Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PRC @ Sears 6/25-6/2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:37 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

I was talking to my buddy Darrell Anderson (white monster mustang ) in the SU class and he said they ran the long 7 but other groups were running the short 7 (how they keep track of that one, i dont know ).
I just cant see sefanowitcz running 1:41s with 900hp with out a detour
Also i seemed to remember the spec 911s running near 1:50, not 1:52, but I could be wrong. Im sure someone will remember, as its a pretty drastic difference at turn 7 when you have to make that change

Behram was running pretty strong thundrehill in my new car's debut, but I wonder if he hurt it. that sucks! Gamroth refreshing, why not Jerry's place? Arent they direct competitors in the engine building arena? He has had a good run on that little motor. (runnng all the SCCA and PRC events too! )

mk

Originally Posted by race911
I honestly don't remember looking up the track on Saturday to see if they ran the long 7. (The Pro Formula Mazda that my cousin's kid raced did; and they also ran the motorcycle T9 chicane.)

Behram's engine had 3 holes with low compression. Jay got one working better Sat night, but they could only get about 100psi out of two others. It's coming out and going up to Gamroth for a freshening. 160ish hours on this one.
Old 07-01-2010, 02:41 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Wow, thats hard to believe! Thats what Darrel was saying too. he was runing 1:46s but he normally runs in the 41-2s , but he said the track was slick from nascar rubber, but mainly his crowded 60 car field slowed up the times A LOT!

for PRC, that does seem slow. Heck, I could have run with my old buds, Mike and Jeff in GT2 and had a race! Now, Im really bummed I didnt go!

mk

Originally Posted by Gwill
We did the normal T 7. I was 1.5 seconds off my personal best from our race in April. Some of the time was due to a set up change. Is it possible some of the lost grip might have been due to the NASCAR rubber from the weekend before?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Mahler9th
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

The Cup rubber was a bit of an issue. Jeff and I are both rusty... in my case I hadn't had a race weekend since April 2008 and hadn't driven a lap since June of last year. I had fun messing around with Jeff, although neither of us were too excited about running two-year old, dried out tires ( I gave him a set of mine). The tires were off at least 3-4 seconds... they were drivable, just not too sticky.

Would be great to have you join us Mark.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:40 PM
earlyapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

John,
The 3.0 L spec 911 motors are rebuilt when they break. No time limit.

Congratulations to Dave Potter! On his first year of wheel to wheel racing and he laid down a 1:55 in a spec Boxster!
Old 07-02-2010, 08:00 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,626 Likes on 2,311 Posts

Originally Posted by earlyapex
John,
The 3.0 L spec 911 motors are rebuilt when they break. No time limit.

Congratulations to Dave Potter! On his first year of wheel to wheel racing and he laid down a 1:55 in a spec Boxster!
damn potter. my best in BSR was 1:56:07
Old 07-03-2010, 01:47 AM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I was suprised you and Jeff were out there. Good to hear you had a day out again. If I would have known, I might have shown up.
Hey, 2 years old tires? thats like new in my book. I think I still have a few years left of free rubber from '07, but toyos, and I dont think they lose as much as the real slicks. heck, who knows/cares. as long as you guys had a good time.

I would consider the POC laguna weekend, but they want an arm and a leg for entry fees that weekend, but it is a lot of track time vs SCCA. probably will be sears or t-hill.

make sure you bring that old cracking, dusty race rubber, so I can have a chance to keep up.

Originally Posted by Mahler9th
The Cup rubber was a bit of an issue. Jeff and I are both rusty... in my case I hadn't had a race weekend since April 2008 and hadn't driven a lap since June of last year. I had fun messing around with Jeff, although neither of us were too excited about running two-year old, dried out tires ( I gave him a set of mine). The tires were off at least 3-4 seconds... they were drivable, just not too sticky.

Would be great to have you join us Mark.

Quick Reply: PRC @ Sears 6/25-6/2010