Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great race - Jason Barfield (barfly)

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 05:04 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Great race - Jason Barfield (barfly)

4th in DSR at the runoffs. Lap times in there with the 2nd/3rd place cars but he was gapped at the start.

Great job!!! Keep it up for SRF.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Yep, he got caught out on the turn 1 spin by a competitor and had to hustle back to 4th. Woulda made it a heck of a race for 2nd if that hadn't taken place.

Great run by Loshak for the win.

Makes up for the joke of a race that SM turned out to be. 2 FCY and finished under double yellow.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:08 PM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the finish!

The 2nd/3rd place race was a good one. Almost thought for a second it would come down to who got thru traffic cleaner.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:21 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Bring in the green/white/checker to SM!! Although the whole race wasn't a bust.... P1-3 three wide on last lap I heard?
Old 09-24-2010, 05:21 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Yep, he got caught out on the turn 1 spin by a competitor and had to hustle back to 4th. Woulda made it a heck of a race for 2nd if that hadn't taken place.

Great run by Loshak for the win.

Makes up for the joke of a race that SM turned out to be. 2 FCY and finished under double yellow.
Great, I buy my SRF and it turns into SM! Any more details?
Old 09-24-2010, 06:49 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
Great, I buy my SRF and it turns into SM! Any more details?
I think Joe was describing the DSR race, not SRF.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:03 PM
Professor Helmüt Tester
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 11 Posts

...although SRF does figure into the SM race...the SM winner, and 2nd place, have lengthy prior histories in SRF - Congrats to "Von Charb" on his first nat'l championship. "Gorilla" Gorriaran, winner in 2009, finished 2nd. Not their fault that there was carnage back in the field.

Must have been some big bad mojo...Drago finished well-back, and Steyn was out after 5 laps. Der Professor wishes he was watching.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:52 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by APKhaos
I think Joe was describing the DSR race, not SRF.
No, the Spec Miata race. It was shaping up to be a heck of a race for 1st between the top three and two FCY with one being at the end really killed the race. SRF only has 30some cars so it should be a bit better this year.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:05 AM
Barfly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I was attempting an outside pass on Garrett through turn 1 which would have put me in 3rd, but he lifted and spun. I tried to go further outside, but he rolled back and took my exhaust off. My race pace was without exhaust, and I was closing a little on P2/3 despite the issue. We ran mid 2:04s and the fast lap was a high 2:03.

Very bizarre weekend in that we didn't get a single hot lap without traffic or an incident. Our pace was quite a bit below pole but no one knew it. We had a rolling 1:59.2 during Q3 and we were about to put down a pole lap, but we lost a left front wheel bearing in the carousel. We instead qualified 5th.

**** happens. Garrett is a good friend and I know he feels horrible for what happened. Congrats to the winner and thanks guys for watching. I'll try and put something together for SRF. The field is very strong, and anyone in the top 5-10 could win. I have an advantage in that Mike is right beside me (national champ) and we will try and push towards the front together.

_______
Jason
Old 09-25-2010, 11:43 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Barfly
Thanks guys. I was attempting an outside pass on Garrett through turn 1 which would have put me in 3rd, but he lifted and spun. I tried to go further outside, but he rolled back and took my exhaust off. My race pace was without exhaust, and I was closing a little on P2/3 despite the issue. We ran mid 2:04s and the fast lap was a high 2:03.

Very bizarre weekend in that we didn't get a single hot lap without traffic or an incident. Our pace was quite a bit below pole but no one knew it. We had a rolling 1:59.2 during Q3 and we were about to put down a pole lap, but we lost a left front wheel bearing in the carousel. We instead qualified 5th.

**** happens. Garrett is a good friend and I know he feels horrible for what happened. Congrats to the winner and thanks guys for watching. I'll try and put something together for SRF. The field is very strong, and anyone in the top 5-10 could win. I have an advantage in that Mike is right beside me (national champ) and we will try and push towards the front together.

_______
Jason
Thanks for the insight.

WOW on the flying lap. Rather appropriate as the first car to break 2:00 at RA was the 917/30. Amazing to think that a 1,000cc 200+ HP car can duplicate that feat.

Good luck in the SRF race. I know Mike pretty well - certainly aggressive as you would expect, but he is a very clean driver.

Quick Reply: Great race - Jason Barfield (barfly)