Sponsored by:

lodging near Lime Rock?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 01:32 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomburdge
I stayed at the Quality Inn in Torrington at last weeks SCCA National. Truck w/trailer is out of the question.Just driving in and out of Torrington with a rig would seem dicey. It's an older town with narrow streets and small turning radius.
The op is coming from the east. Torrington is that way. I had no difficulty driving my Tundra and 24' enclosed into and around Torrington. Many times in fact.
The Quality Inn had parking and rooms that were half price from the stuff around LRP. Haven't tried Sharon.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CT03911
The op is coming from the east. Torrington is that way. I had no difficulty driving my Tundra and 24' enclosed into and around Torrington. Many times in fact.
The Quality Inn had parking and rooms that were half price from the stuff around LRP. Haven't tried Sharon.
WOW!
Torrington seemed tight to me. Went to the "99" for diner (great place by the way). Parking just my dully at the QI seemed to take some forethought with respect to getting in and out.
The prices and the hotel in general where quite acceptable...I'm sure we've both been in a whole lot worse.
Tom B.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:26 PM
fhp911
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 35 Posts

Interlaken Inn is the class place -- good restaurant & bar, pool, etc. Expensive but you get a reduction if you tell them you're involved in a track event.

Literally 5 minutes from the track, making it the nearest lodging.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by CT03911
The op is coming from the east. .
The OP was coming from the east two years ago. I hope he's not still looking for a place.

Quick Reply: lodging near Lime Rock?