Sponsored by:

Rally driving at a PCA race..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
So all recent Cup car owners are the rich & not as talented as the "momentum car" drivers prototype... you are pathetic. Why not a 2011 then ?

You are right, this forum should be allowed only to 20 years old "momentum cars" ;0)

I'm done with this crap. Have fun.
Hmmm, got an inferiority complex that you try and mask with money? I was being serious, I saw your car list and assumed you get a new Cup car each year.... and you call ME pathetic?

Oh, and my car is 32 years old...

Last edited by Gary R.; 08-30-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
This thread has epic potential. Subscribed.
Quick, someone insult me please!
Kitty's are Ghey.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:22 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
This thread has epic potential. Subscribed.
Quick, someone insult me please!
Dave, if you are planning to race Spec Boxsters next year, you got your work cut out for you........

Very competitive class...... and that is just the facts......
Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
Kitty's are Ghey.
Thanks Gary. I was feeling unloved.

And Paolo,...it's threads like this that make me rethink wanting to run the Pawxster in Club Racing!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:27 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

FWIW:

I'm not very good at analyzing videos, but as best I can tell, I agree with VR. You're behind the car. Better anticipation of that the car is going to do could probably have avoided both incidents.

You (and the Cayman) were very lucky on the second "spin" while attempting to pass the Cayman. That could have easily been a 13 for you, and expensive repairs for both of you. I'm fairly new to racing, and maybe this is wrong, but in my opinion, you should be under complete control when attempting a pass. Take chances when you are clear of other cars, are trying to catch someone, and can be relatively safe if you lose it. Being on the edge at a time like that is a recipe for disaster. I know something about disasters, believe me.

I know Rob (jakermc), highly regard his driving and his opinions, and agree that a series director should at least check in with you and urge a bit more caution on your part. That said, it did look like on the first spin at least you bailed out rather than fighting it. That in my opinion is a good move that rescued you from a bad one. So I'm not sure I agree that four off necessarily is worse than a spin.

I also agree with Charlie and jakermc's comments about first finishing. One of the few things I seem to be good at in racing is driving in the rain. I have some ability to be fast in that condition. I also have an ability to stay on the track, and I have used it in the past to pass people. Driving the car to the edge of it's ability is good. Driving at the edge of your ability is probably not. It's hard when you are a competitive person to keep within yourself sometimes, but it is actually part of competing.

Just my $.02
Old 08-30-2010, 10:28 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

He has a lot of friends.
Some of them are even real.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmmm, got an inferiority complex that you try and mask with money? I was being serious, I saw your car list and assumed you get a new Cup car each year.... and you call ME pathetic?

Damn Gary if I could get a new Cup of every Year I would not think twice...... ERrr maybe I would tighten the budget a year or two to get an RSR.

Paolo, I owe you a straw hat.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

When you were right on the tail of the cars you were spending a lot of time staring at their bumper and not looking ahead and through the turn. Very easy to see when the cars in front of you run off line, especially around 28s. Definitely something that will come with time but it's a very common mistake early on in racing that IMO helps cause a lot of the issues that you were having. Time spent watching the other guy screwing up left you behind your own mistakes.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your inputs guys.....

I am new at this, and yes, I have lots of video of me passing higher classed cars........but that is not the point here...... I am not looking for the stroking.........

I seek input to learn from my mistakes, how to prevent them and how to learn from them.......

If you have constructive criticism please advice.......if you are here to tell me I am a horrible driver, I already know that.......

Joe, good point......
Old 08-30-2010, 10:58 PM
U4EEAH
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
When you were right on the tail of the cars you were spending a lot of time staring at their bumper and not looking ahead and through the turn. Very easy to see when the cars in front of you run off line, especially around 28s. Definitely something that will come with time but it's a very common mistake early on in racing that IMO helps cause a lot of the issues that you were having. Time spent watching the other guy screwing up left you behind your own mistakes.
+++1 Paolo, I have seen so much of your driving, and it is so much better than those offs. Just drive YOUR car. You seem to be getting caught up in "racing", and "chasing" other guys. Don't do it. Ignore the cars in front and just drive your best and you will catch and pass them. Focus on anything other than your driving and it all goes to hell.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

I sincerely hope you have the chance to do the same one day. Hopefully, people won't look at you as a retarded looser as you do.
Wow..... dude are you that insecure to call people names?

I am sure Bob R. wouldn't be very proud of you............

You are a rookie racer in a cup car no?.........

You must really be something hot....... wait...

you were the one whining about Carlos in the Cayman S at Mosport right?...........
Old 08-30-2010, 11:13 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by U4EEAH
+++1 Paolo, I have seen so much of your driving, and it is so much better than those offs. Just drive YOUR car. You seem to be getting caught up in "racing", and "chasing" other guys. Don't do it. Ignore the cars in front and just drive your best and you will catch and pass them. Focus on anything other than your driving and it all goes to hell.
Thanks Kevin, sorry to hear about your gearbox in the sprints starts.......

You were looking smoking fast out there.....
Old 08-30-2010, 11:16 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

I sincerely hope you have the chance to do the same one day. Hopefully, people won't look at you as a retarded looser as you do.
Now you are deleting your posts?........

An apology to Gary would have proved you more of a man......
Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Wow..... dude are you that insecure to call people names?

I am sure Bob R. wouldn't be very proud of you............

You are a rookie racer in a cup car no?.........

You must really be something hot....... wait...

you were the one whining about Carlos in the Cayman S at Mosport right?...........
You are right. I should spend my time on something more important. I didn't realize that I was interfering in a related friends discussion. Have fun.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:20 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Charlie - I was stating the facts, that Paolo knows nothing of the formula and just that his car dyno'd at 210 to the wheels. He wasn't trying to BS you, as far as he knows YOU are talking RWHP. My point was before calling someone a liar maybe try and understand where he is coming from. That's it...
Gary, I'm a bit ticked that you have said twice that I am calling someone a liar. I do not think he is lying, I think he is wrong. If you do not know the difference, then keep quiet. I'm sure he believes his car is making "210 hp". He even has a dyno sheet to prove it.

The facts are: Paolo posts asking for advice, doesn't take it, tries to compare his obviously faster car to mine as if mine is faster, and you say I'm calling him a liar because I know the difference between crank hp and rwhp and the approximate stock hp values of a Boxster and Carrera? I know my stuff, he doesn't, and you're making accusations of me?

Quick Reply: Rally driving at a PCA race..........