Originally Posted by himself
What is PASM? lol
yeah, yeah...
Old 07-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,560 Likes on 820 Posts

Fun track! But now it's bumpy as all get out and it was frickin hot that weekend! I didn't have enough rider-free sessions to clean up my lines in all of the corners, or really maximize the braking zones. I was OK with my ultimate times, but I couldn't break into the 1:26s, which I thought was doable even with the conditions and setup. [I was using 15+ HC Hoosiers, bumpy track, and full stiff rear bar!] Bumps + old tires did not instill any confidence to trail brake very deep. Eh, it's all excuses for the poor driving on my part...

Here is a video of a few laps in the 27s and 28s. The video does not reflect the true bumpiness of this track!

-td

Hmm. I see you totally ignored the better lines I suggested thru 2 & 3, as well as 8 (the dam turn) in favor of the TDE pre-bumpiness "company line". Tsk tsk. They are worth a bunch of time in the track's current condition.

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 07-19-2010, 04:17 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Hmm. I see you totally ignored the better lines I suggested thru 2 & 3, as well as 8 (the dam turn) in favor of the TDE pre-bumpiness "company line". Tsk tsk. They are worth a bunch of time in the track's current condition.
I tried your 2/3 line, and it was not working in my car. I couldn't trail in very far before the car ended up loosing the back end, so I ended up going with what the track gave me that day. I made a mental note to improve that complex with a better setup.

As for 8, the video shows the line that Nugget's showed me, lol. But, I do have data using your line (and even creeping farther right than you suggested) and it was about 3-4/10 faster through 8. But, I didn't review my data until after the weekend, so I got what I got!

-td
Old 07-19-2010, 04:24 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I tried your 2/3 line, and it was not working in my car. I couldn't trail in very far before the car ended up loosing the back end, so I ended up going with what the track gave me that day. I made a mental note to improve that complex with a better setup.

-td

Wow, THAT is a big surprise, since you would really be braking dead straight and slightly downhill. I wonder why your car'd be loose there? I have driven 6 & 7 Cups there, and that entry into 2 rocks the kasbah!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 05:33 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wow, THAT is a big surprise, since you would really be braking dead straight and slightly downhill. I wonder why your car'd be loose there? I have driven 6 & 7 Cups there, and that entry into 2 rocks the kasbah!!!
I couldn't make it work The farther right I stayed, the worse the corner became. Oy. Do you have any video of taking this "properly"? I'll learn it by osmosis.

-td
Old 07-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I couldn't make it work The farther right I stayed, the worse the corner became. Oy. Do you have any video of taking this "properly"? I'll learn it by osmosis.

-td

No, but let me see if my client will send me a lap or two of video from when we were there recently.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:24 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Perfect. Thanks!

-td

Quick Reply: Video from Maverick PCA DE at ECR 5/29/2010