Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJMP PCA RACE "Attack of the Barbie Car"

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

By the way, Schattenbaum Showdown is hands-down my favorite event of the year. Pete and his boys did a great job, love the circuit and the whole place. Tons of track time, great racing, great friendships. The way it should be, if you ask me.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:30 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

I second big Kudos to the Schattenbaum Region and its organizers for an awesome Race weekend.
Great fun track with a big contrast of high and slow speed corners. Takes a while to dial in yourself to it for the 1st time there.

Awesome racing in H with Pete, Peter and Glenn. Probably my hardest fought race so far.
I had to put the Wing on and the powerboost on Sunday to leave behind the FLATOUT Green machine. Impressive pace of Baron in a G car all weekend.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts

It was a great event put on by Pete D, Pete T, and Dan P and all the other volunteers. There was some great racing in all groups, especially watching the battle in H between, Carlos, Pete T, Glen Crawford, Pete D. You guys need to post the videos. Also the race between Chris Musante and Analog Mike was great to watch, along with Moses and Bella.

T-Bolt is a fun and challenging track. Scott Leopold was kind enough to let me race the black Werkstatt Barbie Car in the enduro on Sunday. So I got to drive the track for the first time in the Enduro warm up. Took inspiration from Fred C and used a lot of the curbs in 1, 2, 3, part of the Octopus, and coming on to the front straight. I was chicken and braked too much for 4. Spun it in 5 mid way through the race, and followed that up with an off track excursion in the Octopus while trying to make room for Charlie to pass me so I could try to follow him and learn something (sorry for kicking dirt on you Charlie).

Great to see Paolo, Gary R, Dan R and all the other Rennlisters. I really enjoyed the track and look forward to next year's race.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:02 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

That was an awesome event with excellent weather for a change. I posted a video of the Sunday sprint3 but youtube botched the audio sync when I uploaded it. My tires lasted 2 laps less than they needed to, and Musante just had too much of everything the whole weekend, I couldn't stay ahead. I used traffic to my advantage once (the pass in T1 which was set up in the last turn) but he was much better dealing with it and using it against me several times. It was some of the most intense and fun racing I have done, looking forward to the next battle. I just need a little more rear tire and power to keep up with his ever improving beast.

You can see smoke in the car when the tired rear tires locked up, the car still has the Grand-Am rear tire cooler ducts but they are open so smoke comes in through them. Nice indicator!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:19 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Mike, as you said, your audio sync is way off, but I can tell you that standing trackside I was really digging your banging three downshifts into 1.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:12 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez

Awesome racing in H with Pete, Peter and Glenn. Probably my hardest fought race so far.
Hats off to Carlos... great driving in that second sprint. Four of us nose-to-tail for 30 minutes was lots of fun. I threw everything I had at him, but couldn't make anything stick.

And, my definition of "Flat out" for Paolo was my one final desperate attempt to get by Carlos on the last lap with my foot on the floor from mid corner in the octopus all the way to the checker (hanging on for dear life at #10), and unfortunately falling short of the win by 0.2 seconds.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by analogmike
That was an awesome event with excellent weather for a change. I posted a video of the Sunday sprint3 but youtube botched the audio sync when I uploaded it. My tires lasted 2 laps less than they needed to, and Musante just had too much of everything the whole weekend, I couldn't stay ahead. I used traffic to my advantage once (the pass in T1 which was set up in the last turn) but he was much better dealing with it and using it against me several times. It was some of the most intense and fun racing I have done, looking forward to the next battle. I just need a little more rear tire and power to keep up with his ever improving beast.

You can see smoke in the car when the tired rear tires locked up, the car still has the Grand-Am rear tire cooler ducts but they are open so smoke comes in through them. Nice indicator!

Your pass of the yellow 911 into T#1 was "sick".
Nice move.I was driving the red 914 that you really fast guys were lapping.
Not sure us GT4 guys belonged in the "red" run group.
1:31's doesn't get it done,but would have been competitive had they left us in the "yellow" group were we are normally placed.I guess it had to do with car counts.
Tom B.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:56 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by cgomez
Impressive pace of Baron in a G car all weekend.
Hats off to Baron for beating all the F, G, and H cars........

He truly drives FLAT OUT............
Old 08-30-2010, 06:31 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

I've got my view of the Sunday morning sprint 3, blue group, online.
Great footage here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSOvERVS23E
Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BostonDMD
Hats off to Baron for beating all the F, G, and H cars........

He truly drives FLAT OUT............
Baron is one to watch. He's been fast all year and posted a crazy top time at NJMP this weekend.

Another fan of the Hairy Dog Grrrage here. Dan Jacobs and his team rock!

Thanks to Tim Costa for continuing in the enduro. Rennpoints all around!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:40 PM
ajenks144
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrJupeman

Another fan of the Hairy Dog Grrrage here. Dan Jacobs and his team rock!

Once again Dan comes through for racers in need. Thanks Dan!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Thanks to Tim Costa for continuing in the enduro. Rennpoints all around! [/QUOTE]

Your welcome Charlie. I truley thought that was going to be the race I would beat you in. I had a great start (until I lost the tranny when I went for forth gear) and the car really felt hooked up, finally. I did some tweeking to the suspension and tire combo. Oh well at least I proved it could be done. I really didnt think I was going to make it out of the pits. My wife was counting me down and with 8 seconds left I actually found 3rd gear and finished the race by holding it in 3rd every time I had to use it.

Hope to see you, and a bunch more Spec Boxes at Summit
Old 08-30-2010, 10:49 PM
TIM COSTA
Pro

Originally Posted by ajenks144
Once again Dan comes through for racers in need. Thanks Dan!!
Dont forget to thank Mike for letting you canibalize his car!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:58 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim your an animal. I saw Derek last weekend and his cool suit did not work on the long hot Sunday race. Caused him to vommit in his helmet, but he kept on racing and won of course. When we came in he asked if mine was working and I told him I did not have one.... ( but I stuff a bag of ice in suit and that did the trick). I think he ran a 1:15 at Summit and was flying. I pushed the GTS3 record down to 1:20.4 so I am happy with that. I may try and do the Summit PCA event if my engine is ready so may see you guys there.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:41 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Charlie, you're the man, as far as I can see. Smart, analytic, calm and fast. I'm glad you waxed the field!
Miles apart from some of the other knuckleheads with dents in every panel....

Last edited by gums; 08-31-2010 at 09:02 AM.

Quick Reply: NJMP PCA RACE "Attack of the Barbie Car"