Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cage For 944 Turbo DE Car. Recommendations Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 01:54 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Can't believe how cheap a custom weld in is for you guys. For us it would be $5k min unless you can find someone really cheap.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:40 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone contributing have any experience with Hanksville Hot Rod cages? Looks like a nice cage at a decent price for those of us who can weld.

Also, FWIW, I got talking about cages with Karl at Racer's Edge a couple of weeks ago, either at the club race, or his Cars and Coffee, I forget which. He had some incredible cages built in a couple of customers' 944's. Tied into the body from roof to floor along B-pillars, and similar looks everywhere else. I don't know if the ballpark he threw at me was for something that would look like that, or if it was for a more basic cage, but you may think about sending DHinkle a PM, or calling Karl, or something. And if you are on Facebook, I think MiniDHinkle keeps a page going for European Auto Garage that has some pictures of the 944's in question in there.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 67King
Anyone contributing have any experience with Hanksville Hot Rod cages? Looks like a nice cage at a decent price for those of us who can weld.
I don't have a Hanksville cage, but I have seen good results with them. The design is good and the fit is better than any other non custom cage and better than some custom one. However make sure either you are very proficent at welding or the guy who does it is proficient. Bad welds = a bad cage.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

My car is at Hanksville Hotrods right now getting their rollbar welded into my car. (Basically the back part of their cage)

Hank has done basically all of the cages in the local Spec 944 group and his work is very nice. He's a great guy to deal with as well, very honest and straight forward.

Quick Reply: Cage For 944 Turbo DE Car. Recommendations Please