Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Joe,

If you recall the wins by Button, one was because he was able to pit first and make his tires last until the very end. That is a direct result of the advantage he has over, dare I say it, over the rest of the field, because he IS a smooth driver.

He doesn't have the pace of Hamilton, but this year, because of the refueling ban, it plays into Button's strengths.

Not saying he isn't a smooth driver or ridiculously fast. I'm just saying that calls, pits, etc. have all gone Button's way this year with the exception of Monaco. His edge in the driver standings over LH is more due to that than his actual performance on track. It's nice that the entire season is 19 races instead of 7 so 'chance' can be less of a factor.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:04 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Okay then if that's the way you are going to decide who's a better driver. How do those four points in WDC difference = completely outperformed as you said.
More points

More wins

And he has led the WDC this year.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joe -

Agree that Lewis is without a doubt the faster driver , but he has made mistakes and the team has made mistakes on his part and as such Button was able to move ahead. I do not buy the accidental pass by Button in Turkey , I hope Hamilton learns for it.

We also know Button is obviously better on his tires than Hamilton , but i do expect this advantage to disappear as the season progress and the team has more full race data. I would be shocked if the WDC point roles are not reversed over the next 2-3 races in favor of Hamilton by a wide margin .......
Old 06-07-2010, 02:30 PM
KurtC
Instructor

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Then again Button has completely out-performed Lewis thus far this year.
Ha! By 'completely', do you mean looking only at points accumulated and ignoring race pace, fastest laps, qualifying, and number of passes? Maybe your dislike of certain drivers norrows what you're able to see? I love all the 'expert' analysis we get over here!

Button is doing better than I had expected, looking at more than just points earned. I hope he keeps pushing LH, but at the end of the season, I think we all know who's going to be ahead of who.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:18 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 42 Posts

Where are the Schumacher fans??? If only the poor bastard had a decent car to drive.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Where are the Schumacher fans??? If only the poor bastard had a decent car to drive.

2009 WDC .. Brawn Mercedes ...

2010 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX
Pos No Driver Team Laps Time/Retired Grid Pts
1 1 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 56 1:46:42.163 5 25
2 2 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 56 +1.5 secs 6 18
3 4 Nico Rosberg Mercedes GP

It used to be a decent car , before certain input .........................
Old 06-07-2010, 03:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,333 Likes on 1,972 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Instigator.

Alright, I'll bite.

IIRC, if the Shue beats Rosberg this Sunday, it'll be Rosberg 4 vs. MS 4. and MS in the last 4 races straight. I wonder if A. Wayne would be willing to bet who will win this week between the teammates... hmmmmmm
Old 06-07-2010, 04:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
Instigator.

Alright, I'll bite.

IIRC, if the Shue beats Rosberg this Sunday, it'll be Rosberg 4 vs. MS 4. and MS in the last 4 races straight. I wonder if A. Wayne would be willing to bet who will win this week between the teammates... hmmmmmm

Ballsy bet Pete , considering the way MS and Brawn are manipulating the finishing order at Mercedes in favor of Schumacher ..

Ok i will give you a bet ..

I bet at the end of the Canadian GP Rosberg will have more WDC points than Schumcher ...

Old 06-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 138 Posts

Steve Machett did say at the beginning of the season that regardless of his being in excellent shape, it would still take MS until mid season to get back in the racing shape needed to drive an F1 car. MS seems to be coming on and it is obvious that the updated car is more to his liking. I am surprised that they don't let Nico drive the earlier version since he appeared quicker.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by KurtC
Ha! By 'completely', do you mean looking only at points accumulated and ignoring race pace, fastest laps, qualifying, and number of passes? Maybe your dislike of certain drivers norrows what you're able to see? I love all the 'expert' analysis we get over here!

Button is doing better than I had expected, looking at more than just points earned. I hope he keeps pushing LH, but at the end of the season, I think we all know who's going to be ahead of who.
Post #17
Old 06-07-2010, 08:37 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by KurtC
...Maybe your dislike of certain drivers norrows what you're able to see? I love all the 'expert' analysis we get over here!
What's so ******* funny? Maybe it's the fact you don't know the difference between opinion and analysis. Besides (this one's for you Ray S), this is all speculation anyway.

Disliking a driver's antics has nothing to do with respecting their abilities. Plenty here dislike Alonso and yet they respect his skill.

I don't like Schumacher's antics and his preferential treatment, however he's, IMO, one of the best drivers ever.

I don't like Hamilton, Webber and others because of their antics, however I respect them all for their talent and driving capabilities.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:05 PM
FredC
Drifting

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Post #17
to a guy a can be emotional and rational at the same time. Seriously.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:16 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by FredC
to a guy a can be emotional and rational at the same time. Seriously.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:16 PM
KurtC
Instructor

What's so ******* funny? Maybe it's the fact you don't know the difference between opinion and analysis. Besides (this one's for you Ray S), this is all speculation anyway.

Disliking a driver's antics has nothing to do with respecting their abilities. Plenty here dislike Alonso and yet they respect his skill.

I don't like Schumacher's antics and his preferential treatment, however he's, IMO, one of the best drivers ever.

I don't like Hamilton, Webber and others because of their antics, however I respect them all for their talent and driving capabilities.

Oh, man, the internet is some serious business. Calm down, dude! "Then again Button has completely out-performed Lewis thus far this year." is presented as fact. It's completely true if you look only at total # of points earned and ignore everything else.

Quick Reply: Team orders at McLaren