Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Petit LeMans advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010 | 12:24 AM
cannon1000
Three Wheelin'

I spent the night in the Tsunami last year. The tent flooded and I moved into the back of my truck. Next day had to be towed out by a Jeep. Good times!

Spending the night out there again and will have a tent with food and drink that my company will be sponsoring. Usually just inside turn 10.

I'll be bringing my 911...may also have a support vehicle infield near the tent as well.

Can we add a Petit Le Mans sticky thread until it is over? Good to coordinate some Meet and Greets to fellow rennlisters.
Old 09-03-2010 | 05:22 AM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

From: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Default THURSDAY, 12 NOON, OUTSIDE OF PORSCHEPLATZ...

Originally Posted by cannon1000
I spent the night in the Tsunami last year. The tent flooded and I moved into the back of my truck. Next day had to be towed out by a Jeep. Good times!

Spending the night out there again and will have a tent with food and drink that my company will be sponsoring. Usually just inside turn 10.

I'll be bringing my 911...may also have a support vehicle infield near the tent as well.

Can we add a Petit Le Mans sticky thread until it is over? Good to coordinate some Meet and Greets to fellow rennlisters.
Jeez, Cannon, for the 'sacrifices' you are making 'for your company', one might think THE COMPANY could comp or provide you a discount for your admission.
That is, unless you happen to be CEO of said company... then this plan is not so effective! Wait -- that's the other thread...

Regarding coordinating a Rennlist gtg -- what we have (successfully and unsuccessfully) done in the past, suggest a time, eg, 12 noon, Thursday, and perhaps again Friday, when the track goes cold for lunch, to meet outside of the Porscheplatz -- for those members who may not have admission to that venue and for the courtesy of those who do. By meeting Thursday, plans for subsequent gtg's can be made during the rest of the event, if so desired.

This is a time when you might actually have a chance to hear the folks you are meeting!

THURSDAY, 12 NOON, OUTSIDE OF THE PORSCHEPLATZ... that's my suggestion.

I'll be bouncing around between all of the Corrals. I welcome the opportunity to meet up, as scheduling permits.

Soon!
Kim
Old 09-03-2010 | 07:58 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Anything later in the weekend in terms of a meet & greet? We won't arrive at RA til 9 AM Friday.
Old 09-03-2010 | 09:43 AM
007DT
Drifting

Originally Posted by pickering993
Anything later in the weekend in terms of a meet & greet? We won't arrive at RA til 9 AM Friday.
+1
Old 09-03-2010 | 10:40 AM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

How is Friday @ noon, then?
Or whenever you suggest... I just offered up a 'quiet window.'

Another thing to keep in mind, although I don't think Braselton is as bad -- cell phones notoriously have patchy use from typical track locations.

YMMV
Old 09-03-2010 | 10:51 AM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Just because you don't have a Porscheplatz sticker, doesn't mean you cna't join us in the tent - it just means you can't PARK in the corral.

Stop by the tent, register and get an arm band (preferable you are a Porsche owner, or we'll sick the Porsche dealer guys on you to become one), then you can enjoy the Porscheplatz hospitality. The more registrations we get, the better it looks to PCNA (who pays for it all) and the more we can do year after year.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 09-03-2010 | 09:44 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

This is a phenomenal event. Next time I do it it's an Rv in the woods... Definitely do the porscheplatz we had all the PMNA guys and the Lizard drivers come by for a visit. A cart is a great idea if you can lock down your gear on it all the better. Just be ready for rain, and that mud gets everywhere!....lucky bastard. wish I could do it this year...unless you're at the chateau the hotels are pretty plain, but at breakfast you will run into all kinds of people including teams and drivers. Racing into the night is very cool. Get your rest the day before and keep a thermos of coffee for the morning... Have fun!
Old 09-04-2010 | 10:55 PM
Bob C.
Instructor

Chris, the golf cart is a wise move. Friday night, leave it with the guys at Mid-Florida Golf Cars so you can be sure it won't wander off during the drunken hours. Pick it back up first thing Saturday morning...they're usually up by 7am.
Old 09-06-2010 | 12:05 PM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Probably a silly question, but how & where do I get a Porscheplatz pass?
Old 09-06-2010 | 06:33 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Probably a silly question, but how & where do I get a Porscheplatz pass?
see post #14 if you want to park in the corral.
If not, just stop by the tent and register. we'll give you a wristband which becomes your 'pass' and you're in.

No purchase neccessary, void where prohibited

Seriously, just stop by and register.

Tent is located on the right side of the road past the bridge on the infield.
Old 09-06-2010 | 09:28 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

I called Road Atlanta directly for Tickets and Porscheplatz parking pass. They arrived last week, we are getting close to race day!
Old 09-09-2010 | 07:42 AM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Default "WE'RE GOING TO NEED A BIGGER TRACK". . . ;)

Forty-five cars head for the grid at The Petit Le Mans!

Largest field in seven years!!

ALMS - HUGE GRID SET FOR THE PETIT LE MANS

~Doc

Last edited by RSKY BIZ; 09-09-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2010 | 11:47 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I'm actually surprised it's 'only' 45, I was on the phone with our IMSA contact last week and he thought it was 47 registered, and they are still expecting 50+. But we still have some time to go.

Should be great.
Old 09-12-2010 | 11:20 AM
TrackdayRSA.
Rennlist Member

Wow, this is shaping up to be an epic race
Old 09-12-2010 | 03:25 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

an additional question would be (and hugely variable by person) where's the best place to watch from???

Quick Reply: Petit LeMans advice