Sponsored by:

lodging near Lime Rock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default lodging near Lime Rock?

Can you guys recommend a truck/ trailer friendly motel/hotel near Lime Rock? I'll be coming from S.E. MA so would prefer someplace in that direction.
TIA
Dennis
Old 05-14-2010, 05:35 PM
CT03911
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a Day's Inn, Quality Inn and Torrington motor Inn in Torrington, CT. I have not tried any of them and there may be more. I am pretty tired of the over the top room rates around Lime Rock and booked a room at the Day's Inn.
I cannot vouch for the parking at all, nor the accomodations per se, but two I mentioned are chains and I'm basically expecting three star rooms.
Fine with me, I just need a bed really.
The price is right and the drive to the track from there is about 30 miles, not a big deal for me to save upwards of $70 a night. I am staying the night between track days and so was not concerned with trailer parking which I will leave at the track.
A few miles west of downtown Torrington and the motels mentioned, going towards the track on Rt 4, is a Shell and Dunkin Donuts/convenience store on your right.
A big coffee, breakfast sandwich, gas, gatorade and snacks and a fairly short drive to the track from there with an extra $70 in your pocket.
Works for me at this point.
Dennis
Old 05-14-2010, 07:08 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Most of the places near the track are "Dumps". The only decent place is the Interlaken Inn, about 5 minutes south of the track. I highly recommend not staying at the Sharon Motor Lodge or Inn at Iron Masters. Good luck!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:13 PM
RSKY BIZ
Shark Slayer
Rennlist Member

Location: 'BETWEEN NORTH STAR BOROUGH...& THE CONCH REPUBLIC'
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default AHHHH, CT! IT'S BEAUTIFUL THIS WEEKEND! ;)

Originally Posted by Deadeye
Can you guys recommend a truck/ trailer friendly motel/hotel near Lime Rock? I'll be coming from S.E. MA so would prefer someplace in that direction.
TIA
Dennis
Dennis-

Here is the track's website:

LIMEROCK PARK INFO LINK

Click on the 'area services' link.

Either a few phone calls to the resorts, or you might call the track directly for some guidance.
I have found the staff have always most helpful on numerous occasions!

Enjoy your visit!
Kim
Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 AM
Deadeye
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for the responses. Dennis, I'll look for you at the track-Weds. only for me.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:33 PM
I_am_imprezed
Racer

i've stayed at the interlaken only and it was pretty nice. Pricey but a nice place to stay. I've heard the other hotels are pretty dumpy but i cant speak from experience.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Jerseybean
GT3 Track Junkie
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know how bad the days inn is in Torrington? I was also looking at just staying in Danbury and driving up to lime rock for the alms race maybe, looks like an hr drive from Danbury with a much better set of hotels
Old 07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Cris Brady
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I've stayed at the Days Inn in Torrington over the last 10 years when going to Limerock for the reasons mentioned by Dennis. I stayed there this spring PCA Club race weekend. Rooms are clean, and comfortable. Nothing fancy, but value for the money. Parking lot is U shaped around the bldg. Not huge amount of space for a truck and trailer, but I've never had an issue. Good greek diner across the street. Great restaurant in downtown with 50 craft beers on tap. Nice 20-30 min drive to the track.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 AM
jittsl
Racer

I've stayed at the Ironmasters in Lakeville several times. It was a resonable room and not much more but it is located adjacent to a restaurant and bar, has plenty of room for parking and is reasonably priced. It's about 20mins from track.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 AM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I stayed at the Quality Inn in Torrington at last weeks SCCA National. Truck w/trailer is out of the question.Just driving in and out of Torrington with a rig would seem dicey. It's an older town with narrow streets and small turning radius.
I'm told the Sharon Country Inn which was a "dump' once upon a time has been refurbished and is now a decent place to stay.Only 10 min from the track.
I drove by it last week and at least from the road it looked much better than in years past. I didn't stay because I thought $170-190 a night was a bit pricey. Parking for a truck/trailer seemed adequate but I'd call first to make sure.
Tom B.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:44 AM
morsini
Three Wheelin'

Sharon Motor Lodge. It's the only way to get the full track effect.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 557 Posts

Like Tom said, the Sharon Motor Lodge has been completely redone with new owners. I haven't stayed there yet, so I can't say how good it is, but it can't be worse than it was.

I stay at the Day's Inn. With trailer, go up the road right before it and in that way so your trailer doesn't bottom out.
Old 07-02-2012, 01:18 PM
dougdep
Rennlist Member

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Sharon Country Inn. Its the old sharon motor inn. I stayed there back in April for the PCA Club Race. It has been completely redone and renovated. http://www.sharoncountryinn.com/ No affiliation. Just happy to have another choice near LRP, it's only 5 miles from the track. I will be staying there from now on.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Glad the Sharon ML has changed ownership and improved. I stayed there a few years back and ended up checking out once I saw the inside of my room. The person working the front desk was a whole other story......
Old 07-03-2012, 01:18 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 150 Posts

I stayed at the new Sharon Ml and it is all re done and very clean and plenty of room for my truck. Make the right out of it and take the back way to the track. In the old days it was my warm up road for my formula race. Now I am older and wiser ..... at least I think i am

Quick Reply: lodging near Lime Rock?