10.20%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

2010 European Grand Prix (Valencia)

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:14 PM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wayne, what about Ferrari's car? Let's take Alonso out of the equation for just a second, despite his good and bad performances. How do you see this playing out and more specifically where are they going to find the speed at high downforce tracks? Out of the two drivers you like and have picked to duel to the end, at least Hamilton seems to have a car competitive for the outright win on some circuits. I'm just curious because I don't have much faith in the organizational structure of Ferrari at the moment.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:06 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,429 Likes on 2,039 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Now stand back and watch the Spaniard put it in !!!!!!!

Alrighty then........... Can't say I'm surprised about this comment coming from A. Wayne......
Old 06-20-2010, 06:19 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by enduro911
Wayne, what about Ferrari's car? Let's take Alonso out of the equation for just a second, despite his good and bad performances. How do you see this playing out and more specifically where are they going to find the speed at high downforce tracks? Out of the two drivers you like and have picked to duel to the end, at least Hamilton seems to have a car competitive for the outright win on some circuits. I'm just curious because I don't have much faith in the organizational structure of Ferrari at the moment.
Agree that Ferrari structurally is a joke to what they were under Todt but the team is a lot more focused under Alonso's leadership than they were with Massa and Kimi.

Look back at were the car was at end of 09 and how competitive it is today , they have made a substantial improvement and if not for some errors from Alonso and a little luck , they could have won 3 races or at least picked up 3 more podiums towards the championship.

Ferrari does appear to be heading in the right direction, there are tracks that are going to favor them and of course for Lewis and Mclaren, plus Alonso is not getting any help from Massa unlike Lewis who is being helped tremendously by Button.

Unfortunately F1 is no longer a true sport, if it was Webbo could take this, flat out best car and driver combination at the moment , under it's current structure Webbo is the odd man out and wonder kid can't win them a championship , not against this kind of competition , Schumacher never had this kind of competition his whole career, that said and even with such a talented field Lewis and Alonso are the 2 standouts .

My money is still on the Spaniard he is better than Schumacher ever was , even if Ferrari is no longer the king of the Hill !!!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:22 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Alrighty then........... Can't say I'm surprised about this comment coming from A. Wayne......
Well in your case , it would be take it out ......
Old 06-20-2010, 08:12 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sir A.Wayne,

Is it possible for you to post a coherent sentence without using the word "Schumacher" at least once?

It has become this forum's equivalent to "It's Bush's fault".
Old 06-20-2010, 09:16 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ltc
Sir A.Wayne,

Is it possible for you to post a coherent sentence without using the word "Schumacher" at least once?

I will narrow it down to 1and also include "Sato" so you can follow along ...

Last edited by A.Wayne; 06-20-2010 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:25 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Fine.
One, and only one, Schumacher reference per thread.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:35 PM
DanR
Drifting

schumacher this time, on a side note, worst GP of the year!
Old 06-21-2010, 12:02 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Arrrrgggh .. i can't respond .............
Old 06-21-2010, 07:01 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Default Alonso tries revised F10 at Fiorano

By Jonathan Noble Monday, June 21st 2010, 09:41 GMT

Fernando Alonso managed to give Ferrari's heavily revised F10 an early shakedown at Maranello, during a special 'filming' day at Fiorano.

Although in-season testing is banned, teams are allowed to conduct limited 'promotional running' - which has been used by several outfits this year to try and get mileage on new parts.

Alonso spent the day at Fiorano on Friday, running with a group of Ferrari owners during the morning before getting his first official F1 run at Fiorano in the F10 later in the day.

Footage of the car that has emerged on YouTube shows a very different rear end – with the low exhaust configuration that most teams front-running contenders are now looking at.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOZeeMZ6W4

The low exhausts help channel air through the diffuser for improved downforce – and it is a concept that has been put to such good use by Red Bull Racing so far this season.

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali said his outfit was about to embark on a more aggressive development push to ramp up its title challenge.

"For sure there is a need for a more aggressive push," he said in Canada. "It was clear that we had concentrated too much effort on this blown rear wing - we spent a lot of effort there, being not focused on the other areas of the car.

"From Valencia onwards the focus will be to develop other areas of the car apart from this blown rear wing, because it is a complicated system that took a lot of resources out of our team."

Regarding the use of a 'filming day' to test out the latest updates, a Ferrari release said: "You have to make the most of any opportunity in this era of the testing ban!"

Last edited by A.Wayne; 10-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:13 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Lewis all the way. Including the driver's championship. There, I said it.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:44 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Anybody read this yet?

http://www.formula1.com/news/intervi...0/6/10934.html

Q: Bernie, you have sharp business acumen. Why is Ferrari so special for you?
BE: There will always be two things that will never lose their value: Formula One as a product, and Ferrari as a brand. Without wanting to step on anyone’s toes, I have to say the rest comes and goes and in the end it doesn’t matter. This is somewhat inexplicable and has a certain tragic touch to it, but in the end it is exactly like this.
Could he actually be more of a kiss-*** to Ferrari?
Don't get me wrong, I like Ferrari and all, and I appreciate and respect their racing history, but come on?
Last 2-3 years they've really sucked! And this year is not looking too hot either.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:03 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Sir A.Wayne,

You mean the same as you calling Alonso "she". Lets follow what we preach.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:04 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Arrrrgggh .. i can't respond .............
Yes you can...just step outside the forum for a moment, say what you want, get it all out, then come back into the forum.

Easy.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 AM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

How pathetic is the FIA really?

New rules on adjustable rear wings for 2011:

“From 2011, adjustable bodywork may be activated by the driver at any time prior to the start of the race and, for the sole purpose of improving overtaking opportunities during the race, after the driver has completed two laps. The driver may only activate the adjustable bodywork in the race when he has been notified via the control electronics that it is enabled. It will only be enabled if the driver is less than one second behind another at any of the predetermined positions around each circuit. The system will be disabled the first time the driver uses the brakes after the system has been activated. The FIA may, after consulting all the competitors, adjust the time proximity in order to ensure the purpose of the adjustable bodywork is met.”
WTF???

Quick Reply: 2010 European Grand Prix (Valencia)