Sponsored by:

NCCAR ROCKS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 79 Posts
Default NCCAR ROCKS!!!

Just spent yesterday with BMWCCA Tidewater chapter at the new North Carolina Center for Automotive Research instructing. All I can say is WOW!!! What a fun, technical track... If you get the chance to run with a group there, do it. I had a lot of fun in the SPECMiata and will take the 996TT next time... Can't wait to see how the facility turns out when "complete"...

http://nccar.us/

Mike
Old 09-12-2010, 09:40 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Give me 20 more days there and and I think I might get close to being able to get around this place. Yesterday was a blast....
Old 09-12-2010, 10:02 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TedA
Give me 20 more days there and and I think I might get close to being able to get around this place. Yesterday was a blast....
Hey, that track looks unlike any track I have ever run before, and I am not sure why. Is is because it is in a big wide open field? Can you tell me why this track is so hard to get around for you? I am interested to hear more about your experience.

BTW, is this the track that had the bad incident earlier this year?

Thanks in advance for any info!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Don't know about Ted, but I got in a rythem quickly in the miata and really had a great time... It's definitely a vision Up kinda track and you are looking out the door window more often than you'd expect to. By the 3rd session I was drafting with Stephan in our Miatas down the front straight and I had to lift repeatedly so I wouldn't bump draft him. Figured that would be bad, since he had a passenger!

Really enjoyed that track. TON of oppportunity to practice throttle steering in the counter-clockwise configuration, and it was relatively easy on brakes... Only a few spots I'd be concerned with going off at, too!

Mike
Old 09-12-2010, 10:55 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

That sounds like fun! I was at the Glen with Stephan several weeks ago running some Miatas. Good fun!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:47 AM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
Can you tell me why this track is so hard to get around for you? I am interested to hear more about your experience.
I have only actually driven the track 2 runs CCW, 2 runs CW. I had difficulty with the lack of visuals (no gators, wide open field....). Getting 6 runs in on Saturday in the right hand seat helped me alot. Great facility for DE's with a limited number of vehicles. I instructed in Green and we only had 10 cars, so plenty of room to work with.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:21 AM
David in VA
Instructor

I had a lot of fun too, by the end of the day started to get the hang of the track and really enjoying it. Riding with a student actually helped a lot in figuring it out. The short ride home was icing on the cake. Always good to see the usual crew, see you guys in a couple of weeks at FSR.

David
Old 09-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Was telling someone today how much fun it was and how easy a "tow" home it was...

Yup, see you at FSR!!

Mike

Quick Reply: NCCAR ROCKS!!!