NCR NHMS rules for r-comps in green group

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Ephraim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper

THe so. chicane is definatly more technical and a thrill in it's own right. I have the track record for it with the old config., but we rarely run it anymore.
From what I heard last year, SCCA will not use the south chicane configuration, ever. When it was reconfigured last year they (SCCA) decided it was unsafe. I think this was due to no real runoff on the inside up against the infield fencing.

It's a bit ironic that that the track won't allow DE's to run the south oval due to safety concerns and SCCA won't run the south chicane...due to safety concerns.
Old 07-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ephraim
From what I heard last year, SCCA will not use the south chicane configuration, ever. When it was reconfigured last year they (SCCA) decided it was unsafe. I think this was due to no real runoff on the inside up against the infield fencing.

It's a bit ironic that that the track won't allow DE's to run the south oval due to safety concerns and SCCA won't run the south chicane...due to safety concerns.
That's why we don't run it anymore!!
It was fun when we would split a weekend event, sat on oval and sunday on the so. chicane.

It is ironic, i guess the PCA is somehow safer since you can't pass there.

Not that anyone would:-)
Old 07-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utkinpol
just to calm down discussion - all that was too much noise about nothing really,i got response back from de chair and situation is resolved very nicely so i will run on my normal tires. rule is just a common sense precaution to protect novices who never had any experience from starting their first track run on slicks.
Glad you got the answer you were looking for. Should be a good event and I am sure you will have a wonderful day! See you there.

Quick Reply: NCR NHMS rules for r-comps in green group