Rally driving at a PCA race..........

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Dudes need to listen to the Food Angel.
She does seem to have a calming influence on me...
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera51
Paolo:
Unlock the video. I am late to this party and did not get to see it.

In my opinion spins happen on occasion. I haven't spun or put a car off in 5 races this year. Did both in the enduro Sunday on the same lap. Jumped in a car I have never driven and a track I haven't driven. Spun in 5 when I missed my marks going in. I had passed a 911 in 4, and thought he would counter going into 5. He didn't and I had stayed out, turned into 5 in the middle of the track and looped it. Got going , looked in the mirror and here comes Charlie. I come into turn 8, he's coming and I want to see if I can get some free coaching by riding behind him for a couple turns. So I figure I will do the smart thing get out of the way. I come into 8 in the wrong place, turn in and run out of track on the exit so I go straight off through the dirt and come back on at the exit of 9. So I made two mistakes by trying to be overly courteous and decided this would be a good time to make my pit stop and gather my thoughts.
Mark, I felt for you on that one in turn 8 as I had just come up on you after your spin in 5. I appreciate the attempted courtesy, though! If it makes you feel any better, I did almost the same thing in 8 after passing Tim "wounded cougar" Costa in 7. I wanted to give some space to the wounded animal and if you get to the edge out there and don't commit, the car gets really squirrely!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:57 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't know what you mean. But hey, just don't be the fat red head kid with crooked teeth and urine in his pants who packs up and leaves the playground with his latest power ranger toys... (and i don't agree with Paolo locking up his video btw) ....

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
Common... you know what I mean by that, don't you ? This is guy (your friend) says that he went off track 4 times in a single weekend and is happy about his results. Anyone who try to explain that there is something wrong with this receive replies full of sh*t. His crew chief and mentor and others that admit openly they are good friends of him. Not that I have anything against that, I just say bye and leave the "private" party...

BTW why is the video which started this thread is private now ? Let the people reading this thread make their own judgment. Make sense for you ? He is quick to reply to anything said here he doesn't like to read but is silent about why the private video ???
Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

If I were to guess he locked it to see how THAT would create more fuss here... it worked.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:00 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Food Angel
Alors, Techno.....

Why don't you get comfortable and stick around. I'd hate to think that in your 157 posts you've been able to completely sum up RL. Give it some time and you'll see that some folks, like our DMD friend, like to poke fun at themselves and get others to either encourage or discourage their driving (dis)abilities. (Paolo, just having fun...sorry I didn't get that tiramisu to you at NJMP.) Most of the folk around here are generally pretty friendly. Sure, you'll find pissing matches, particularly before and after races, but that's to be expected in a testosterone-ridden environment.

Is this the thread where I'm supposed to say that Baron is really quite a driver, or do I do that in the Barbie thread?
People are indeed friendly... but people who don't know what they don't know (not that i know anything) and then try to give advice about that very thing they don't know tend to get rained on.... Nothing better than advice from people who are 1.5 to 4 seconds off the pace on a sub 2 minute lap. And Rennlist is back in full swing this week. Finally some high quality mudslingling!!!!

Bring out the cookies Katie!!!

Last edited by FredC; 08-31-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
Common... you know what I mean by that, don't you ? This is guy (your friend) says that he went off track 4 times in a single weekend and is happy about his results. Anyone who try to explain that there is something wrong with this receive replies full of sh*t. His crew chief and mentor and others that admit openly they are good friends of him. Not that I have anything against that, I just say bye and leave the "private" party...

BTW why is the video which started this thread is private now ? Let the people reading this thread make their own judgment. Make sense for you ? He is quick to reply to anything said here he doesn't like to read but is silent about why the private video ???
Andre, my video, by popular demand, is public again

now are you going to be a man and

SHOW US THE VIDEO OF YOU WRECKING YOUR GT3 WITH YOUR SUPREME DRIVING SKILLS IN THE 2008 TREMBLANT DE EVENT.........

To me having a few offs in a race is better than wrecking a GT3 in a DE, don't you agree?..........

Disclaimer: Information furnished by your Canadian driving collegues ( I guess you are popular up there as much as here on Rennlist).........
Old 08-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

No kidding Fred, in this thread i've been called pathetic, a loser, told to keep quiet because i'm (apparently) stupid, etc. etc.... Good to see who's who again. Actually, while at the track I KNOW who's who so there are really no surprises here.

And now it looks like Paolo is back.. with a vengeance!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:17 PM
Apex Rex
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
Dudes need to listen to the Food Angel.
Everyone should listen to FA, she brings cookies!! Delicious delicious cookies... Amongst other delicious treats.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
SHOW US THE VIDEO OF YOU WRECKING YOUR GT3 WITH YOUR SUPREME DRIVING SKILLS IN THE 2008 TREMBLANT DE EVENT.........

To me having a few offs in a race is better than wrecking a GT3 in a DE, don't you agree?..........

Disclaimer: Information furnished by your Canadian driving collegues ( I guess you are popular up there as much as here on Rennlist).........
Wow.

I've never seen such ridiculous behavior from so many people old enough to have a driver's license... much less a racing license. Embarrassing... and disappointing.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Andre, my video, by popular demand, is public again

now are you going to be a man and

Thanks for being a man again... so people can see for themselves.

I don't understand why you need a disclaimer... publishing information without any due diligence claiming it is not from you shows that you are a real man as you say...

So wrecking a GT3 in 2008 in a DE !! Wow, that's a scoop man... I did have a spin and as I mentionned many times here (not a DE though), nothing wrong with this as long as you learn something out of it. Which doesn't look like you did...

So have fun and take a look at this "wreck..." and remember this spin was 2 years ago AND I learned a lot from it ! The car was back on the track quickly and is still doing very well be reassured.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V42-OJSHd-A

My enemy is probably this stupid gorilla who caused a 13/13 at Mosport... at least he is the only one I'm aware of ! You should be more careful when making new friends...

Last edited by GT3 Techno; 08-31-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Hey Paolo, I know you and Andre both. I am unaware of Andre wrecking a GT3. He was caught in the Mosport melee at turn 2 and had minor damage avoiding the incident but he's a solid driver and racer.

Andre, DMD has an interesting sense of humor and his post was meant to be funny. I have sat beside him on track and he's an OK guy who likes to provoke big threads on RL. Those who have been here for a while know not to take his stuff too seriously

Best,
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,667 Likes on 860 Posts

Old 08-31-2010, 10:29 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

I'd blame it on tire pressures.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:31 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Andre, I am glad you were OK after the incident.......

but you can't compare total loss of control in a DE ending in the guardrail, with offs without any contact in closely fought club race.......
Old 08-31-2010, 10:34 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Hey Paolo, I know you and Andre both. I am unaware of Andre wrecking a GT3. He was caught in the Mosport melee at turn 2 and had minor damage avoiding the incident but he's a solid driver and racer.

Andre, DMD has an interesting sense of humor and his post was meant to be funny. I have sat beside him on track and he's an OK guy who likes to provoke big threads on RL. Those who have been here for a while know not to take his stuff too seriously

Best,
Thanks for the feedback Bob but the melee at turn 2 at Mosport was caused by this kind of attitude... look at the video. He drives flat out !

Quick Reply: Rally driving at a PCA race..........