Sponsored by:

NJMP PCA RACE "Attack of the Barbie Car"

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 10:39 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bsztanko
It was a blast, sorry you didn't make it.
The split starts sucked for us but managed to have a good time anyway.
Moses is a fierce cometitor to say the least, also very lucky. I spent a lot of time in the weeds looking for Freddys line through the octophuck.....Charley has the footage.
Ha ha, yes I do! I had a front row seat for some real dicing. Bela did everything he could to fend off Moses and then did everything he could to fluster him. Great, GREAT driving by both.

Thanks for the nice words, everyone! It was a great weekend - incredibly nice blue sky weather, albeit hot today - and my hat is off to the Schattenbaum guys. They run a very efficient, relaxed, and superb club race!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great weekend! TedA and I enjoyed meeting several Rennlisters in person for the first time - Bsztanko, Gary R, BostonDMD, etc., and a bunch of SPBOX guys - "Frank from Vegas", Mike, Charlie.... Big thanks to Dan Jacobs, Bela and Jerry from Hairy Dog Grrrage. Their recommendations saved my weekend. Tagged the armco after losing it into the turn entering the front straight lap one on stickers during the third practice. Banged out fender and 1/4, and re-set toe with a tape measurer. Was able to race in all three sprints. Got PCA license. Glad they changed the 13 rule.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:15 AM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by dbryant61
Great weekend! TedA and I enjoyed meeting several Rennlisters in person for the first time - Bsztanko, Gary R, BostonDMD, etc., and a bunch of SPBOX guys - "Frank from Vegas", Mike, Charlie.... Big thanks to Dan Jacobs, Bela and Jerry from Hairy Dog Grrrage. Their recommendations saved my weekend. Tagged the armco after losing it into the turn entering the front straight lap one on stickers during the third practice. Banged out fender and 1/4, and re-set toe with a tape measurer. Was able to race in all three sprints. Got PCA license. Glad they changed the 13 rule.
Congrats on the PCA license and running all weekend. Not enough good things can be said about Dan and the HairyDoggrage folks!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FredC
Not enough good things can be said about Dan and the HairyDoggrage folks!
+1

Dan saved my NJ weekend last year after I started puking gas all over the pre grid and he did a fuel line replacement for me.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:50 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Congrats on the PCA license and running all weekend. Not enough good things can be said about Dan and the HairyDoggrage folks!
He is definitely the "Go-To" guy in the paddock!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 AM
dbryant61
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Fred. Sorry you and Sean could not be there.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:23 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who won other classes... J? H?
Old 08-30-2010, 11:43 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sprint/ Enduro H I Results

Originally Posted by MJR911
Who won other classes... J? H?
Here you go with Cell Phone pics
Attached Images     
Old 08-30-2010, 11:51 AM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Alex
Old 08-30-2010, 11:52 AM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Congratulations

Way to go DB after the contact. You toughed it out and finished strong. I hope you enjoyed the event and will return again for antoher Club Race event. Good work.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:23 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Tim Costa wins the "Pit Bull Tenacity" award. He loses 4th gear in T1 on the start of the enduro, then loses 2nd gear somewhere along the line but keeps going! Comes in for his pit and finds out he has no 1st either!! Runs the entire race with 3rd and 5th! (Tim - correct me if I messed up any details). Now THAT's commitment!

I know of other guys (won't mention names Mike, don't worry) that ran home like a little girl when they had a problem...
Old 08-30-2010, 12:30 PM
BostonDMD
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Everyone was FLAT OUT.......
Attached Images  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:00 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And we learned how to do front and rear alignment with a tape measure, wrench a big hammer.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:20 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I know of other guys (won't mention names Mike, don't worry) that ran home like a little girl when they had a problem...
Don't point that at me, Gary! I had the main field totally covered in Sprint 1, aside from Tallardy, after Healy broke at the start and I put Ztanko back (he had a killer start), built a huge gap and the clutch failed late in the going. I spent the entire afternoon under the car, covered in SuperBlue, fabricating a clutch line, got it fixed after dinner and then came out to play again on Sunday. I'll post a 28-6th video shortly, almost everyone is in it!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:27 PM
Paul 996
Rennlist Member

Bummed that I missed this one, for many reasons. Trying real hard to pickup my car this week and get it home. Sorry to hear about Colin's engine and Tim's transmission. Sounds like a fun weekend overall.

-Paul

Quick Reply: NJMP PCA RACE "Attack of the Barbie Car"