Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TWS PCA Club race ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did a few changes and yes, the corner got MUCH better. I was still running some decent times with traffic and could stick on Wallys butt through there finally even when the tires were really starting to let go.

Gota go back to earning some $$ so Ill PM ya later.

My place is your place any time we are at the track. No sense in freezing your nards off
Old 03-22-2010, 10:22 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
All I'm saying is I love racing in the rain.
You drove EXTREMELY well this weekend, wet and dry. It was fun to watch you drive as well as you did. Congrats!!
Old 03-22-2010, 10:48 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I ran into John G. this morning and got his summary of his two 1st's, two 2nd's, and Workers' Choice. Quite a weekend for him. One of his 2nd place finishes was +0.03?! Anyone have a photo of that one?

Ok, I have to say more. For the first time in my very short racing career, I saw a sign intended for me that said "Go to scales" when I drove into the paddock. I had a very good weekend. My 13 is gone, and so is my X.
Congrats, Mike! That's gotta feel great!
Old 03-22-2010, 11:41 AM
pmgoodwin
Racer

Ok, I have to say more. For the first time in my very short racing career, I saw a sign intended for me that said "Go to scales" when I drove into the paddock. I had a very good weekend. My 13 is gone, and so is my X.
Does "Go to scales" have some meaning other than the obvious?
Old 03-22-2010, 11:51 AM
TR6
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ervtx
I ran into John G. this morning and got his summary of his two 1st's, two 2nd's, and Workers' Choice. Quite a weekend for him. One of his 2nd place finishes was +0.03?! Anyone have a photo of that one?
I saw that finish from grid. John G. and Steve W. I couldn't tell who won by watching at start/finish, they were that close. Those two guys looked like they had a blast running with each other all weekend.
Originally Posted by pmgoodwin
Does "Go to scales" have some meaning other than the obvious?
It means he did so well that they want to make sure he's not cheating!
Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jakermc
You drove EXTREMELY well this weekend, wet and dry. It was fun to watch you drive as well as you did. Congrats!!
Jake, that car of yours is badass. Not sure what weight you're running at, but you looked like you could keep up with the Cups.

Didn't get a chance to say hi.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:06 PM
Coco_951
Instructor

Hey, I had an absolute blast this weekend! Was the track in the best shape ever Sunday morning or what? Lots of fast times and some great racing!! There were some really impressive performances – Gladwill, Watkins, and Bernick - wow! I give Cory and Paul an assist on running some fast laps. And thanks for the windshield - I guess mine wasn't designed for driving backwards. I'm real impressed in that there was no carnage on the 4th sprint, 65 cars with about a 40 sec a lap difference between the fastest and slowest. I have a great coach, thanks Jason, and crew working on my car - nothing is better than being at the track and concentrating on going fast - not diagnosing problems.....
Corey
Old 03-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 97 Posts

I'm with Globe. I love racing in the rain. Sprint 1 for me was 1st in Class, 14th overall. Second sprint was 3rd in Class, 15th overall. Sunday was lots of fun. Combined sprint was a real blast. My son was on the radio yelling "GREEN! GREEN! GREEN!" and I was still in Turn 13!

And yes, the flag runners on Saturday consisted of rookies and experienced racers. People were missing Black Flags AND full-course Yellows. Ugly business, that.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:24 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Jake, that car of yours is badass. Not sure what weight you're running at, but you looked like you could keep up with the Cups.

Didn't get a chance to say hi.
Thanks, it's certainly a well built car! I got called to the scales twice and weighed 2853 and 2854 on my two visits. My min weight in GT3R is 2678 so I am no where near the limit but the car is still very competitive.

I did pretty well against the Cups, in particular on Sunday when I was able to grid based on my quali time (had to start from the back Satuday afternoon as I skipped the wet sessions - no rains). Finished 6th overall and the only cars in front of me were four 997 Cups and one 996 Cup. There were two more 996 Cups behind me somewhere.

It was interesting on the straights where my top end power could keep pace with the 996 Cups but there is still a big difference in mid-range power, as a result they could walk away from me under power in several sections. The front straight was an exception, I'm able to stay on power there and keep pace.

Saturday's Sprint 2 was a blast. I started 22nd and finished 8th overall. I had a lot of fun trying to run up through the pack from the back. I made a season's worth of Formula 1 passes in just 30 minutes.

It was great to see so many friends at the track, made the weekend all that more enjoyable!!
Old 03-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,665 Likes on 858 Posts

It was great to see so many friends at the track, made the weekend all that more enjoyable!!
+1

Professional Racing and Driving Coach
Old 03-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Gasser
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Coco_951
Hey, I had an absolute blast this weekend! Was the track in the best shape ever Sunday morning or what? Lots of fast times and some great racing!! There were some really impressive performances – Gladwill, Watkins, and Bernick - wow! I give Cory and Paul an assist on running some fast laps. And thanks for the windshield - I guess mine wasn't designed for driving backwards. I'm real impressed in that there was no carnage on the 4th sprint, 65 cars with about a 40 sec a lap difference between the fastest and slowest. I have a great coach, thanks Jason, and crew working on my car - nothing is better than being at the track and concentrating on going fast - not diagnosing problems.....
Corey
Good to see you Cory. You were driving great. I need a coach and a team for that matter. Doing everything my self and just learning by chasing is a slow process. Im hoping to get someone in my right seat one of these days. really need it down there as I felt I was several seconds off pace.

Glad to see you got a new windshield put in and raced.

Next time you see Hamp, tell him Hi for me.

Jeff
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for the compliment Rob. Great to run with you. I'm hoping I've got good video of you passing me in 8-9. It was a brilliant move, and I'm not going to let THAT happen to me again!.

I agree with Bill about your car being the shizitz. I need to get a better look at it to see where all the weight came out of it. Mine is still way overweight. TWS scales said 3020 with me and ~3/8 tank of gas.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM
TR6
Drifting

Question: How many spec boxster drivers does it take to put up an awning?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:52 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by TR6
Question: How many spec boxster drivers does it take to put up an awning?
All of them?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
weneversleep
Racer

Very fun weekend. Saturday was kind of miserable, but Friday & Sunday made up for it.

The white DE group even got a session running the TWS short track (car was off on the back session, couldn't move it). What a blast!

Globe was extremely fast. The "Rain Man"! Congrats Mike!

Quick Reply: TWS PCA Club race ?