Hours of Sebring in February. We auctioned off a differential there last year. Who knows what this year will bring...
Old 10-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

GT Gears/Matt:

Would like to meet you and discuss differentials. I will be there Friday afternoon, hoping to unload and prep for the weekend's races... not sure where I will be parked, but I have the only red enclosed Trailex trailer you will see towed by a Tundra. By late afternoon I should be over near the gas pumps. My .race car is a 911 with a big wing on the back... #4.

- Mike
Old 10-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Just a reminder about this weekend at Sears Point. Stop by Friday and visit with the PCA Golden Gate Region folks... they have a driver's education event. Lots of excellent track drivers and racers are or have been in the GGR. Many GGR members supported the world championship 935 teams run out of Mt. View in the late 70's and early 80's. More recently, pro Porsche racers like Kevin Buckler and Johannes Van Overbeek trained in the GGR. Lots of "gentlemen" racers as well, for example of couple of guys that achieved third overall in a GT3-based car at Daytona in their first and only try.

And Saturday and Sunday the Porsche Racing Club will be racing under NASA sanction in the 8th annual Porsches at the Point. So far we have nearly a dozen GT cars, about a half dozen factory cars (Cups and R/RS/RSR), six cars in our GT Limited Class, 23 (!!!) cars in our Spec 911 class. And there are 10 944 Spec cars and a couple of Spec Boxsters rounding out the entry list.

There is still time to sign up. Or just drop in to watch some great racing.

Quick Reply: "Porsches at the Point" (Porsche Racing Club at Sears Point) This Weekend