Sponsored by:

Please Input on My VIR Laps

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
FTS
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
The ability to go WOT at hog pen is very line dependant. Once you nail the line down it is MUCH easier. You still get the slight loss of front grip mid corner but then you get into that compression and the car loads up nicely and you can do no wrong.
So, dare I say, it all boils down to ***** ? Not boiled *****, don't get me wrong

Yes, that is exactly where I feel the understeer, and I feel at the compression point the front's going to grip and the rear will snap on me. Of course that should not happen if I am on throttle hard enough and time it right, but haven't been able to break that feel yet
Old 03-22-2010, 01:38 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just looking quickly at the video. Getting the direction change of the left turn done a little bit earlier will help in setup. Then when you start the right turn make a higher amplitude at turn in getting a bit more inside of where you were. It's tough to tell from the video as I can't see the tires. You look pretty close though. A couple of small tweaks and I think an A-ha moment will come there pretty easily after that first leap to full throttle.

Next time you're at VIR don't try to work on everything we've said either. Choose three spots and just work on those that weekend. Hog Pen, and the 1-3 combo getting tidier would translate to some pretty noticeable gains in time and speed. Maybe adding Oak Tree as well towards the end if things are going well.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM
TedA
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingToaster
Yes, that is exactly where I feel the understeer, and I feel at the compression point the front's going to grip and the rear will snap on me. Of course that should not happen if I am on throttle hard enough and time it right, but haven't been able to break that feel yet
I am familiar with the ahem..bump in hog pen. Never trust the impending doom that your eyes are comunicating to your brain..... pedal on the right.

Quick Reply: Please Input on My VIR Laps