Sponsored by:

Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
CicioTopSpeed
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America

Everyone here at TopSpeed is very excited to announce the entry of our 996 GT2 in this year’s OneLap of America. The carwill be driven by Leh Keen along with co-driver Douglas Wilks, owner and founder of TopSpeed.

Our launch into the Porsche community in the last year has been a very fun and exciting addition to TopSpeed. We have spent hundreds of hours dissecting the factory DME in order to create flawless recalibrations for any Porsche application. We also have spent countless days at the track performing R&D on different suspension setups, tires, power and aero configurations to ensure our customers are getting the very best!

That being said, Team TopSpeed decided the perfect venue to put our innovation and quality to the test was OneLap of America! Between the multiple styles of racing involved in this particular race and the 3400 mile road trip that the car must endure in order to be victorious, there isn’t a race more fitting to prove that TopSpeed has what it takes to build a street driven race car.

We have spent the last several months designing, fabricating and testing several custom pieces for the GT2 that will be implemented during this event. Doug took the lead on most of our fabrication and tuning, while our lead technician Adam Murawski was the point man on the suspension and setup. We brought Adam in from the FarnbacherLoles race team after their championship winning ‘09 season with the #87 Porsche. He has been a great addition to the team with lots of knowledge in every aspect of the Porsche chassis.

We are confident that with our quest for excellence in everything we do, coupled with Leh as a wheel, we will be very competitive. Keep an eye on this thread for the latest as the race goes on. Leh and Doug will be updating with pictures, news and I’m sure some complete randomness as they drive around the country!

Here are a few pictures of the car and our GT2 OLA build.

Go Faster...

~Team TopSpeed

Baseline Testing

Custom Splitter

Suspension Teaser

Custom Exhaust

Wheels & Tires

Setup

A LITTLE TESTING

Old 04-24-2010, 12:13 PM
CicioTopSpeed
Former Vendor

TOPSPEED RESERVED
Old 04-24-2010, 12:14 PM
CicioTopSpeed
Former Vendor

RESERVED
Old 04-24-2010, 12:14 PM
CicioTopSpeed
Former Vendor

RESERVED FOR RACE CONTENT
Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Received 67 Likes on 17 Posts

ahhhhhh THERE she is.... i cant wait to live out of her for a week...

I am happy to be still driving Porsches this year in competitions.. So it wasn't a full transition to the dark side!!...

I have to say thanks to TopSpeed for letting me wheel this thing for ONELAP.... We have made alot of progress with the car and have seen big gains....

So with Nissan winning last year we hope to get Porsche back on top.....

Doug, Cicio and I will be updating this thread throughout the competition... From me there will be plenty of random blabbering and misspelling I'm sure!
Old 04-25-2010, 07:03 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome!
Gonna try and make Mid Ohio and Nelson Ledges.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:08 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good Luck Leh!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:48 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Hope Leh and Doug have ear plugs or noise canceling headsets. So the real question is what Turbos did you go with?

Peter
Old 04-26-2010, 03:35 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

ahhhh... We thought that the smooth power curve of a NA motor would be best.. so we took the turbos off....
Old 04-26-2010, 03:40 PM
kingleh
Burning Brakes

Oh and.. wish you guys were coming to play with us this year Peter!!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 PM
DougTopSpeed
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 85Gold
Hope Leh and Doug have ear plugs or noise canceling headsets. So the real question is what Turbos did you go with?

Peter
Noise canceling head phones... CHECK. But I actually added in some extra mufflers to the exhaust to quiet it down for one lap.

As for the turbo's.. we have something in store, but nothing too crazy.

I will post up some pictures tomorrow of them.

As for the event its looking like we have some good competition. Any of the top 5 cars on the list could win it in my opinion... guess we will have to see how it unfolds. I requested the number 3, so now I need to go and find me some Dale stickerz for the car.... lol
Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 PM
DougTopSpeed
Former Vendor

On a brighter note... put the car back on the scales tonight and she is sitting pretty at 3150lbs not bad for ac, street car and all.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:14 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 69 Posts

I was down at Roebling last week when Doug, Leh, and Cicio where testing the car. The car looked, sounded and ran great! It is definitely one of, if not the fastest street cars I have seen run at Roebling and I'm sure will be very competitive in one lap. The new improvements should make it even more of a monster than it already is! Can't wait to see how you guys run.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:08 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by kingleh
Oh and.. wish you guys were coming to play with us this year Peter!!
I wish I was there also, alas business $$$$ needed to be tended to. I have tenants that need renovations so they can move in and that is where my play money comes from. We finally got the GT2 sorted out and it now handles well, like a GT3 on steroids. I am still on the stock clutch, 19,000 miles and needs replacing, and it needs about another 100 rwhp, right now it dyno's 465rwhp, to run at the front.

It is 1 heck of a field with Adee, Popp, Leh, Will, and Catesby with Corcoran lurking in the wings. My bet is you are going to be the 1 to beat, I know that will swell your head as you are a very good wet driver along with the GT-r's. You have experience on the tracks that are going to separate the men from the boys, RA, Hallett, and Mid Ohio. The Vette's are really going to suffer if it rains which it always does.

Peter
Old 04-27-2010, 01:45 PM
CicioTopSpeed
Former Vendor

Nothing like some last minute additions to the build. Here are a few more pictures of the two day countdown.

Enjoy

~Cicio

Keeping Leh safe

OPERATION "NA GT2" IN EFFECT

Ok....Maybe not so much!

Quick Reply: Leh Keen to drive TopSpeed's GT2 in OneLap of America