Sponsored by:

New trailer

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New trailer

I bought a new trailer this winter. It is made by KendonUSA and is a pretty cool trailer. It weights about 750 pounds and will handle cars up to 3000 pounds. My race car is a 99 Honda Civic SI, and it weights 2750 ready to go. I carry my toolbox and spares in the trunk of the race car, and everything else, including cooler, rains, spare wheels, and tires, alum racing jack, etc. goes in the Tourag. I don't carry a crew, but you could, and if you get stuck in Donner Pass, you would have someone to eat. (Tradition, you know) It tows easy, and on the only race I have been to this year at Thunderhill, I got 14.5 mpg, and that included going across the Sierrias (Donner Pass, see above) It does not have dual axles, but because it is brand new, and I plan to put new tires on every year, I don't see a problem. It does come with a spare wheel and tire.

The biggest Porsche I would put on it is a 924/944, or an early 911. It loads easily, and doesn't scrape, so all the guys using an endless supply of 2x12's, 1x12's to keep from scraping air dams, aren't needed.

The best part of it is that it folds up, and I keep it and the car in a one car garage, and have plenty of room to work on both.

I can't put pictures with this thread, but if you want some info and PICTURES email me at billseifert256@gmail.com and I will send pictures and how to get one. You can get one for about $3,500 depending on where you live. Mine cost $3,600, and you can't live anymore out in the middle of nowhere than Sun Valley, Idaho, where I live.

Bill Seifert

1999 Honda Civic SI Race Car
2005 VW Tourag (V8)
Kendon Folding Automobile Trailer
Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

This it Bill?

http://www.kendonusa.com/folding-car-trailer.htm
Old 04-10-2010, 07:05 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

That's pretty cool. Looks like a roll away bed. I'd be worried about getting an early 911 far enough forward to have the right tongue weight.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:45 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty slick. A Murphy bed trailer. I guess if storage space and super light weight are your priorities this would fill your needs. The picture makes it look a little iffy.

Damn Bill, you got a tough time getting to any race track in the country. On the other hand, distance is not the determining factor when deciding what event to attend since they are all a long tow away.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Yes, that is it. On my last trailer most of my car was forward of the axles. The rear of the truck sat very low. So, I put the car on backwards, worked like a champ. It was a little tricky to load by myself, but I got used to it. With a 911 on the Kendon, I would back it on. With my Civic on the Kendon , I had to fool around with where I put the front wheels to get the tongue weight right. Once I got that right, I just marked it so I would put it in the same place every time. My next race is in Portland, Oregon, a Regional/National SCCA event the first weekend in May. That's about 500 miles from me.

As we all know, a picture is worth a thousand words. I can't post pictures on this site, but someone could do it for me, I've got a bunch of pictures of it set up to be towed, and in the one car garage, alone and with the Civic race car. Please send me your email, and I will email them to you, and you can post them on this thread.

Bill
Old 04-10-2010, 10:54 PM
Bill L Seifert
Three Wheelin'

Randy, do you live in Newport Beach, Calif? How far is that from Buttonwillow? All the hot shoes in my class from Calif are going to be there next weekend, and I would like to go. They handed me my butt at Thunderhill in March. But, dang that is a long tow.

Bill
Old 04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 204 Posts

What a clever idea,...a folding trailer! Who would have thunk it?

Trending Topics

Old 04-11-2010, 10:13 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill L Seifert
Randy, do you live in Newport Beach, Calif? How far is that from Buttonwillow? All the hot shoes in my class from Calif are going to be there next weekend, and I would like to go. They handed me my butt at Thunderhill in March. But, dang that is a long tow.

Bill
Don't live in NB any more. It was and always will be home for me. Good luck racing at BW.

Quick Reply: New trailer