TRG TO RETURN TO HISTORIC 12 HOURS OF SEBRING

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 02:34 PM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TRG TO RETURN TO HISTORIC 12 HOURS OF SEBRING

From TRG's press release.This is great news. Yippieeee

Petaluma, CA (March 15, 2010)- Following a five-year hiatus from the endurance classic, TRG is proud to announce their entry in to the 58th Annual Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring, taking place this Saturday on March 20th. Featuring drivers Henri Richard, Duncan Ende, and Andy Lally, the team will premier in the new GTC category, running a 2009 GRAND-AM spec Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very cool. Looking forward to watching the race. Fairly full race, compared to recent years, with the additions of the new classes.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:34 PM
NJcroc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am rooting for them, glad to see them doing well
Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Ritter v4.0
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 46 Posts

Race coverage/streaming?
Old 03-15-2010, 09:36 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Glad to see additional participants. TRG is a class outfit that fields high quality cars and drivers.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:25 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 76 Posts

Go TRG!

Is Liz going to do a webcast?
Old 03-16-2010, 10:53 AM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

GTC could be interesting, they are going to be hard to beat with two fast pro drivers.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:49 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MJR911
Very cool. Looking forward to watching the race. Fairly full race, compared to recent years, with the additions of the new classes.
Are you kidding? There are 28 cars. TOTAL. That's a pathetic grid, and there are TOO MANY CLASSES. Why do they keep changing the damn classes? Can't they just have GT1-GT2-GT3 and stop trying to confuse the living crap out of even the most dedicated spectator? Nobody watching at the track will have a damn clue what's going on because there are so few cars in each class.
Old 03-19-2010, 12:00 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by pcar964
Are you kidding? There are 28 cars. TOTAL. That's a pathetic grid, and there are TOO MANY CLASSES. Why do they keep changing the damn classes? Can't they just have GT1-GT2-GT3 and stop trying to confuse the living crap out of even the most dedicated spectator? Nobody watching at the track will have a damn clue what's going on because there are so few cars in each class.
Pretty sure the lights on the side of the cars will help the poor track spectators. Or the poor track spectators can follow live timing and scoring since sebring now has wifi. or they could follow on their phone.

The classes haven't been GT1-GT2-GT3 in almost 10 years so I don't see how this is a problem. LMP-C and GTC were added to boost the grid in this economy and provided a less expensive means of entering the ALMS. It was a blow to have Audi not come this year, but pussyeot decided Audi's fate when they wouldn't agree to letting Audi run the configuration of car that they wanted too. BUT, the Astons will be there along with the Drayson prototype which should make for a good show.

P1 hasn't really had good racing since the Audi's showed up anyways, it was always 'which Audi will win?' so, for there to be different makes in the P1 this year really adds to the show. GT2 on the other hand will put on one hell of a show. It is a little sad that GTC is only for Cup cars, but maybe in the next year or so they can add in some lesser spec GT cars to it to grow the field even more.

I think it's going to be one of the best 12 hours we've seen in years, I hope I'm right. Live streaming at 1:45 EDT on www.speedtv.com today!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:23 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Jarez Mifkin
Pretty sure the lights on the side of the cars will help the poor track spectators. Or the poor track spectators can follow live timing and scoring since sebring now has wifi. or they could follow on their phone.

The classes haven't been GT1-GT2-GT3 in almost 10 years so I don't see how this is a problem. LMP-C and GTC were added to boost the grid in this economy and provided a less expensive means of entering the ALMS. It was a blow to have Audi not come this year, but pussyeot decided Audi's fate when they wouldn't agree to letting Audi run the configuration of car that they wanted too. BUT, the Astons will be there along with the Drayson prototype which should make for a good show.

P1 hasn't really had good racing since the Audi's showed up anyways, it was always 'which Audi will win?' so, for there to be different makes in the P1 this year really adds to the show. GT2 on the other hand will put on one hell of a show. It is a little sad that GTC is only for Cup cars, but maybe in the next year or so they can add in some lesser spec GT cars to it to grow the field even more.

I think it's going to be one of the best 12 hours we've seen in years, I hope I'm right. Live streaming at 1:45 EDT on www.speedtv.com today!
I hope you're right too. I want to show my girlfriend a good race, it will be her first. Thanks for talking me down from the ledge, I should just try and enjoy the race, better than no race at all!

Anyone know why Spyker isn't competing anymore?

Old 03-19-2010, 12:26 PM
Jarez Mifkin
Three Wheelin'

A bad day at the race track is better than any day somewhere else.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:29 PM
NaroEscape
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 527 Likes on 282 Posts

If ALMS were smart, they could make GTC be the exact same spec at GT class in Grand Am (though I think it's close now), that way they can pull more teams directly out of G-A into their series.

My opinion? 3 classes: LMP (just one prototype class, not two 'limited participation' classes), GT (todays GT2), GTC (or whatever you want to call it) for G-A style NON TUBE FRAME GT Cars. Leave the spec racers to G-A.

Getting You On Track!
www.naroescapemotorsports.com
704-395-2975
  • Data Analysis & Coaching
  • Drivers Gear
  • Crew Gear
  • Car Gear

'07 SPC
'71 914/6 Huey
'04 GT3

Old 03-19-2010, 03:31 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Spec racers might be fun for the competitors but they're boring as hell to watch. The allure of ALMS has been the different cars from each manufacturer, and even older racecars that still meet current regulations. I went to Daytona every year since I was 11, until they introduced the pathetic "Daytona Prototypes." Boring as hell to watch for an hour, let alone 24.

Now they're introducing "LMP-C" and "GT-C" classes in ALMS? Stupid. If they need to fill in the grid due to the bad economy, I see GT-C as reasonable - but LMP-C is dangerously close to Daytona Prototype territory, I hope it isn't a sign of things to come.

Quick Reply: TRG TO RETURN TO HISTORIC 12 HOURS OF SEBRING